Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #1156
mag73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC1969 View Post
Hey guys...

Anyone that has been to Gflo in the last few weeks... how far out is the bounce back booking? We are staying last weekend in Oct and hoping to book our July 2013 stay... Just curious.. Thought I would ask..
Just returned from GF on Wednesday the current bounce back is Free Dining for Deluxe or Deluxe Villas between 8/18-9/26/13.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #1157
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Is the movie normally shown at the Couryard pool? Or was it only due to constuction at the Beach Pool?

To me, the loud noise blaring from the speakers in the middle of a nice resort just didn't fit in. I'm thinking that the beach pool (not in the middle of everything) would be a better location.

BTW, as an aside, we did not find the GF to be stuffy at all. Might appear that way from the outside (and maybe if not a guest), but we did not feel that way as resort guests. And once we knew we could get adult drinks during the day from the CL (we stayed Sugarloaf-nice and close to the pool), we knew we found our fun place.

Last edited by bdklein; 09-07-2012 at 09:04 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #1158
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Is the movie normally shown at the Couryard pool? Or was it only due to constuction at the Beach Pool?

To me, the loud noise blaring from the speakers in the middle of a nice resort just didn't fit in. I'm thinking that the beach pool (not in the middle of everything) would be a better location.

BTW, as an aside, we did not find the GF to be stuffy at all. Might appear that way from the outside (and maybe if not a guest), but we did not feel that way as resort guests. And once we knew we could get adult drinks during the day from the CL (we stayed Sugarloaf-nice and close to the pool), we knew we found our fun place.
The movies are relatively new but were shown near the Beach pool before the construction. Just a guess but I bet they will be moved back. I agree it the beach is a better location.

So agree that the GF isn't stuffy in the least....just lovely.

mag73, thanks for the info on the Bounce Back. Limited dates next year!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #1159
mag73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post

The noise from the movies did not bother us at all , but the noise I mean laud screams from some very inconsiderate obnoxious guests at the courtyard pool between the hours of 12 am and 2 am did.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #1160
Cira
Earning My Ears

Open to gen public?

[QUOTE=BCV23;45032679]Beautiful new FAQ, k&a&c'smom. Thanks for your work.

BCV23: I go to the GF all the time to walk around, sit and relax in the lobby, purchase items at Basin, etc; I have never eaten at any of the restaurant's. Are they open to the General Public too? Or is it only for guests please? Thank you so much in advance.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #1161
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cira View Post
Beautiful new FAQ, k&a&c'smom. Thanks for your work.

BCV23: I go to the GF all the time to walk around, sit and relax in the lobby, purchase items at Basin, etc; I have never eaten at any of the restaurant's. Are they open to the General Public too? Or is it only for guests please? Thank you so much in advance.
All of the restaurants are open to the public, but it STRONGLY helps to have ADRs (advanced dining reservations) from Disney. You can book them through the Disney world website. You could probably walk in to the Grand Floridian Cafe any day for lunch, but for dinner you would probably need ADRs everywhere, or close to it. They're generally good, though!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #1162
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Beautiful new FAQ, k&a&c'smom. Thanks for your work.

I can help my friend BVC23 by answering this one. You don't need to be staying at the GF on anywhere on property to eat at the restaurants.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #1163
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
All of the restaurants are open to the public, but it STRONGLY helps to have ADRs (advanced dining reservations) from Disney. You can book them through the Disney world website. You could probably walk in to the Grand Floridian Cafe any day for lunch, but for dinner you would probably need ADRs everywhere, or close to it. They're generally good, though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
I can help my friend BVC23 by answering this one. You don't need to be staying at the GF on anywhere on property to eat at the restaurants.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #1164
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Just this week, I was reading someone's observations on a recent WDW vacation...the OP said that while visiting the GF, (s)he felt out of place wearing jeans and a tee. We've been staying at the GF, almost exclusively, since 2002...we wear tees and shorts (capris for me), and have never felt out of place. Most of the guests we notice are dressed the same way . I don't know what it is that makes people feel that "stuffy" vibe - we just feel relaxed!

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #1165
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis1966 View Post
Just this week, I was reading someone's observations on a recent WDW vacation...the OP said that while visiting the GF, (s)he felt out of place wearing jeans and a tee. We've been staying at the GF, almost exclusively, since 2002...we wear tees and shorts (capris for me), and have never felt out of place. Most of the guests we notice are dressed the same way . I don't know what it is that makes people feel that "stuffy" vibe - we just feel relaxed!

Totally agree, unless going to dinner at Citricos or Narcoossee's (or V&A of course!). Then I would feel out of place in a tee shirt, even if it is dress-code compliant.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #1166
dipastor
Mouseketeer

Grand Floridian - how to dress?

To anyone wondering about the dress at GF... It's like any other Disney hotel.... relaxed.... We are getting ready to go on our 3rd visit to Disney and GF. Can't wait to get there. Even with construction, my husband and I decided it was the best place for us.

I have three "loud" high energy children (5, 7, 9 yo) and we never felt out of place there. They are so accommodating. It's a beautiful place to stay. We have breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe every morning... there are plenty of families with multiple children.

Enjoy this amazing property. We are hooked.

d.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #1167
jackson2422
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser

Now that Gaspirilla's construction has been delayed until January, it may be that Sandy Cove is also. They are in similar areas of the Main Building, so I suspect their construction may be intertwined. I am sure we will know soon. If they are closed Mouse Mercantile on the second floor will, I would imagine, as another poster suggested carry a lot of the Sandy Cove merchandise.

BVC made a great point about the walk to the TTC. It is a pretty walk (well once you get past the construction) and the path has been opened the whole time. You walk along the Bay Lake and through the Polynesian grounds. I agree, it's about a 20 minute, easy walk.
Sandy Cove is already closed. We arrived on August 29, and it was under construction
Old 09-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1168
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipastor View Post
To anyone wondering about the dress at GF... It's like any other Disney hotel.... relaxed.... We are getting ready to go on our 3rd visit to Disney and GF. Can't wait to get there. Even with construction, my husband and I decided it was the best place for us.

I have three "loud" high energy children (5, 7, 9 yo) and we never felt out of place there. They are so accommodating. It's a beautiful place to stay. We have breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe every morning... there are plenty of families with multiple children.

Enjoy this amazing property. We are hooked.

d.
We felt the same way as you.....it's so magical and just so lovely. And we found it to be so NOT stuffy. Just wonderful!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : Grand Floridian !! YAY!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #1169
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

We need to bump this thread back to page one.

An oldie, but a goodie!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #1170
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
We need to bump this thread back to page one.

An oldie, but a goodie!

Your shots never get old JC!
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: