Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #196
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

Patience please as I earn my ears!

My husband and I were married in May, 13 years ago in Nassau right on the beach, so it will be nice to go back. We will visit (and highly recommend) the Graycliff where we had dinner on our wedding night.

We joked about recreating our wedding pictures, but at this point I could not fit one leg in the dress and he has no hair left to comb!
lilagirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #197
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

We have signed up for the FE and I can't wait! I have already ordered the gifts and hope they are enjoyed! I would love to make homemade gifts, but will be doing a lot of traveling for work in April and will not have time (last April between work and vacations I was in 16 different states!!!).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #198
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

Final post needed! Thanks for reading! I feel like I am on a dating website! I like piña coladas, getting caught in the rain...
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #199
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisty Fairy

Just to let you know the link is not working.
It just worked for me ?!? Let me know if you continue to have problems and I'll investigate further---
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #200
TinkEBell
"It's Goooood" *In my PIP voice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilagirl8 View Post
Final post needed! Thanks for reading! I feel like I am on a dating website! I like piña coladas, getting caught in the rain...
This made me laugh out loud, thanks for that, it's been a long day here at work
TinkEBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #201
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My grandma has been a "snow bird" in Cape Canaveral for the past 18 years (less than a mile from Port), and my Mom and sister both own condos there.

With that being said, I would be more than happy to try and answer pre/post cruise questions for you since it is like my second home!
I would love restaurant recommendations!! We are staying a couple days on either side for some additional beach time. Also if there are any fun places for kids. Thanks!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #202
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Finn

I would love restaurant recommendations!! We are staying a couple days on either side for some additional beach time. Also if there are any fun places for kids. Thanks!!!
Our favorite restaurant is Grills at the Port. Terrific food, great outdoor area, live music. A great place to watch cruise ships go out. If you time it right (4 pm - 5 pm) not only can you see the ships, but also the fishing charters return. My kids love to see the fish that have been caught, and all the pelicans that gather to see the fish too!

Also in the port is Fish Lips which is really good, and Milliken's Reef - inside is a little fancy, but outside is casual (again, with great views of ships). They also have a sandy area that kids like.

Ron Jon's is a must, as well as Cocoa Beach Surf Company. Inside CBSC there is a restaurant called the Shark Pit. They have a huge aquarium that you can eat at and really good brick oven pizzas (endless summer, YUM!)

Behind the Radisson Hotel is a Manatee Sanctuary Park. Lovely little park where we usually are lucky spotting manatees. Also a great place to see cruise ships and get pictures.

If you are willing to travel about 40 minutes, the Brevard Zoo is in Melbourne and is terrific for kids (and adults!!!)

Golf and Gators is kind of hokey, but is right on N. Atlantic Ave, and we always have a blast mini golfing and then feeding the alligators.

My kids just love being at the beach. We like walking to Jetty Pier to see dolphins, manatees, and sea turtles, or down to Cocoa Beach Pier for more "touristy" fun.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Stephanie
Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #203
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Our favorite restaurant is Grills at the Port. Terrific food, great outdoor area, live music. A great place to watch cruise ships go out. If you time it right (4 pm - 5 pm) not only can you see the ships, but also the fishing charters return. My kids love to see the fish that have been caught, and all the pelicans that gather to see the fish too!

Also in the port is Fish Lips which is really good, and Milliken's Reef - inside is a little fancy, but outside is casual (again, with great views of ships). They also have a sandy area that kids like.

Ron Jon's is a must, as well as Cocoa Beach Surf Company. Inside CBSC there is a restaurant called the Shark Pit. They have a huge aquarium that you can eat at and really good brick oven pizzas (endless summer, YUM!)

Behind the Radisson Hotel is a Manatee Sanctuary Park. Lovely little park where we usually are lucky spotting manatees. Also a great place to see cruise ships and get pictures.

If you are willing to travel about 40 minutes, the Brevard Zoo is in Melbourne and is terrific for kids (and adults!!!)

Golf and Gators is kind of hokey, but is right on N. Atlantic Ave, and we always have a blast mini golfing and then feeding the alligators.

My kids just love being at the beach. We like walking to Jetty Pier to see dolphins, manatees, and sea turtles, or down to Cocoa Beach Pier for more "touristy" fun.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Stephanie
Thank you so much!!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #204
The Knapps
Earning My Ears

We booked and we are looking forward to cruising on May 12! Less than two months away but still feels like forever!

The Knapps
room 10514
The Knapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #205
TinkEBell
"It's Goooood" *In my PIP voice*

Fish Extender

Received our Fish Exetender in the mail yesterday (ordered from Etsy). All of these goodies coming in from Etsy is making me beyond ready for May 12th!!! Please, please, please hurry
TinkEBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #206
WheresKidcot
Earning My Ears

I LOVE DISNEY FIRSTS - First Cruise

Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time posting. We have just booked our (FIRST) Disney Cruise and are really looking forward to it. I have read all the posts in this forum, and now, to add my two cents (not literally, because we got rid of the penny in Canada...)
My group consists of:
ME (Big time Disney Geek) - 34
My Husband (Bigger Disney Geek) - 26
My Terrific Mother-in-Law - Sixty...cough cough
My Father-in-Law - Seventy...cough cough

My husband and I are celebrating our five year anniversary on this cruise. We got engaged at the Canada Pavilion at Epcot, and we spent our honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

I don't really watch American Football (please don't hurt me), but if bribed appropriately will cheer for any team. I do LOVE hockey (any fans out there?) and bleed green, blue and white for the Vancouver Canucks. Any other Canadians on this cruise? Or hockey fans?

We may be participating in the FE. And really looking forward to some good times and meeting some good friends.
WheresKidcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #207
lilagirl8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresKidcot
Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time posting. We have just booked our (FIRST) Disney Cruise and are really looking forward to it. I have read all the posts in this forum, and now, to add my two cents (not literally, because we got rid of the penny in Canada...)
My group consists of:

My husband and I are celebrating our five year anniversary on this cruise. We got engaged at the Canada Pavilion at Epcot, and we spent our honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

I don't really watch American Football (please don't hurt me), but if bribed appropriately will cheer for any team. I do LOVE hockey (any fans out there?) and bleed green, blue and white for the Vancouver Canucks. Any other Canadians on this cruise? Or hockey fans?

We may be participating in the FE. And really looking forward to some good times and meeting some good friends.
Welcome!! It is so funny that you mentioned the penny - my 10 yr old DD and I were just talking about the fact that CA got rid of the penny not 30 minutes ago!

We are in Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY area and while we like football, we live for hockey!!! I am a huge Sabres fan, and much to our friends dismay my DH loves the Leafs!!!! Was the fall and early winter as difficult for you with no season? We were going crazy here!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #208
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresKidcot View Post
Hello all,
My group consists of:

I do not watch American Football either. I prefer martial arts. I love to watch hockey when I can though. Me and my husband will be celebrating our 7th Anniversary this year. If you want we also have a Facebook page going if you want to join just let me know and I will approve your request. https://www.facebook.com/groups/117569511752638/

PS I still have two request I do not who are please let me now if anyone still have a request pending.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #209
WheresKidcot
Earning My Ears

Hi Lilagirl8

It's funny, at first it felt like such a big deal that there would be no more pennies minted...until you realize that you pay with EVERYTHING by debit. And if you do pay cash, the rounding up or down of prices happens instantly.

I won't hold it against your husband re: being a Leafs fan, as you may know, Vancouver fans and Toronto fans hate each other, hahaha. It was pretty difficult waiting for the lock-out to end. We may be spending time in the sports bar on the Dream if Vancouver makes the playoffs.

We are all really looking forward to this cruise. March is definitely coming in like a lion on the 'Wet' Coast.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #210
WheresKidcot
Earning My Ears

Thanks Feisty Fairy...

Thanks for the heads up re: the Facebook Group...I have sent my request. My name is Stephanie.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I have a feeling a lot of champagne and sparkling wine will be imbibed during this voyage.

I typically enjoy watching most sports, but hockey is the only sport that makes me yell at the television, ha ha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: