Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #241
Bayoubandit13
Earning My Ears
 
Bayoubandit13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6

Hey ya all about to book. This is going to be my family's first cruise. My wife and I can't wait are little girl has no idea that we're going its going to be her ninth birthday on the 13th. My question is what will disney do for the birthday girl?

Andy 33
Liz 33
Laura 8
Bayoubandit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #242
Bayoubandit13
Earning My Ears
 
Bayoubandit13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6

I'm even more excited now I just found out that the three days after the cruise we're going to spend at the park is STAR WARS WEEKEND can not wait
Bayoubandit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #243
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Feisty Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoubandit13 View Post
Hey ya all about to book. This is going to be my family's first cruise. My wife and I can't wait are little girl has no idea that we're going its going to be her ninth birthday on the 13th. My question is what will disney do for the birthday girl?

Andy 33
Liz 33
Laura 8
Welcome aboard. They will usually bring out and individual sized desert that says happy birthday and sing to her. You can get a Happy Birthday button from Guest Services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoubandit13 View Post
I'm even more excited now I just found out that the three days after the cruise we're going to spend at the park is STAR WARS WEEKEND can not wait
We did this last year and had a blast. Me and husband have done Star Wars weekend twice and have really enjoyed it.

Welcome Aboard. I got you added to facebook.
__________________
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #244
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Feisty Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,078

I still have three pending Facebook requests. If I have not accepted you let me know on here and I will accept you. You can just tell me you requested and first name or initials if you want.
__________________
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #245
PennyNana
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana mom View Post
My husband and I will be sailing May 12 on our first Disney cruise on the Dream.

Our daughter is a main stage performer on the ship, so we are really looking forward to spending some time with her between shows and greetings.

We look forward to meeting lots of new friends on the ship!

Our party

Joel 54
Jill 55
How exciting!! What main performer is she? Our good friends daughter "knows" Snow White in Disneyland. It's quite exciting when we see her.
PennyNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #246
Louisiana mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3

Hi PennyNana,
Our daughter is "good friends" with the emcee, Ensign Benson in "The Golden Mickeys" and "good friends" with the Fairy Godmother in "Believe". She is also friends with lots of princess understudies. She is having a wonderful time!
Louisiana mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #247
princesspaige6
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1

Hi everyone !! This will be our first Disney cruise ! We sail on may 12 which is also my 40th ! We are super excited!! I just found out about this board and is loving all the info! We are traveling from Newfoundland , Canada !
Krista 39
Matthew 46
Paige 6
Stateroom #9146

Last edited by princesspaige6; 04-03-2013 at 07:36 AM.
princesspaige6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #248
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Feisty Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige6 View Post
Hi everyone !! This will be our first Disney cruise ! We sail on may 12 which is also my 40th ! We are super excited!! I just found out about this board and is loving all the info! We are traveling from Newfoundland , Canada !
Krista 39
Matthew 46
Paige 6
Stateroom #9146
Welcome aboard, It seems like we have quite a few families from Canada on this cruise . You will love the cruise me and my husband took our first one last year and are hooked.
__________________
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #249
PennyNana
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana mom View Post
Hi PennyNana,
Our daughter is "good friends" with the emcee, Ensign Benson in "The Golden Mickeys" and "good friends" with the Fairy Godmother in "Believe". She is also friends with lots of princess understudies. She is having a wonderful time!
Oh yeah it's "good friends" NOT "knows" . I forgot the Disney rules (hehe)
PennyNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #250
steelernut
Mouseketeer
 
steelernut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh to S.C.
Posts: 129

Good morning! 5 more weeks!!
PC webcam is down so we can't see the ships. We can see them from our hotel room though in 5 weeks!!
__________________
Carnival Pride 09/14/02 Western, Carnival Fantasy 05/08/03, Mariner of the Seas 11/16/03 Inaugural, Mariner of the Seas 10/10/04 Western, Carnival Glory 10/14/06 Eastern, Disney Wonder 10/12/08 Four Night, Freedom of the Seas 10/11/09 Western
Carnival Dream 2/26/11 Eastern, Disney Dream 5/11/13 Four Night, Port Orleans Riverside 5/23-28/2010, French Quarter 12/17-23/2011
steelernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #251
NeNe1024
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2

First Disney Cruise May 12

Our family will be boarding Disney Dream for our first Disney Cruise on May 12, 2013. Our cruisers are myself (the grandmother from Omaha, NE), my son, his wife, and granddaughter age 5, grandson, age 2 1/2, from St. Louis. I've been reading all the great information! Trying to figure out decorations for our door and appropriate pirate wear for the family. The kids will happily dress the part, but the rest of us aren't so sure to what extent is appropriate. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone?
NeNe
NeNe1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #252
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Feisty Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeNe1024 View Post
Our family will be boarding Disney Dream for our first Disney Cruise on May 12, 2013. Our cruisers are myself (the grandmother from Omaha, NE), my son, his wife, and granddaughter age 5, grandson, age 2 1/2, from St. Louis. I've been reading all the great information! Trying to figure out decorations for our door and appropriate pirate wear for the family. The kids will happily dress the part, but the rest of us aren't so sure to what extent is appropriate. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone?
NeNe
Welcome Aboard! Me and my husband went out in full pirate garb last year. So it really is what ever your comfortable with. If you have Facebook and want to join our group on there here is a link https://www.facebook.com/groups/117569511752638/.
__________________
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #253
schiou
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3

First Time Cruise

Hi Friends!

This will be our first DC, and we are super excited. We'll be sailing with my sister's family and parents, so looking forward to fun filled reunion and cruise. New to the Disboards, but happy to be able to connect with some fellow cruisers.

Shirley
Eric
Sophie (5.5)
Elyse (5.5)
Nathan (2)

We will try to join the list for FE. I'm glad I stumbled upon the boards before the deadline for FE!
schiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #254
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran
 
Feisty Fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiou View Post
Hi Friends!

This will be our first DC, and we are super excited. We'll be sailing with my sister's family and parents, so looking forward to fun filled reunion and cruise. New to the Disboards, but happy to be able to connect with some fellow cruisers.

Shirley
Eric
Sophie (5.5)
Elyse (5.5)
Nathan (2)

We will try to join the list for FE. I'm glad I stumbled upon the boards before the deadline for FE!
Welcome Aboard!
__________________
Feisty Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #255
DHight
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Port St Lucie FL
Posts: 5

Hi- This will be our 4th cruise. My kids are in full pirate costume. My husband and I usually wear a pirate type t-shirt/jeans. The adults either are in full costume, pirate t-shirts or reg clothes. It is a super amazing night!!!!
DHight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.