Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Having Trouble Getting Deposits Back From Tina Edmonds RV?

After posting here asking for additional contact info I have heard from so many other folks having trouble getting their money back that I decided to take this issue a step further.

If you are one of the many having difficulty getting your money back, please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

Once you put in the company name (Tina Edmonds RV Rental, Jacksonville) and hit search, the company information will come up. Just fill in your complaint info and submit.

Maybe working together we can help each other get our money back and prevent others from losing theirs as well.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
skyp4WDW
Mouseketeer

This is exactly why it is not a good idea to promote or recommend other DisBoard Member's/Friend's businesses....People get burned! What a shame! And where are all those irresponsible posters now?

This is an unfortunate lesson for all who view this site. The Posters who answer your questions are only offering personal opinions. (Their answers may not necessarily be factual).
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
retired and happy
Auburn-him/Alabama-her

Granted there may be few reasons for not at least responding to people who have agreements to rent, but does anyone know Tina's reason? Yes, referrals on internet threads are just personal experiences, but many people have had good luck with Tina and other places mentioned in such referrals. There is no reason to quit telling others when you have had a good experience with an individual or company. If anyone has factual information on the cause of problem with Tina, post that here. Posters are not necessarily "irresponsible" for offering advice based on their personal experience, and should not be blasted for trying to help someone.
retired and happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
articfox676
Mouseketeer

No matter what the problem with Tina and her business if she is not going to continue renting responsibly she should close down her web site for rentals and refund the deposits. This is the professional way. Vacation is expensive enough without this.

What was in the past is just that the past.
articfox676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired and happy View Post
Granted there may be few reasons for not at least responding to people who have agreements to rent, but does anyone know Tina's reason? Yes, referrals on internet threads are just personal experiences, but many people have had good luck with Tina and other places mentioned in such referrals. There is no reason to quit telling others when you have had a good experience with an individual or company. If anyone has factual information on the cause of problem with Tina, post that here. Posters are not necessarily "irresponsible" for offering advice based on their personal experience, and should not be blasted for trying to help someone.
Personal experience is valuable, but recommendations based on friendships, or word or mouth is just that.

That being said, the responsibility also lies with the individual inquiring to do their homework and determine the difference. To rent based soley on a mention in the forum without having spoken with an actual renter isn't the fault of the forum.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Wendy&Grumpy

After filing my complaint with the BBB, and another phone call and email Tuesday threatening legal action, I have finally heard from Tina and received a refund through Paypal.

Only she sent it as a payment, so I did not initially receive the full amount.

I called Paypal and they advised that she should be sending refunds using the "Personal" tab marked as "Gift" to prevent fees being deducted.

I have advised her of this and she has sent the remaining amount, so I have now received my refund in full.

Hopefully the rest of you will be receiving your refunds soon as well.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Debbie123
Are we at Disney yet?

Im happy that you got your refund back. I am still waiting with no response whatsoever. I am hoping Tina will take pity on me and send me my refund as I have lost my job (that is why I had to cancel) and really could use that money back!
Debbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
featherface
Mouseketeer

wow, I was planning on renting from her next year.
featherface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Debbie123
Are we at Disney yet?

I would think twice. I heard she is good with the set up and everything but getting any kind of money, example your deposit back, is not good!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
Debbie123
Are we at Disney yet?

Tina has refunded my money as well. She did have some issues and had fallen behind and did apologize. I wish her well.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
vtjohn
Earning My Ears

Hate to have to resurrect this thread, but trying to cancel my reservation for Thanksgiving week due to a job change issue and can't seem to get Tina to respond to emails or a phone call. Are folks currently using her and/or getting deposits back from after using her service?

Obviously there will be a vacancy at the Fort when I get this done for Nov 17-24.
vtjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
logella
Earning My Ears

That's a bummer that folks are having issues with Tina. We've used here 3 times and haven't had any issues (most recently was Oct. 2011). We've had two others use her without issues as well. We were thinking about going back next year and using her but I may have to rethink that.
logella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

It's not enough for a business to handle things well when there are no problems. It doesn't seem like she handles customer issues in a timely manner. When the BBB has to be involved, and a business has to be threatened with actions before they will issue refunds, changes, etc. it's time to say "renter beware".
I would not be doing business with someone that has such poor customer reviews.
Seems like if your vacation goes as planned, she does great. But if you need a refund for vacation changes, there is a problem.
More that likely she is running VERY close with money and spends it as fast as it comes in, so when deposits,etc. need to be refunded there's no money to do so.
A poor way to do business - Need to have happy satisfied customers and handle all calls/contacts in a timely manner.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

I would Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherface View Post
wow, I was planning on renting from her next year.
I would switch there are alot of bad reviews about her. Not only here on other boards we are renting for two weeks at Christmas from a great guy.Good Luck
AmyC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Wendy&Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
It's not enough for a business to handle things well when there are no problems. It doesn't seem like she handles customer issues in a timely manner. When the BBB has to be involved, and a business has to be threatened with actions before they will issue refunds, changes, etc. it's time to say "renter beware".
I would not be doing business with someone that has such poor customer reviews.
Seems like if your vacation goes as planned, she does great. But if you need a refund for vacation changes, there is a problem.
More that likely she is running VERY close with money and spends it as fast as it comes in, so when deposits,etc. need to be refunded there's no money to do so.
A poor way to do business - Need to have happy satisfied customers and handle all calls/contacts in a timely manner.
I'm surprised that there aren't requirements to keep deposits in a separate account?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: