Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
ABD's *are* addictive!

Sayhello
You said it! We can't wait to book another one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclaire View Post
We are back from the June 10th Bella Italia!! Fabulous trip - I can't recommend it enough. I'll try to get to a trip report, but I'm swamped with work this week. If you have any questions though, please ask and I'll respond.
Oh PLEASE post a trip report! This is the tour I want to go on next year. DH and DD are looking at others, but this one is my top pick! So happy you enjoyed it!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
JokerCap
Earning My Ears

pclaire - who were your guides? How was the hotel in Sorrento?
JokerCap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
pclaire
Mouseketeer

Our guides were Marco and James, who were both wonderful. They went straight from our Bella Italia trip to the June 18th Viva Italia. I thought the hotel in Sorrento was fantastic, and it was my daughter's favorite hotel anywhere, ever. It sits on a hill above Sorrento, and is very modern - think scandanavian blond wood and clean lines. Not "Italian" at all and the complete opposite of our hotel in florence. We were all upgraded to the concierge floor (or at least access to it), so we had a continental breakfast, snacks and drinks (including alcohol) all day. there was also a small pool up there. Very, very nice. Our rooms were huge (including the bathroom) and had a great view of Mt. Vesuvius. They offer a very large buffet breakfast in the morning. The pool was also very cool - you can see it on the website - several different levels, that sort of drop off into the next. The kids loved it, although there was not much free time to swim. The hotel is in a lemon grove where we had dinner the first night. all in all a wonderful place.

The only downside is that it is a bit of a hike into town. I wish we had gotten to Sorrento earlier on sunday, because I never had a chance to see the town. We drove through it on the trip, but we spent what free time we had at the pool rather than walking down into town. Swimming was a perfect break after a long day and the kids had a great time - they didn't need another sightseeing or shopping excursion.

I ope this helps - i really loved the Amalfi coast part of the trip; it was definitely my favorite, and I would like to stay at the hotel again.
pclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
mapsd
Mouseketeer

Great to hear you loved the Sorrento Palace!
We're going to be staying there prior to heading up to Rome for our Viva Italia tour & were curious about the hotel. Got a great deal @ 190/night & love that we could get one 2BR suite instead of paying for 2 rooms for the 4 of us.

Question: Do you recall how long the pool is open in the evening?
The hotel website says it closes at 6 PM daily. Is that correct?
mapsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #20
pclaire
Mouseketeer

I think the pool did close at 6.
pclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
RSM
Mouseketeer

We are also just returning from the 6/17 Central Italy adventure, with 5 days in Rome tacked on after the ABD. Had a great time. Our guides were Marco and Milca. I will try to do a trip report and post photos over the next couple of weeks.
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
We are also just returning from the 6/17 Central Italy adventure, with 5 days in Rome tacked on after the ABD. Had a great time. Our guides were Marco and Milca. I will try to do a trip report and post photos over the next couple of weeks.
Welcome back! Looking forward to your trip report!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
CrazyZeus1
Matching Shirts Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Central Italy (the Amalfi Coast and Tuscany) with ABD in 2012/2013.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Italy Amalfi Coast & Tuscany Bella Itialia ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Central Italy (Amalfi Coast & Tuscany) ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:
Jun 10 – 17, 2012 - paddles & family
- pclaire & daughter
Jun 17 – 24, 2012 - RSM
Jul 4 – 11, 2012 - JokerCap, DH, DD 13 & DS 10
- Phil1019
Sep 29 - Oct 6, 2013 - Strawberry's mom&dad
WE have booked the ABD Bella Italia trip for July 7, 2013! It's Hubby, myself, & our son will be 10 at time of trip!

HEATHER
CrazyZeus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #24
CrazyZeus1
Matching Shirts Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddles View Post
We're on the June 10th trip....and leaving for Europe in just a few days! This will be our first ABD. I chose this trip since it will be the first time for the kids to be in Europe. I've traveled a lot -esp in Europe, so I've always felt comfortable roughing it on my own...but with kids, I think the ABD touch will really make it fun.

We're doing a few pre-days in Paris and then a couple post-nights in Rome.

I've already signed us up for Scotland next year...so I think we're pretty hooked already on ABD.
How was your trip?!?

HEATHER
CrazyZeus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
RSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyZeus1 View Post
WE have booked the ABD Bella Italia trip for July 7, 2013! It's Hubby, myself, & our son will be 10 at time of trip!
Have fun CrazyZeus1. Our son was 9 yrs/11 months and he had a blast. I've posted photos in one of the threads so you can get a feel of the trip. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #26
paddles
Mouseketeer

Hi - we went on the June 10th trip this year and had a great time. It was the first ABD for our family, and we're going to do the Scotland trip next summer because my kids just LOVED the trip, and really adored the adventure guides.

I haven't done a trip report, but wanted to share some thoughts/suggestions for those who are going on a future trip:

1. I wish we had booked 1-2 pre-nights in Sorrento. We did spend a few days in Paris to get over jet-lag and start our vaca, but I wish we had more time in Sorrento. Its beautiful, the hotel is amazing, and the food/people/landscape are great.

2. Do as much shopping as you can in Positano. We were told that Amalfi is a little less expensive, but Positano had amazing clothing shops and things you can't find anywhere else in Italy.

3. For those with younger kids (mine are just 7 and 9), I would suggest doing additional cities/sightseeing in Italy before the ABD (vs. after). I know everyone will have different thoughts on this, but for our family, we were really tired after the ABD trip. My kids found our 2 days in Rome (post-ABD) rather anti-climactic and wanted to leave. But they were fine when we did Paris at the beginning of the trip. So next year, we'll do our sightseeing first in the UK, and then leave right after our Scotland trip is over.

Those are the key things I can think of right now. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Overall, its a great trip, and it was a nice way to introduce Europe to my kids since the food is great, there is a nice balance of sightseeing and physical activities, and the guides were fabulous!
paddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddles
Hi - we went on the June 10th trip this year and had a great time. It was the first ABD for our family, and we're going to do the Scotland trip next summer because my kids just LOVED the trip, and really adored the adventure guides.

I haven't done a trip report, but wanted to share some thoughts/suggestions for those who are going on a future trip:

1. I wish we had booked 1-2 pre-nights in Sorrento. We did spend a few days in Paris to get over jet-lag and start our vaca, but I wish we had more time in Sorrento. Its beautiful, the hotel is amazing, and the food/people/landscape are great.

2. Do as much shopping as you can in Positano. We were told that Amalfi is a little less expensive, but Positano had amazing clothing shops and things you can't find anywhere else in Italy.

3. For those with younger kids (mine are just 7 and 9), I would suggest doing additional cities/sightseeing in Italy before the ABD (vs. after). I know everyone will have different thoughts on this, but for our family, we were really tired after the ABD trip. My kids found our 2 days in Rome (post-ABD) rather anti-climactic and wanted to leave. But they were fine when we did Paris at the beginning of the trip. So next year, we'll do our sightseeing first in the UK, and then leave right after our Scotland trip is over.

Those are the key things I can think of right now. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Overall, its a great trip, and it was a nice way to introduce Europe to my kids since the food is great, there is a nice balance of sightseeing and physical activities, and the guides were fabulous!
Thank you for those tips! This is the trip I really want to do next year, but DH and DD19 want Scotland or Ireland. Decisions, decisions! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 09-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Paddles: forgot to ask... What was the weather like on your trip? What did you wear? We will travel next year at a similar time. Thanks!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #29
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddles View Post

I have to agree with you. I've found that I much prefer doing the extra traveling before the ABD, and just heading home afterwards. The times I didn't, I kept saying to myself "Where are the Adventure Guides? Why am I shlepping my own luggage?" ABD's are fabulous, but they can be a lot of go, go, go.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #30
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
I have to agree with you. I've found that I much prefer doing the extra traveling before the ABD, and just heading home afterwards. The times I didn't, I kept saying to myself "Where are the Adventure Guides? Why am I shlepping my own luggage?" ABD's are fabulous, but they can be a lot of go, go, go.

Sayhello
You have convinced me! Next ABD, we arrive a ah or two early! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: