Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

SL in October or DLH in November?

Hello, everyone

Am very excited to have found this forum as I'm planning my first trip to DLP and it's great to find people who have so much knowledge to pass on. I wonder if you could help me with my dilemma?

My DH, DD (aged 4) are currently looking at flying out to DLP on Sun 21st Oct and staying for 4 nights in the Sequoia Lodge. With the discounts on offer this will cost us around £800 for tickets/accommodation. But I see that with the winter 2-nights-free offer we could fly out just 3 weeks later on Sun 11th Nov and stay in the DLH for 4 nights for £1k. It's very tempting!

But I'm more wondering about the timing of the trip. Would that week in October be really busy? I don't think it coincides with any school holidays but having only a pre-schooler myself I don't know if people take their kids out of school when the hols are approaching.

Also, would the weather in October be better than the weather in November? Though, of course, I realise that nobody can predict the future! However handy that might be. I'm also wondering if any of the parades or attractions would be closed/cancelled during November if this is off-season?

Of course, the best answer to my knotty problem would be to go to SL in October then go back again to DLH next Spring whilst the offer is still on!! Though I doubt I'd be able to convince my husband to do that........

Thanks very much indeed for any advice you can give.
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Hello

You wouldn't have any French school holidays that week in October as they start on the 27th and run through to the 8th of November.
The 11th of November is a public holiday here so the parks will be busy but back to normal on the Monday

Regardless of hotel choice I'd rather go in November as you will have all the Christmas themeing up and the Christmas parade, tree lighting and everything they do so well

In October you have Halloween but it was so flat last year and will be even more so this year as there are no special MNSSHP

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Hi MrsSDW,

Welcome to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board .

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I agree completely with Carrie_Cat, go in November, the main park is absolutely beautiful dressed up for Christmas season, which will be in full swing at DLP on your dates in November .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

DLH no contest.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
TheTizardFamily:0)
DIS Veteran

Definitely visit in November.....it's an amazing time to visit!

TheTizardFamily:0) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
Hipster Meg
Mouseketeer

As far as I know you should be ok UK holidays wise with either date but it'd be worth checking as the October date could be in the half term - my sons is a week later but other parts of the country have different dates. The November should be fine though.

We we lucky enough to go twice last year, once in October for Halloween and once in November for Christmas and if I had to choose between the two it'd be Christmas without any doubt. The park was beautiful, the atmosphere was amazing and while we were staying at SL we popped into the DLH once and it was beautifully decorated. Also taking our 4 year old to meet Father Christmas was just magical. If your little one was older then it might be better to go for Halloween but honestly Christmas at Disney is something that your daughter will always remember. Add to that the fact that you'd be staying in the Pink Palace and for me there's not contest between the two. It's a cliche but they really are only young once and I know that if I'd had the chance to take our DS to Disney when he was little and turned it down that I'd regret it.

On the practical side it will be cold - lots of layers and good shoes are a must but one of the big advantages of staying at the DLH is the ease of going back to grab things or to warm up.
Hipster Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice. Is it very, very, very cold in November? Mind you, I live in Scotland so have plenty of cold weather gear!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSDW View Post
Thanks for the advice. Is it very, very, very cold in November? Mind you, I live in Scotland so have plenty of cold weather gear!
generally speaking (I'm another Scot ) no, its not very very cold in mid-November. It could be pretty wet though, just pack what you would normally wear in November at home . There are a couple of good weather forecast sites also to check weather conditions for the area, closer to the time you're going.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

November shouldn't be too cold. Pack layers of clothing so that you can dress accordingly, and pop in a hat just in case - then you should be fine. Anyway if you are in the DLH you can easily pop back to warm up.

Much as I love Sequoia Lodge, I'm another vote for the DLH if you've got the chance.
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
Mummy Minnie
Mouseketeer

Another vote for Dlh as just booked myself in November. Thought was too good a price to miss & only a couple of hundred more than what we paid last oct for SL. And the added bonus of christmas events. If the weather isn't so great, it will be easy to pop back & out again. Can't wait til we go.

Santa Fe Nov 2000
Newport Bay March 2003
Hotel New York Dec 2007
Sequoia Lodge Oct 2011
Disneyland Hotel Nov 2012
Santa Fe Feb 2014 (deal of the century)

WDW October 2015 (hopefully)
Mummy Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

No contest - DLG at Christmas time!!!!!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Another vote here for DLH in November! We are going end November this year for Christmas - our first time and I am super excited - hotel still tbc though!

We have been early Halloween before, but it was before the changes to the Halloween ents and decs - it was amazing but as others have said, it has been scaled right back. Hoping it will return some time as it is something I would think about if it did .

If I had the option to stay at the DLH for around £200 more than the SL, it would be the DLH, no contest. I love that hotel - warning though, stay there once and often you don't want to stay anywhere else again (I know from experience!). And as others say, it is super easy to pop back if it is cold/warm up etc.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone. I want it to be as special as possible for my 4-year old as this will be her first trip out of the UK.

A final (yeah, right!! ) question. Is it likely there will be any parade/attraction closures or cancellations during November?

Thanks again!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

The parade will be on.

There could be attraction closures, but you won't know until closer to the time unfortunately.

I can't imagine it'll be a big number of things closed though. Always leaves stuff for you to do on return trips!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #15
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Torsie - that's very true! I really want to go right now!! Have barely done any work today as I just can't concentrate for thinking about our trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: