Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1321
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Such beautiful pics - can the next 31 days please accelerate into fast forward speed? Please???

Tom
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #1322
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Such beautiful pics - can the next 31 days please accelerate into fast forward speed? Please???

Tom
It always seems to take too long to arrive and yet finishes way too fast..................................
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #1323
runskimom
Earning My Ears

Pool Bar lunch menu details

Hello all!

Just thought I'd post, that in addition to the wdwmagic posts that most of us have seen by now detailing the new pool baro/Mizner's/construction walls, I found this post on the Disney Food Blog.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...comment-377046

It talks about the lunch Pool Bar menu with a few more details.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #1324
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Tom
Hey...Slow down there Tom...I only have 2 weeks left
Old 09-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #1325
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

I love the Grand so much, I can't wait to see photos of the new children's play area at the pool. Are all the green walls down around the beach pool now that the play area is open? Can you see the lake from the pool now?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #1326
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Hey...Slow down there Tom...I only have 2 weeks left
We can be in different time continuums -- your vacation time, as well as mine, can go super slow motion, but the rest of the time prevacation needs to go in SUPER fast forward!

Tom
Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #1327
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We can be in different time continuums -- your vacation time, as well as mine, can go super slow motion, but the rest of the time prevacation needs to go in SUPER fast forward!

Tom
Sounds like an episode of something playing in the ToT lobby!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #1328
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Cali-D - so good to see you, as always!! I know what you mean about the pool, we will be so disappointed if they make it shallower. I was expecting it after reading they had made the Poly quiet pool shallower during the last refurb over there. Seems to be a trend at resort pools, the Universal pools are more wading pools than swimming, some of them only come up to my waist and I'm short! DD and I joked we were in the "deep circle" rather than the "deep end" at the Hard Rock pool.

We overlooked the courtyard pool from our Boca Chica balcony last month and mused it would be the last time we would see it. We assume they will change everything, even the shape, which I find so lovely. Here are some of our last photos of it:

You just HAD to post those pictures, didn't you?! Haha.

I really wish I would have gotten one last stay in before all the construction began, but I'm very much looking forward to staying in the new villas once they open.

It seems like the logical next step is a room refurb? Anyone hear if any plans are in the works?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #1329
ruthsam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
I love the Grand so much, I can't wait to see photos of the new children's play area at the pool. Are all the green walls down around the beach pool now that the play area is open? Can you see the lake from the pool now?
Hi everyone, I was told yesterday that we wont be able to see the lake or even have beach access while we are there in October; and that the green walls will remain in front of the Mad hatter area and the beach pool.

Maybe someone there now can confirm? I hope that I was misinformed, but I don't think so...
Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #1330
cgulls
Mouseketeer

lots and lots of GF photos

Good morning. This link to easywdw.com showing tons of recent photos of the Grand Floridian. Unfortunately, it looks as though the walls remain up around the Beach Pool.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...012/#more-9321
Old 09-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #1331
runskimom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Good morning. This link to easywdw.com showing tons of recent photos of the Grand Floridian. Unfortunately, it looks as though the walls remain up around the Beach Pool.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...012/#more-9321
Yes, that easywdw post is really, really great for anyone coming to GF this fall who wants a good look at what you're going to find. I have to say that I just love his blog. That Josh is just so witty.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #1332
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I know it was going back and forth whether you can still walk to the Poly or whether it has been blocked off. Does anyone know if the walkway is still open? And if so, it's like a 10 minute walk, correct?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #1333
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Cali-D - Sorry! I know what you mean, DD and I came close to putting off our trip until later this fall, but decided we had to see the resort in its familiar state one last time.

I'm glad for you and others who are patiently waiting for the DVC section to open.

I haven't heard anything, but agree it seems the rooms should be refurbed soon. I've been expecting that announcement, too, with the last room update being in 2007. They seem to do a soft goods refurb every 6 years or so, don't they?

runskimom - thanks for the link! I'm glad everyone is staying on top of the construction news, I haven't been online much yet.

I am nearly sure the path to the Poly is still open, the plan from the beginning was that it would remain open throughout the construction. Since you access it from behind the beach pool, I'm assuming it is still available. If anyone has seen or heard different, please post.

cgulls - again, thanks for the link! Great photos, and more info on the beach pool bar menu. Looks like there is a kids breakfast menu, but no pancakes or waffles.

The water play area is adorable, nice that there is something just for those under 48 inches!

ruthsam - From the recent links and onsite reports, I think you have the correct info, unfortunately. I know everyone keeps hoping at least some of the construction will be complete before their trip!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #1334
tnkrbl289
Believer in Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Cali-D - Sorry! I know what you mean, DD and I came close to putting off our trip until later this fall, but decided we had to see the resort in its familiar state one last time.

I'm glad for you and others who are patiently waiting for the DVC section to open.

I haven't heard anything, but agree it seems the rooms should be refurbed soon. I've been expecting that announcement, too, with the last room update being in 2007. They seem to do a soft goods refurb every 6 years or so, don't they?

runskimom - thanks for the link! I'm glad everyone is staying on top of the construction news, I haven't been online much yet.

I am nearly sure the path to the Poly is still open, the plan from the beginning was that it would remain open throughout the construction. Since you access it from behind the beach pool, I'm assuming it is still available. If anyone has seen or heard different, please post.

cgulls - again, thanks for the link! Great photos, and more info on the beach pool bar menu. Looks like there is a kids breakfast menu, but no pancakes or waffles.

The water play area is adorable, nice that there is something just for those under 48 inches!

ruthsam - From the recent links and onsite reports, I think you have the correct info, unfortunately. I know everyone keeps hoping at least some of the construction will be complete before their trip!

I saw you had mentioned the path and saw this on YouTube yesterday and shows the entire path from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian and the path is still open and current for it shows the construction. It was uploaded within the past week. It runs a bit long but if you advance it you can see the construction toward the ending and the path ending at the Grand. Thought it might be interesting besides it is so pretty to see the landscape and the Grand even when you can't be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIVf...ure=plpp_video
Old 09-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #1335
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

tnkrbl289 - thanks for that link, very helpful. I agree, it's always fun to see video of the Grand, you get the feel of the resort when you are home.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: