Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
west&east
DIS Veteran

Room Assignments

We have booked 2 pre-nights on our own at the same hotel (Prague Marriott). What has your experience been with being able to stay in the same room when the ABD begins when booked independently?

Also we have 2 rooms for our family of 4. I was reassured today that they are almost able to provide connecting rooms (and the hotels on our trip do have them). Any experience about receiving or not receiving connecting rooms?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
iujen94
Mouseketeer

I'd also like to know the answer to the question about connecting rooms (for Costa Rica). Thanks!
iujen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #3
west&east
DIS Veteran

Prague Marriott informed me that they have confirmed our connecting rooms and our ability to stay in the same rooms for the pre-nights we booked independently through the ABD portion of our stay.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

If you book the same room category and through ABD you will most likely be able to stay in the same room

If you book the same room category and book it on your own you will likely be able to stay in the room but I would email the hotel the week before so they can block your room when doing the oom assignments

If you book a different room category then no

I have done pre days once and extra days once and was able to stay in the same room both times
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
abbyjt
Mouseketeer

We will be on the Central Europe Trip on June 21. We booked 2 pre nights at the Prague Marriott on our own as well. I called ABD and gave them my reservation numbers and they told me they would link the reservations so we wouldn't have to move rooms. This is the first time we booked pre nights on our own. Usually Disney's price is more but close, this time it was super way more and we have 2 rooms, so on our own it is.

ABDs: Norway (9/14), Austria, Germany & Czech Republic (6/14); Peru (10/13); Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos (6/13); Italy (10/12); Greece (6/12); China (7/11); South Africa (6/09); Germany (6/08); Spain (6/07); London/Paris (6/06)
abbyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
RSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyjt View Post
We will be on the Central Europe Trip on June 21. We booked 2 pre nights at the Prague Marriott on our own as well. I called ABD and gave them my reservation numbers and they told me they would link the reservations so we wouldn't have to move rooms. This is the first time we booked pre nights on our own. Usually Disney's price is more but close, this time it was super way more and we have 2 rooms, so on our own it is.
Hi Abbyjt, we are also booked on the 6/21 ABD. We also booked one pre-night on our own. Interestingly, ABD told me that they could not link the two reservations. They said I would have to ask when I arrived. Not a big deal if we can't do it as we are only there for one pre-night. I'll call Marriott to see if they can do it.
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
carpenta
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in the Prague Marriot and it is a nice hotel. It is a little walk to downtown but very enjoyable. You can book local yours through the front desk. We did and it was a great tour. Many river boat cruise lines use this hotel also so we seen groups milling around on or after their trip. Loved Prague and I am jealous of all who are touring this historic city.
carpenta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #8
abbyjt
Mouseketeer

Hi RSM, we will meet shortly. I often think the service you get from ABD just depends on who answers the phone. Some agents seem to want to fix everything & some say no a lot. The first agent I spoke to said to call with our reservation number to link them. It wasn't even my idea. We leave tonight for a couple of days in Brussels before heading to Prague. See you soon

ABDs: Norway (9/14), Austria, Germany & Czech Republic (6/14); Peru (10/13); Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos (6/13); Italy (10/12); Greece (6/12); China (7/11); South Africa (6/09); Germany (6/08); Spain (6/07); London/Paris (6/06)
abbyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyjt View Post
Hi RSM, we will meet shortly. I often think the service you get from ABD just depends on who answers the phone. Some agents seem to want to fix everything & some say no a lot. The first agent I spoke to said to call with our reservation number to link them. It wasn't even my idea. We leave tonight for a couple of days in Brussels before heading to Prague. See you soon
I think that's very true. Like any company, the answers you get are only as good as the representative you talk to. I find that ABD has a lot of really great "Vacationistas", but I've also had some that just gave me the quick answer. I tend to call back later when I get those...

Sayhello

ETA - Oh, my!!! LOOK at my post count!!! I *just* missed it turning 10,000! Yay for me!
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

Last edited by sayhello; 06-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: