Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
mmjcarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingtheWDWdream View Post
Anyone else going to be going on this Disney Dream Sailing? If so join in lets chat and help each other pass the time away until we get to set sail on the Disney Dream!

My name is Amy and I am a Disney Cruise Addict! This will be our 5th cruise but I spend countless hours reading, watching, and learning about everything DCL related! My mother and I live about 45 minutes from Port Canaveral and visit the area often to watch the cruise ships leave from port. We do live 5 miles from Epcot so we do spend a lot of time in the theme parks when we aren't working or going to college classes!

Roll Call:

LivingtheWDWdream
Amy - 30 (5th Cruise)
Angela - 57 (5th Cruise)
SR: 8092
Dining: Main
Show: Late
FE: Maybe

Kav6970
Kelli- age 42
Paul- age 42
Charlie and Max, twin boys, age 3
SR: 9176
FE: Undecided

jpeppers
John-age 50
Katelyn-age 11
SR: 7192
Dining: Late
Show: Early
FE: unknown

So if your cruising on this sailing please let me know I can add you to the roll call! Would love to have others to chat with about our upcoming cruise

mmjcarr
Mike (38)
Marinda (30)
Jordan (10) <-- LOOKING FOR BUDDIES!!!!
See y'all onboard!
mmjcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
mmjcarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeppers View Post
Not sure if there is room for a Steeler fan and a Seahawk fan on the same cruise! We are still a little bitter in Seattle over our Super Bowl result a few years ago. Oh well, it's vacation......welcome to the cruise!
I hate to say that Seattle was robbed. Considering, I'm a Browns fan I have to butt it on others Super Bowl conversations since I never have any of my own stories to share.

Not to mention, I'm pulling for The Hawks this year. Russell Wilson is amazing.

See you all onboard.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #33
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Hi All!
We are veteran Disney goers and this will be my 4th Disney Cruise-- I'm counting the days since we got off the BEST TRIP EVER Fantasy Sept 2012 . . .
However, I am pretty new to DISboards and this will be our first time doing FE- we
are SO excited!! Who knows how it works? Does someone organize it? I am trying to make some things and need to know how many participants . . .
Please chime in, especially if you are interested in FE

Our crew:
Me-Audrey
DH- Steve
DS -ELijah (8)
DS- Levi (6)
DD- Vivian (3)
DM- Debi (first timer)
DF- Sid (first timer)

We are currently booked on the May 16, but wanted an extra day and are trying to move to the May 12 sailing

Hope to hear from someone soon . . .
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #34
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjcarr View Post
I hate to say that Seattle was robbed. Considering, I'm a Browns fan I have to butt it on others Super Bowl conversations since I never have any of my own stories to share.

Not to mention, I'm pulling for The Hawks this year. Russell Wilson is amazing.

See you all onboard.
we have plenty of room available on the Seahawk bandwagon so welcome. I was actually in the Matt Flynn corner through the 1st half of the season but I am now firmly a Wilson believer. He has been fantastic and to make things even better he is just a fantastic kid. Not many super bowl stories in Seattle either so we tend to cling to the one but I think Wilson might get us back at some point. Maybe see you on the cruise, I'm ready for some sun!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #35
mmjcarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreykthompson
hi all!
We are veteran disney goers and this will be my 4th disney cruise-- i'm counting the days since we got off the best trip ever fantasy sept 2012 . . .
However, i am pretty new to disboards and this will be our first time doing fe- we
are so excited!! Who knows how it works? Does someone organize it? I am trying to make some things and need to know how many participants . . .
Please chime in, especially if you are interested in fe

our crew:
Me-audrey
dh- steve
ds -elijah (8)
ds- levi (6)
dd- vivian (3)
dm- debi (first timer)
df- sid (first timer)

we are currently booked on the may 16, but wanted an extra day and are trying to move to the may 12 sailing

hope to hear from someone soon . . .
fe???
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #36
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

We loved the FE on our last cruise (when you exchange small gifts with your disboard cruise mates) and would be excited to do it again!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

FE= Fish Extenders. Lots of posts on the DIS board about it, but here is the nutshell version-
Fish Extenders are pockets that hang from the exterior decorative/mailbox Fish outside of each stateroom.
Groups on a cruise get together and trade "secret Mickey" type small gifts throughout the cruise. You can either do 1/cabin, 1 for adults, 1 for kids, or 1 for everyone- it's up to you.
On my cruises it has been neat to see the little gifts and decorations- I think my kids are at the age that it will be SO exciting to return to our room anticipating goodies (and their Mom, too )
I hope we get a FE organized soon- looks like we have at least 2-4 families interested.
Any veteran FE'ers wanting to organize it?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #38
Haybuggsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyKThompson View Post
FE= Fish Extenders. Lots of posts on the DIS board about it, but here is the nutshell version-
Fish Extenders are pockets that hang from the exterior decorative/mailbox Fish outside of each stateroom.
Groups on a cruise get together and trade "secret Mickey" type small gifts throughout the cruise. You can either do 1/cabin, 1 for adults, 1 for kids, or 1 for everyone- it's up to you.
On my cruises it has been neat to see the little gifts and decorations- I think my kids are at the age that it will be SO exciting to return to our room anticipating goodies (and their Mom, too )
I hope we get a FE organized soon- looks like we have at least 2-4 families interested.
Any veteran FE'ers wanting to organize it?
I can not volunteer to organize it because I start my new college semester tomorrow.

BUT.... Our family is really excited to participate. My mom already ordered FEs for both of our rooms. And we are already talking about the gifts we want to put together. HINT.... My parents are from Hawaii and my mom is getting together goodies already so make sure you all sign up!!
Miss Haylee Pre-trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513540
"Wake up Princess"~Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2563916

~ September 2014 – Disney Fantasy ~
~September 2014 – Wilderness Lodge/ Bay Lake Tower
~ September 2014 – Animal Kingdom Resort ~

~ April 2014 – Disney Dream
~ April 2014 – Art of Animation/Caribbean Beach ~~ September 2013 – Shades of Green
~ September 2013 – Art of Animation ~

~ May 2013 – Disney Dream/Shades of Green
~ April 2013 – Shades of Green ~
~ September 2012 – Shades of Green ~
~ April 2012 – Swan and Dolphin
~ March 2012 – All Star Movies ~
~ September 2011 – Shades of Green ~
~ April 2011 – All Star Sports
~ September 2010 – Make a Wish ~
~ April 2010 – Shades of Green ~]~ March 2010- Shades of Green
Haybuggsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #39
katcarter
Earning My Ears

We are RAMS fans --- is there room for us????

Our son is 8 (will be a few weeks away from being 9 on the cruise.
Love people and will spend lots of time in the kids club again this year -- had to beg and bribe him last year to get him out of the club to hang with us!!
Hope to get to meet everyone!

Kathy
katcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #40
mmjcarr
Earning My Ears

Fun!

: cool1::c ool1:

Going to be fun!

M

: cool1:
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #41
mmjcarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcarter

Love people and will spend lots of time in the kids club again this year -- had to beg and bribe him last year to get him out of the club to hang with us!!

Kathy
Yeah, y'all are welcome to come too! My wife and I are Vikings fans and our Son is a bandwagon Redskins fan because of RG3.

See ya there!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #42
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

It's official! We changed our booking from 5/16 to 5/12 today! I was SO excited-I got to add an extra day of Magic for 7 people in 2 cabins for under $700!! Thank you, Jodie at smallworldvacations.com
I am looking forward to celebrating Mother's Day onboard with fellow DISers . . .
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #43
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

6 year old son-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicbic97 View Post
Hi All,

We will be on the 5/12 cruise celebrating my 32nd birthday which is on May 15. This will be our 2nd cruise. We just finished a week-long western caribbean on the fantasy and rebooked on-board. We live in TN, but will be driving down to s. fla for my sister's wedding which is on 5/11 so we will drive up to port canaveral the next day for the cruise.

Our family:
Me-Nicole, turning 32 on the cruise
DH-Josh 32
DS-Ari, 5 at the time of the cruise

If anyone on the cruise has a little boy around 5 and would be interested in linking dining, please let me know.

thanks,
Nicole
Hi! Welcome . . . My son Levi is six, so we'd love to meet up, but we have a large group so I bet we'll have our own table . . .
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #44
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Calling all Fish Extenders!

I am so excited about getting started, but didn't see any one to organize it . . . SO, I am giving it a shot. I am new at this and the DIS boards, but am a veteran cruiser and Disney goer, DVC member etc . . .

If any one has pointers/comments/etc, just let me know. If any one more experienced wants to organize, let me know as well and I will gladly let you take over

The rules are simple: Sign up on the attached spreadsheet. Choose for yourself whether you will do 1 gift per cabin, 1 for adults and 1 for kids, or 1 for everyone. I would suggest little things like candy for all the kids even if doing one cabin gift so the anticipation of treats stays high . . . but it is totally up to you!
There are many Fish Extender, Homemade Fish Extender ideas, FE DISigns available on the boards- just search . . .
DON'T let the amazing creativity of your fellow DISers discourage you from participating, however. It is truly the thought that counts, NO GIFT IS TOO SMALL, and dollar stores, oriental trading etc has lots of cute options without overwhelming you or breaking the bank. The more people who participate, the more fun it can be.

Thanks, everyone! I look forward to cruising with you. Please sign up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0JEZHJiLWZhT1E
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #45
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

8 year old son-

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcarter View Post

Kathy
My oldest, Elijah, is also 8- maybe they can get together and have ready made friends in the kids club

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: