Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hi! I'm here to read along!! You're trip looks like it's been filled with pixie dust already, and it's still 3 months away!!

2 friends and I will also be going down Sept 15-21, and staying at Art of Animation!! Exciting, so pumped to check out the resort, the areas I've seen look amazing, I'm just hoping the LM section isn't too far from the busses/main hall haha
Hello, thanks for stopping! You will be in LM the same days as us I looked at the map and I think it's gonna be pretty far . I'm bummed because I like to wake up, get my caffeinated beverage and drink it while I get ready so I can leave my mug in the room. But if I have to get up half an hour early that is just not going to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewMrsB View Post
I'm glad I just came across your PTR! As a born-and-bred Philly girl I feel a kinship.
Hello, thanks for stopping!! I actually live in South Jersey too I was born and raised a Jersey/Philly girl - still proud to be a (south) jersey girl even though we get a bad rep nowadays!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post

Hello, thanks for stopping! You will be in LM the same days as us I looked at the map and I think it's gonna be pretty far . I'm bummed because I like to wake up, get my caffeinated beverage and drink it while I get ready so I can leave my mug in the room. But if I have to get up half an hour early that is just not going to happen!
!
I know right?! I love my coffee, and with the FD, I want to actually use my mug, who knows, I'll be adjusted to getting up super early by the time I'm at AoA, so maybe I'll be the coffee runner. I'm just hoping for building 9 (I think) so we can do the "cut across the parking lot" thing that I do at Pop when we're in the 90's!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Let's talk about everyone's favorite topic - ADRs!

Since our last trip when we had free dining, I've been kind of in love with the dining plan. Especially when it's FREE. This time we also got free dining so we loaded up on the ADRs with a ton of new places. Here are our plans:

9/15 - 7:05 @ Le Cellier. Cannot wait to try this one!
9/16 - 7:05 @ Kona Cafe. We originally had The Wave but I couldn't get excited about the menu. Last year we did Ohana and loved it, but wanted to try something different. We are planning on doing MK EMH this night so wanted a monorail restaurant
9/17 - 6:55 @ Mama Melrose. We tried to get a Fantasmic! dinner package but they only had lunch
9/18 - 6:55 @ Coral Reef - the ambiance looks amazing and I can't wait to try the Lobster Ravioli.
9/19 - No ADRs this day!
9/20 - 9:55am @ Crystal Palace -We did a Tusker House character breakfast last year and can't wait to do another one
9/21 - 8:00 @ T-Rex. We originally had Rainforest but were able to switch it by calling, since we've done Rainforest before
9/22 - 7:00 @ Via Napoli. This place sounds yummy! But we may switch it depending on what DVC resort we are at. If we get BC/BWV then we'll keep it. If we are at SSR, I will try to switch to Turf Club.

I can't wait to take lots of food pictures on these 8 new (to us) restaurants!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Another purchase...

I was very bad today. I purchased something I've been eying up for the last couple weeks...

The Dooney and Bourke mini margot in white! I am obsessed. I needed a park bag that was a little bigger than the small coach crossbody that I used last time. I've heard this one is small so I hope it's big enough for me. I'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #20
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Ooooo - I love that bag! I think it's the perfect size! The trouble with big bags is you are tempted to take way too much stuff and it gets so heavy! Plus everyone wants to give you stuff to carry. And what do you really need? Small bottle of water, small bottle of sunscreen, annual pass, room key, sunglasses (but you probably are wearing these anyway), and camera.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #21
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

hello, what an exciting start to your planning. You have had a lot of pixie dust sprinkled over you and Congrats on your new DVC membership.

There are some videos on Youtube about AoA and also there is a group on Facebook and I believe some posts on here too with pictures of the resort and a map of the resort. The food in their foodcourt looks really yummy.

can't wait to read more about your plans. Your ADR's look great
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Ooooo - I love that bag! I think it's the perfect size! The trouble with big bags is you are tempted to take way too much stuff and it gets so heavy! Plus everyone wants to give you stuff to carry. And what do you really need? Small bottle of water, small bottle of sunscreen, annual pass, room key, sunglasses (but you probably are wearing these anyway), and camera.
Thanks!! I usually carry a big bag but I need a crossbody in the parks or my shoulders/back hurt. I just try not to bring a lot of junk with me!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
hello, what an exciting start to your planning. You have had a lot of pixie dust sprinkled over you and Congrats on your new DVC membership.

There are some videos on Youtube about AoA and also there is a group on Facebook and I believe some posts on here too with pictures of the resort and a map of the resort. The food in their foodcourt looks really yummy.

can't wait to read more about your plans. Your ADR's look great

Welcome! Thanks for following. I've looked at some of the Aoa pics - looks great. I will have to pop over up your PTR and check out your plans!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Day 1 plans!

I am so excited thinking about our first day in the World!

Our flight leaves Philly around 9:00am with Southwest...My sister will probably stay at my apartment the night before, and we’ll leave from at about 7:15. It only takes about 1/2 an hour to get to the airport but I want to leave some leeway just in case. My DH will be able to drop us off so we don’t have to pay for parking!

We have a layover in St. Louis, so a trip that would normally take about 2.5 will take over 5! Our flight lands at 2:10 in Orlando, and we plan to leave our bags for DME, and pack our bathing suits and a change of clothes in our carry on. Hopefully we can be at the hotel by 3:30 or 4:00. From what I heard, Art of Animation is the first stop on the DME! We will check in and possibly lay by the pool, but more likely walk around the resort and check it all out! We will stay there until it is time for our first ADR at...

Le Cellier! Can’t wait for this one, I have heard so many great things. Our ADR is at 7:05, so I’m hoping to get to Epcot by 6:00 and wander around the World Showcase between Canada/UK/France. During dinner, I definitely want to try the Cheddar Cheese soup! I detest mushrooms, but I’ll probably have the filet without them and something chocolate for dessert.

After dinner, if there is time we may try to ride Soarin (if no line) and/or SSE while everyone else is watching Illuminations (since we’ll be back later in the week for it). We'll also probably try to check out the Big Blue Pool at night!

We will hopefully be back fairly early for RD at AK the next morning!

Last edited by cfw213; 06-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Purchases have arrived!

Look what came on Thursday!

I am so so in love! It's the perfect size park bag. I thought it would be too small but I think it's just right, and it's adorable - I've used it several times already and can't wait to bring it to the park.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
cfw213
DIS Veteran

We have alot planned for our first full park day! We plan to get up 7:45 or so and eat in the room, so we can head out around 8:30 to...

Animal Kingdom! This is the first of two mornings here. The plan is to arrive at or close to RD and head to EE, then KS. I probably won't bother with fastpasses since it should be a low crowd day and still early in the morning. Then depending on the times, we'll do can hopefully have time to do either ITTBAB or the Maharajah Jungle Trek before heading for the first FOTLK show at 10:30.

After that, I'd like to do Kali (might check FP times if it has a long line), and do ITTBAB or Maharajah Jungle Trek (whichever we didn't do before) before grabbing lunch. This day we are planning on a QS lunch, either at Flame Tree (have to be in the mood for BBQ) or Pizzafari!

The plan is to try and leave around 12:45 for Typhoon Lagoon!! I am so excited because I don't *think* I've been here before (I know I went to a water park in 2006 but don't remember anything about it). Here's where I need some advice *what's the easiest way to get from AK to TL?*. I think I will grab a bus to a resort and then switch, or get a bus to MK, monorail to TTC and then bus to TL?

Once we get to TL (I'm hoping around 1:30 or so), we'll see what we can do. I've never been so I want to check out most of the slides and I'm hoping that later in the afternoon the crowds will clear out. We plan to stay until about 4:30 then head back to the hotel - shower and change for dinner at...

Kona Cafe! We have a 7:05pm ADR, so we'll try to leave the hotel by 6:00. We had an ADR for the Wave, but I switched it to Kona because the menu looked better. Once we are done with Kona, we want to go to EMH at MK! They are open until 12 but I doubt we'll stay any later than 11. I'd like to do Splash, BTTMR and then jungle cruise, and then hopefully catch Wishes! We'll see how the crowds are - I'm going to try to be more "go with the flow" this trip

Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
mxkris
Mouseketeer

Hiii!! I'm reading!! I'm going the 15th as well!! Can't wait to see what parks you'll be which days so I can see if we'll cross paths! Glad to see you got DVC! I'd love to do that someday! Just not in the cards right now! Maybe when DBF becomes a DH and we have some kiddos or something!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #28
tiink3rbella
me0w~*

hey! we will be there the same days as you at CSR! Maybe I'll see you there

90 dayssss

Disney Trips Counter: 8
tiink3rbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #29
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
Hiii!! I'm reading!! I'm going the 15th as well!! Can't wait to see what parks you'll be which days so I can see if we'll cross paths! Glad to see you got DVC! I'd love to do that someday! Just not in the cards right now! Maybe when DBF becomes a DH and we have some kiddos or something!
Hi, thanks for following! We (me moreso than DH ) are very excited about DVC - I will definitely have lots about it in my TR. What hotel are you staying at?
ETA: I am now reading your PTR and see that you're staying at Carribean Beach! Can't wait to read your plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiink3rbella View Post
hey! we will be there the same days as you at CSR! Maybe I'll see you there

90 dayssss
Hello, thanks for following! I can't believe how close it's getting. But of course it's not close enough yet

Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

HI! I'm here following along. Love the D&B bag!! You have me thinking about DVC now. On our first trip in 2010 I was the one telling DBF not to be so dumb listening to the sales pitch on DVC.

Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
disprincessesmom1012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: