Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #271
kimylu1220
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry I'm just now replying. I didn't realize I was in the right place. I guess I'm not as techy as I thought. how does FE work?
kimylu1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #272
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladygwen View Post
Hi all,

My name is Wendy and my whole family is soooo excited about our first cruise.

My son Ashe, age 6, has been battling Leukemia for over a year now and this trip will be his Make-A-Wish adventure. I cant tell you how talking about the trip, watching the Disney Cruise videos, and the count down on my phone has made his chemo so much easier, it is something for him to look forward to.

My husband has spent a lot of time researching hints and tips for the cruise, but he never told me about FEs and I'm not even sure what they are, but from what I have read I guess it is too late to join in the fun.

Along with my husband, Tony, Ashe and I, there will also be my 14 yr old son, Gabriel and my 15 yr old daughter Micki. As I said, we are all very excited.

Oh if there is a chance of Pixie Dust, we will be in room 6130.

Hope to meet many of you all on the cruise and chat a bit over the next couple weeks,
Wendy

Sorry to hear about your son. Welcome to the cruise meet thread. You will have blast on-board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex729 View Post
Hello,
My wife and I will be sailing our first cruise. Looking forward to a good vacation. I sent a facebook request, name is Aaron & Sadie Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orukal View Post
Hello, Audrey,

I'm Wendy/Miladygwen's husband. The countdown for us is 17 days until we take that big bird to the opposite coast.

The reason that I didn't let Wendy know about the FEs is because I had only found out about 4 hours prior, anyway. Otherwise, we would have definitely joined in on the fun. That's most certainly something that we would find ourselves doing. At least that means that we'll be better prepared on our next trip, and I'm quite certain there will be. Our family is a blob of Disney geeks so it's inevitable.

Our two older kids fall in that Edge/Vibe split gap (13 year old boy, 15 year old girl who are best friends and would be much happier if they can stay together). I've already contacted the DCL and they said to speak with the club director but that there should be no problem in getting them together. They're leaning towards Vibe, but we'll check out both clubs when we get there.

Does anyone know if there is someplace that my daughter (15) might be able to find a pen pal from someone around her own age who would also be going on our cruise? I figure that a little search might turn up something, but, when unsure, turn to those who know what they're doing. (:

Thank you, and see you in 18 days!!

Antonio (43)
Wendy (50)
Michaela/Micki (15)
Gabriel/Gabe (13)
Ashe (6) The Make-a-Wish Kid

State Room: 6130
Dining: Not sure. I understand the logic behind choosing, but I'm still a newbie.
Show: See Dining
Fish Extender: Found out about it too late
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimylu1220 View Post
I'm sorry I'm just now replying. I didn't realize I was in the right place. I guess I'm not as techy as I thought. how does FE work?
Welcome Aboard everyone.
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #273
Orukal
Earning My Ears

Feisty,

I just sent an add request to the Facebook page. (:
Orukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #274
Orukal
Earning My Ears

With a 13 year old son (less that a month from 14 by Cruise time) and a 15 year old daughter (Just turned 15 less that a month before Cruise time) we were initially concerned that they wouldn't be able to go to the same club. After contacting DCL, they assured me that there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever with getting them into the same one. We would just have to take it up with the club director.

It looks like they've 95% agreed that Vibe will be their oasis and I was wondering if anyone else had a child who will be in Vibe, as well? Most of the posts here seem to have kids in the single digit range, with a couple of 10 year olds thrown into the mix.

Even though my kids are best friends, it never hurts to know someone before you show up. (:

Last edited by Orukal; 04-25-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #275
kimylu1220
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencemom1 View Post
Hi there! My family would love to include her!
What is your stateroom number?
Thank you!! Our stateroom is 8053 & 8051.

This is our first disney cruise and we are very excited!! I want to participate in the FE so I guess since its closed I will just put special gifts in whatever FE I see.

Thanks!!

Kim
Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #276
kimylu1220
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy View Post
I still have three pending Facebook requests. If I have not accepted you let me know on here and I will accept you. You can just tell me you requested and first name or initials if you want.
Hi! I just sent you a FB request. Darrellnkim Durham 😊 thanks!!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #277
neonibbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
With a 13 year old son (less that a month from 14 by Cruise time) and a 15 year old daughter (Just turned 15 less that a month before Cruise time) we were initially concerned that they wouldn't be able to go to the same club. After contacting DCL, they assured me that there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever with getting them into the same one. We would just have to take it up with the club director.

It looks like they've 95% agreed that Vibe will be their oasis and I was wondering if anyone else had a child who will be in Vibe, as well? Most of the posts here seem to have kids in the single digit range, with a couple of 10 year olds thrown into the mix.

Even though my kids are best friends, it never hurts to know someone before you show up. (:
My son is 13. If they want, he would love to meet them and hang out.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #278
Orukal
Earning My Ears

Neon, is your son going to be going to Vibe? I'm pretty sure that's where my two have decided to go.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #279
Orukal
Earning My Ears

Just called to get the movie schedule and it is, subject to change, of course:

Brave
Frankenweenie
Finding Nemo
Oz the Great and Powerful
Wreck-it Ralph
Lincoln
Ironman 3

The operator only mentioned Brave in Disney 3D, but I would guess that at least Oz and Iron Man would also be.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #280
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just called to get the movie schedule and it is, subject to change, of course:

Brave
Frankenweenie
Finding Nemo
Oz the Great and Powerful
Wreck-it Ralph
Lincoln
Ironman 3

The operator only mentioned Brave in Disney 3D, but I would guess that at least Oz and Iron Man would also be.
Awesome!!

For sure want to see Iron Man 3 Lincoln and Oz if nothing else is going on. Seen all the rest of the movies.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #281
Orukal
Earning My Ears

The whole family is going to check out Oz, but I think just I and my two older kids are going to see Iron Man. I bet we see at least one more. Maybe a late night Lincoln with my wife.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #282
neonibbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Neon, is your son going to be going to Vibe? I'm pretty sure that's where my two have decided to go.
He really hasn't looked into either. We have never been on a cruise before. I think he would be happy to go somewhere that he knows someone. I look forward to meeting you and the kids!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #283
Jazzysmom11
Earning My Ears

Make a wish

Hi all, my name is Lashera. My son Robert (15) is our wish kid. When he was 5 he was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and received a heart transplant after 2 weeks of being on the list. On a side note he is named after his uncle who had the same condition and passed after an artificial heart transplant in 96' and our sons transplant came from a little boy with the same name also. In 2010 our son became sick again and was diagnosed with lymphoma cause by his transplant medications. After only 4 months of chemo and spinals he was cancer free. Our boy has always been a very strong and up beat kid and always willing to up lift the other kids in the hospital. He has done media for Loma Linda childrens hospital in the form of free way billboards, magazine ads, newspaper ads, and currently a commercial. We are traveling with his siblings Oscar (13), Isaiah (10) and Jazmine (22months). I know its late for the fe but im bringing a little Pixie Dust with me and I was hoping for a little for the kiddos also. We just got our stateroom number from MAW. If anyone would like to sprinkle a little our way our room number is 2502. Thanks for listening and we cant wait to meet all the other MAW families. BTW our kids are very outgoing and love making new friends.

Dad, Oscar (38)
Mom, Lashera (33)
Maw kid Robert (15) May 8th 10 year anniversary of heart transplant
Oscar IV (13)
Isaiah (10)
Jazmine (22m)
Jazzysmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #284
Orukal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonibbles View Post
My son is 13. If they want, he would love to meet them and hang out.
Neon, is your husband Chuck from the Facebook page? I sent him a message about maybe getting an email address or Facebook name so my son could write to him. Just not sure if we're all talking about the same kid.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #285
neonibbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Neon, is your husband Chuck from the Facebook page? I sent him a message about maybe getting an email address or Facebook name so my son could write to him. Just not sure if we're all talking about the same kid.
No, I don't have one of those. But my son is on Facebook. Justin Bigelow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: