Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #166
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
I would be about to burst!
OH I am!! LOL I so am!! I'm all like....::

And this will be me two Mondays from now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRbcfaOD9NU
Old 08-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #167
jusero
DIS Veteran

The next chapter is coming soon! Hopefully tomorrow.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #168
jusero
DIS Veteran

Everyone's favorite seagulls. Click on the pic to see video:

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Last edited by jusero; 08-12-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #169
jusero
DIS Veteran

Chapter Nine

(Just click on the photos labeled "video")

Off to Animal Kingdom this morning by 9 a.m. and were in the gates pretty quickly, despite the crowd level … which was massive.

While Leo headed off to the left of the tree to grab some safari fast passes, I headed to the right to try and reshoot some footage of Expedition Everest. No such luck. The sun was coming from behind the mountain, so everything was back lit. (trip)

So I headed back over towards Dino to meet up with Leo. Luckily, for some reason, this ride seems to never have a long line no matter how packed the park is. Lucky for us, because this is one of our fave rides. The goofball in the following video is Leo.

Video:

After bumping our way through the crustatious (sp?) period … and being deafened by several dinos, we went back to the safari.

I am still always amused by the dirty looks people in the stand-by line give to those of us passing them in the fast pass line. Suck it up people, you could get a fast pass too. But it is also amazing how many people still don’t realize that anyone with a ticket can get fast passes. They think you have to pay extra for it.

What, doesn’t everyone use the disboards?? OK, so not everyone is a Disney geek like me … but they should be.

Anyway, on to the safari! Maybe I can see some animals this time. Riiiiiight … Once again, I asked for the front seat, although I don’t know why. You can see just as well in any row, as long as you get an outside seat.

Here is a bit of good advice: If you see me on the ride, sit on the opposite side of the truck from me! This was my third or fourth time on this ride this trip and, you guessed it … all the animals were on the other side of the truck. Oh, I just give up!

After pouting through the safari one more time, I spent some time reshooting around the park. So much for spending the last few days camera free.

While we were sitting at the Lion King waiting for the show to begin, this woman decided it was a good time and place to change her baby’s poopy diaper in the bleachers. Really? And I don’t even want to know what she did with the, um, soiled one.

Anyhoo, I think I managed to get some good replacement video footage of the show. Well, good for me anyway. And be thankful it wasn’t smell-o-vision. Sheesh. That smell really lingers when you have a poopy diaper in your back pocket. Well, not MY back pocket.

Ever try to hold your breath for about 30 minutes?

Videos:

By the time we finished the Lion King, and could breathe fresh air again, Leo wanted to get his photo in front of each of the animatronics characters on the floats. And as he was posing in front of the elephant, he reached up and touched its trunk … and got yelled at. The cast member was actually very polite about telling him “hands off.” But I thought it was amusing enough to do the sing-song “Oooooo, you got in trouble!” Then I turned to the CM and told her, “I just can’t take him anywhere.”

From there we headed over to try for another shot at the tigers. But, by the time we got there, it was about 12:30 and they were pretty well hidden in the shadows of the bushes snoozing.

As I started to whine my big girl whine about never getting here early enough, we rounded the corner and, just a the group in front of us left and we were able to get close to the fence, here came one beautiful tiger sauntering around the corner and another sitting in the open licking and chewing on what looked like a melon of some kind. The wanderer got pretty close to us so I was able to get some pretty good shots of him.

Great views and shots taken, we meandered a bit and ran across this guy playing a really cool Indonesian instrument made of bamboo. I thought I got good video of him but later found I didn’t push the button hard enough and got nothin’ but a quick shot of my toes. Luckily, Leo got him with the bloggie.

Video:

As we continued to meander, I saw something I had never seen before. And I thought I had seen everything. I mean, I have seen women in heels at the parks before and it always makes me go “hmmmmm.” But this time I saw a woman in stiletto boots and hot pants. I was so enthralled (and figured most people wouldn’t believe anyone would do this), I just had to take a pic. And by this time it was early afternoon so I know she had been on her feet in the park for at least several hours. Wow.

After a bit, w grabbed a late lunch and decided to head back to Shades for a quick nap and off to Magic Kingdom for the 9 p.m. parade.

Me taking a nap:

That was the plan anyway.

Now, for the life of me, I can’t seem to remember what took us so long to get home. But we didn’t end up back at Shades until about 6 p.m. Soooo, no time for naps. Just a tad bit of time relaxing and then off to the Kingdom.

Of course, as soon as we get there, we headed straight to Pirates and Mansion. We then looked for a good spot to watch the parade. We always watch from Frontierland for the best seats and fewest people. Well, normally it’s the fewest people. Today was packed, as was the norm for this entire trip.

However, I did see an open spot right at the ropes near a trash can. I asked the lady standing there is this spot in front of the can was taken and if they minded if we sat there. She said, “Only if you are trashy enough.” Get it? Trashy enough in front of a trash can? Then her hubby said it would cost us $5 per person.

My kind of people.

At least I felt comfortable sitting in front of and leaning up against the trash cans here at the World. Here they scrub the trash cans at least once a day and they are never overflowing or sticky or stinky. I would never even think about sitting on the ground near a trash can at other amusement parks.

Now, while sitting there waiting, I noticed a kid about 10 years old with a camera that had to be at least $800. Um, OK. And I had seen this a few young kids with expensive cameras this trip. What’s going on? Well, I guess that’s better than spending that kind of money on video games.

After shooting the parade and thoroughly enjoying it, as usual, we went to Philharmagic and over to the Jungle Cruise.

Videos:

While standing in line, we noticed this couple in front of us were wearing anniversary pins that said 42 years. Well, that is what was printed on them, not that they actually talked. When I said congrats, the hubby explained to us that they had gotten married at the age of three. More of my kind of people.

Not really wanting to call it a night, but really, really tired, we stopped long enough to watch the fireworks from the central hub on Main Street and then headed home.

As we were waiting to board the bus to head home, one of my pet peeves popped up … again.

Can I ask a favor of anyone with those large, overgrown strollers? Please don’t wait until the bus arrives and you are at the door to take the kids out, take all the bags off, unload the bottom, untie anything tied to it, run back to the garbage can to throw the trash away and fight to fold the thing up … then get on the bus. Can you please do as much as you can to prep for boarding before the bus gets there? Or at least send one person onto the bus with the kids to grab seats while the other person steps to the side to prep the stroller for boarding?

I mean, I know it is hard when you have kids and all the stuff that comes with that, and I really don’t mind waiting a bit while you get things in order, but have a heart and try to get at least some of it taken care of ahead of time.

OK, I will get off my soap box and on to bed.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Last edited by jusero; 08-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #170
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Gotta love those stilettos. I wouldn't last 5 minutes in those things in the mall, never mind Animal Kingdom. I wonder if she wore them on Kali River Rapids?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #171
robin19871
DIS Veteran

Great Chapter.. It amazes me that anyone would wear high heeled shoes to any of the parks.. (Especially AK where there are cracks in the pavement on purpose.) I bet she kept her head down the whole day as to not get her heel caught in a crack. (Now That would have been funny.)
I have to laugh about the comment about the expensive camera for children. That is exactly what my 13 year old son want's for Christmas.. It must be a trend..LOL
Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #172
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

On our Feb trip this year I was amazed at how many people I saw wearing high heels. I wanted to walk up to them and ask them were they insane. My feet hurt just looking at them.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #173
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I would have believed you, even without photographic proof, had you said you saw someone in hot pants and stilettos. We have seen women walking around in the most outrageous outfits and shoes. I don't see how they do it.

Too bad you weren't able to get any good safari pictures on the next go-round. I usually give one camera to Hunter and I take the other and then we sit on opposite sides of the truck.

When you were talking about unloading the stroller ahead of time, I was thinking in my head...Amen sister! I have never understood why they don't go ahead and get the stroller ready to load onto the bus before the bus gets there.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #174
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
Gotta love those stilettos. I wouldn't last 5 minutes in those things in the mall, never mind Animal Kingdom. I wonder if she wore them on Kali River Rapids?
Probably would have poked a hole in the boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin19871 View Post
Great Chapter.. It amazes me that anyone would wear high heeled shoes to any of the parks.. (Especially AK where there are cracks in the pavement on purpose.) I bet she kept her head down the whole day as to not get her heel caught in a crack. (Now That would have been funny.)
I have to laugh about the comment about the expensive camera for children. That is exactly what my 13 year old son want's for Christmas.. It must be a trend..LOL
You have my kind of sense of humor. That would have been funny. Almost as funny as that lady who fell over the bench while texting at MK.
As for the cameras ... I would get him one of the less expensive Canon or go to a pawn shop and get him a used camera just until he decides if this is something he will stick with. If he has a more basic camera, it will benefit him to learn all the technical techniques of shooting before getting a full automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
On our Feb trip this year I was amazed at how many people I saw wearing high heels. I wanted to walk up to them and ask them were they insane. My feet hurt just looking at them.
Maybe I should just sit on a bench one day and shoot the crazy things people wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I would have believed you, even without photographic proof, had you said you saw someone in hot pants and stilettos. We have seen women walking around in the most outrageous outfits and shoes. I don't see how they do it.

Too bad you weren't able to get any good safari pictures on the next go-round. I usually give one camera to Hunter and I take the other and then we sit on opposite sides of the truck.

When you were talking about unloading the stroller ahead of time, I was thinking in my head...Amen sister! I have never understood why they don't go ahead and get the stroller ready to load onto the bus before the bus gets there.
I would let Leo take the camera, but then I would have ended up with shots of the animal's feet or butts or close up shots of the ground or tree tops. Or, better yet, really good shots of Leo's feet.

As for the strollers, arg, just arg.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Last edited by jusero; 08-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #175
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Just joining in now and loving your TR! I canNOT believe women wearing heels - what are they doing!!! I wear crocs or sneakers and even they hurt my feet after hours of walking!!
You said you went the first 2 weeks of May, right? Oh no, we're planning for May next year too! We are bringing my parents who have only been in early February before, I don't think they will be super impressed with the queues if its that busy next year! We were there on Disneymoon in May 2011 and it was glorious, it seems like the regular season is getting busier and busier!
Oh and I love your observations of other guests and your humour - you have me cracking up here!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #176
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Just joining in now and loving your TR! I canNOT believe women wearing heels - what are they doing!!! I wear crocs or sneakers and even they hurt my feet after hours of walking!!
You said you went the first 2 weeks of May, right? Oh no, we're planning for May next year too! We are bringing my parents who have only been in early February before, I don't think they will be super impressed with the queues if its that busy next year! We were there on Disneymoon in May 2011 and it was glorious, it seems like the regular season is getting busier and busier!
Oh and I love your observations of other guests and your humour - you have me cracking up here!
Welcome! Happy to have you on board. We always go the first couple weeks of May and have always had perfect weather (mid to upper 80s and little to no rain) and pretty low crowds. I really don't know what happened this year. I hope it was just a fluke. Since it looks like we won't be able to go next year you will have to let me know how it goes.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #177
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero

Welcome! Happy to have you on board. We always go the first couple weeks of May and have always had perfect weather (mid to upper 80s and little to no rain) and pretty low crowds. I really don't know what happened this year. I hope it was just a fluke. Since it looks like we won't be able to go next year you will have to let me know how it goes.
I definitely will! Hoping to do a PTR and TR once it gets closer so I'll be posting here! I'm completely Disney crazy so I'm sure to be on here a lot now that I've discovered it We normally go in December, January or February but after the bad winter in 2010 we said we better pick a better time in case we get more weather like that so when we were planning our wedding we reckoned May looked a good time and had such good weather/low crowds while there in 2011 that we are fit to burst (well I am, DH likes Disney but just just doesn't *get* it!) to get back there! Fingers crossed it was just a fluke! DS will be 14.5 months when we go so hopefully we won't have to do crazy queues with him in tow!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #178
jusero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
I definitely will! Hoping to do a PTR and TR once it gets closer so I'll be posting here! I'm completely Disney crazy so I'm sure to be on here a lot now that I've discovered it We normally go in December, January or February but after the bad winter in 2010 we said we better pick a better time in case we get more weather like that so when we were planning our wedding we reckoned May looked a good time and had such good weather/low crowds while there in 2011 that we are fit to burst (well I am, DH likes Disney but just just doesn't *get* it!) to get back there! Fingers crossed it was just a fluke! DS will be 14.5 months when we go so hopefully we won't have to do crazy queues with him in tow!
Well, even though the crowds were high, we didn't stand too long in any lines. Of course, that's because we know how to do the rides combining fast passes, EMH and going during parades/fireworks and such. And, since you are Disney geeks too, I'm sure you will be fine. But I will still cross my fingers and send pixie dust for low crowds for you.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #179
jusero
DIS Veteran

Out of town for a few days. I will be writing the next chapter or two while I am gone and will post them when I get back. Off to upstate NY! Lake George area.

1982, 1985, Disneyland

Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #180
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Out of town for a few days. I will be writing the next chapter or two while I am gone and will post them when I get back. Off to upstate NY! Lake George area.
Have fun. By the time you update I'll be in WDW. I'll have to catch up when I get back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: