Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #211
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresKidcot View Post
Thanks for the heads up re: the Facebook Group...I have sent my request. My name is Stephanie.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I have a feeling a lot of champagne and sparkling wine will be imbibed during this voyage.

I typically enjoy watching most sports, but hockey is the only sport that makes me yell at the television, ha ha
Congrats you anniversary as well. I have added you. Our plan for our anniversary is a relaxing day at the rain forest followed by dinner at Palo maybe hit the MDR for our late dinning and then enjoying a specialty Champagne at Pink.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #212
TinkEBell
"It's Goooood" *In my PIP voice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresKidcot View Post
Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time posting. We have just booked our (FIRST) Disney Cruise and are really looking forward to it. I have read all the posts in this forum, and now, to add my two cents (not literally, because we got rid of the penny in Canada...)
My group consists of:
ME (Big time Disney Geek) - 34
My Husband (Bigger Disney Geek) - 26
My Terrific Mother-in-Law - Sixty...cough cough
My Father-in-Law - Seventy...cough cough

My husband and I are celebrating our five year anniversary on this cruise. We got engaged at the Canada Pavilion at Epcot, and we spent our honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

I don't really watch American Football (please don't hurt me), but if bribed appropriately will cheer for any team. I do LOVE hockey (any fans out there?) and bleed green, blue and white for the Vancouver Canucks. Any other Canadians on this cruise? Or hockey fans?

We may be participating in the FE. And really looking forward to some good times and meeting some good friends.
Welcome Aboard!! Have not watched hockey a day in my life. Being from the South (New Orleans) not much exposure to the colder sports. But, I do wish your team luck getting into those playoffs We are American football fans through and through. Extreme Saints fans!!!! Even my 2 year old daughter watches football *proud parents*
TinkEBell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #213
DHight
Earning My Ears

May 12th Cruise

We are so excited and will be sailing on May 12th as well. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. We have twin boys 5 and our little guy is 18 month. We are counting down the days.
DHight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #214
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHight View Post
We are so excited and will be sailing on May 12th as well. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. We have twin boys 5 and our little guy is 18 month. We are counting down the days.
Welcome Aboard!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #215
Sharkelos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Finn View Post
My son is four as well. Maybe they can go to the club together. He went last year when he was three and liked it but didn't love it.
It would be great for my 4yo to meet someone right before heading in - might make it a little easier just having someone else in that age group We went on a different cruise line last year and he really enjoyed the club activities. I suspect Disney will take it to another level though for this age.
Sharkelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #216
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHight View Post
Welcome ! We are cruising with our 18 month old and 4 1/2 year old!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #217
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkelos View Post

It would be great for my 4yo to meet someone right before heading in - might make it a little easier just having someone else in that age group We went on a different cruise line last year and he really enjoyed the club activities. I suspect Disney will take it to another level though for this age.
Great! We will have to figure out a time for them to meet up. I know Finn would be happy to feel like he had a friend.

What cruise line did you do last year?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #218
DHight
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Finn View Post
Great! We will have to figure out a time for them to meet up. I know Finn would be happy to feel like he had a friend.

What cruise line did you do last year?

We took the twins on the Wonder 2x and then we all went on the Dream Last Nov. We also do the 4 night Bahama trip. The twins loved the Aqua Duck and requested to do the same vacation. We will try the week vacation when Alex is a little older. Which ones have you been on?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #219
neonibbles
Mouseketeer

Hello all. I also will be sailing on this cruise. It is my first time ever on a ship. My DS and I will be going together. He is 13 and is not sure what he will find. I think he is mostly afraid that mom's Disney addiction will embarrass him. I do hope that there is plenty of room for Steelers fans as we are now from Pittsburgh!

What is FE?? Help.

Last edited by neonibbles; 03-25-2013 at 10:02 PM.
neonibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #220
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonibbles View Post
Hello all. I also will be sailing on this cruise. It is my first time ever on a ship. My DS and I will be going together. He is 13 and is not sure what he will find. I think he is mostly afraid that mom's Disney addiction will embarrass him. I do hope that there is plenty of room for Steelers fans as we are now from Pittsburgh!

What is FE?? Help.
Welcome aboard.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #221
neonibbles
Mouseketeer

Thank you. I sent a request for the facebook page as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #222
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

FE= Fish Extenders. Lots of posts on the DIS board about it, but here is the nutshell version- Fish Extenders are pockets that hang from the exterior decorative/mailbox Fish outside of each stateroom. Groups on a cruise get together and trade "secret Mickey" type small gifts throughout the cruise. You can either do 1/cabin, 1 for adults, 1 for kids, or 1 for everyone- it's up to you. On my cruises it has been neat to see the little gifts and decorations- I think my kids are at the age that it will be SO exciting to return to our room anticipating goodies (and their Mom, too )
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #223
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Calling all Fish Extenders! rules are simple: Sign up on the attached spreadsheet. There are many Fish Extender, Homemade Fish Extender ideas, FE DISigns available on the boards- just search . . . DON'T let the amazing creativity of your fellow DISers discourage you from participating, however. It is truly the thought that counts, NO GIFT IS TOO SMALL, and dollar stores, oriental trading etc has lots of cute options without overwhelming you or breaking the bank. The more people who participate, the more fun it can be. Welcome to anyone new to our cruise meet!
Please sign up https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0JEZHJiLWZhT1E
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #224
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Eta: corrected link-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0JEZHJiLWZhT1E
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #225
DHight
Earning My Ears

I couldn't open the spread sheet. Can you please re-post it. Thanks!

Last edited by DHight; 03-26-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: got it thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: