Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
disneyphx
Mouseketeer

We are spending two nights in HK - not doing DL as we did that as part of our China ABD. Planning on seeing more pandas though!
And we are doing one pre-night in Saigon. Have you started exploring what you might do on the extra days? I keep meaning to look for some 'cool for kids' things to see.
Excited to see Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra and Sofitel Legend Metropole in Hanoi on the Conde Nast Traveler Gold List!
disneyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
sjlsk8r
Mouseketeer

We are also on the July 8 departure and pretty much planning the same "pre trip." We plan to do two (maybe 3) nights in Hong Kong and one in Saigon (probably through ABD) before the trip starts. I think we are going to do at least a half of day at Hong Kong Disney because we have never been and just starting to look into what else while we are there. The Vietnam pre day will most likely be a spa day and a quest to find an ice rink. A bit unusual, but I am a skating coach and love to check out the rinks everywhere I travel. We found an ice rink in Quito before our last ABD!
sjlsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

DH and I are thinking about the Jan 2014 departure. Hadn't even thought about extra nights--probably won't be able to add many since Dh has a limited amount of time off.

This will be our first ABD trip.
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #19
ABD Whovians
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to 6/24

We are on the 6/24 trip. Our girls will be 14 and 10. We did ABD trips to Ecuador / Galapagos (08/10) and Italy (08/11).

We are all really excited and looking forward to June!
ABD Whovians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABD Whovians View Post
We are on the 6/24 trip. Our girls will be 14 and 10. We did ABD trips to Ecuador / Galapagos (08/10) and Italy (08/11).

We are all really excited and looking forward to June!
Welcome to the DIS and the ABD Forum, ABD Whovians! I'm eagerly awaiting the reports on this trip once people start coming back from it!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
figmentfan2009
Mouseketeer

Jennae is in South East Asia now

here is her current report. Not a lot of detail, but some interesting pictures.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #22
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan2009 View Post
here is her current report. Not a lot of detail, but some interesting pictures.
Very cool! Thanks for the link!

Sayhello

Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

Thanks for the link. She has some neat pictures up already. Getting very excited... Tripit tells me I've got 37 days to go!

Destination D WDW CR/BWI Nov 2014
ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
TexasTravelGirl
Earning My Ears

I am really looking forward to the feedback on this trip, I am strongly considering it for 2014, and I think it would be the perfect way to explore these countries. Since it is new there really is not a lot of feedback on it, but given it is Disney I am sure it will be as close to perfect that you can get!

Does anyone know of any feedback on solo travel with ABD? I would love to go on this trip, but my DH not so much...

Jen
TexasTravelGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #25
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTravelGirl View Post
I am really looking forward to the feedback on this trip, I am strongly considering it for 2014, and I think it would be the perfect way to explore these countries. Since it is new there really is not a lot of feedback on it, but given it is Disney I am sure it will be as close to perfect that you can get!

Does anyone know of any feedback on solo travel with ABD? I would love to go on this trip, but my DH not so much...

Jen
Do you have specific questions about solo travel with ABD? I'm leaving on my 5th Solo ABD in 3 weeks, and I'd be happy to answer any & all questions you have.

There is a single supplement added to the cost of the trip (usually about 40% of the per person double occupancy cost). I have never felt out of place traveling solo on an ABD, and find it a wonderful way to do solo travel, as, even though I'm traveling on my own, I am not *alone* (unless I want to be). I also feel much safer, knowing there's a bunch of people (and 2 Adventure Guides) expecting me to be at a particular place at a particular time, who would notice right away if something happened to me.

Sayhello

Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

I book many solo travelers and they all report the same information.

It's perfect acceptable to do things on your own, but it's nice to have a group if you want to spend time with people.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #27
TexasTravelGirl
Earning My Ears

Sayhello,

No not really, I know if I am going to travel solo Disney would be an amazing way to go. I just think this is the perfect way to go, my husband has no desire to go to South East Asia, but I do, and I think going with ABD is the perfect way to go. I am currently planning on booking another trip once the 2014 dates are available, but I am liking what I see on this one.
TexasTravelGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #28
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTravelGirl View Post
Sayhello,

No not really, I know if I am going to travel solo Disney would be an amazing way to go. I just think this is the perfect way to go, my husband has no desire to go to South East Asia, but I do, and I think going with ABD is the perfect way to go. I am currently planning on booking another trip once the 2014 dates are available, but I am liking what I see on this one.
I totally agree with you. I do think ABD is the perfect way to go. Just be aware, ABD's are seriously addictive!

Sayhello

Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #29
sjlsk8r
Mouseketeer

Is anyone familiar with visa on arrival in Vietnam? I know you need the approval letter before arrive there. But, I was just wondering if any one has received a visa by this method and if you would recommend it?
sjlsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #30
DisFan10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlsk8r View Post
Is anyone familiar with visa on arrival in Vietnam? I know you need the approval letter before arrive there. But, I was just wondering if any one has received a visa by this method and if you would recommend it?
We obtained the visa-on-arrival when we went to Vietnam last year and it was very convenient. We used this company and I would recommend them for a hassle-free way to get your Vietnamese visa.

http://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/vie...tnam-visa.html

When we landed in Hanoi, we went to the Visa-on-Arrival counter and gave them our passports and the Approval Letter (which we had printed from the email) and paid the Stamping Fee (in U.S. dollars). They processed our visas and we were on our way within 10 minutes.
Cities of Knights & Lights - June 2010
Bella Italia - June 2009
Enchanted China - Sept 2008
Southwest Splendors - Sept 2007
Spirit of America - August 2007
DisFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: