Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #1051
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I don't know the answers to your questions but just wanted to say Congrats!!! and wish you lots of
Awww thanks so much!!! Still seems far away but time is flying by. We can't wait!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 08-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #1052
red712371
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
Awww thanks so much!!! Still seems far away but time is flying by. We can't wait!!!
Congrats! Looks like you arrive on the same day that we do. We will be celebrating 22 happy years being married this trip. May you be just as happy as we are!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #1053
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Is it really possible that they will wait till January? That would be beyond perfect!
. . . that depends on when your trip is scheduled (April, 2013 for us). Better for some, not so much for others.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #1054
2012DisneyWorldBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
Congrats! Looks like you arrive on the same day that we do. We will be celebrating 22 happy years being married this trip. May you be just as happy as we are!
Oh my gosh! 22 years!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I hope your trip is amazing!

I made a mistake... We actually arrive in 99 days (Dec 7th) and our wedding day is in 100 days. So if you see a wedding going on Saturday December 8th in the morning at the wedding pavilion with a reception at GF.... That's us!!!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 08-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #1055
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runskimom View Post
Just thought I would update you about what I found out. So I perceverated on that forum post I found with the poster saying that the Gasparilla's Grill refurb would not commence until January 2013. I called GF myself. I called GF's direct phone number, not the Disney call center and the people I were talkign to were indeed located at GF. I talked to one CM, who knew very little, who transferred me to another CM who knew more. I asked about the timing of the refurbishments, and asked them what quick service alternatives would be provided in my November stay. She said the Beach Pool Grill would be having quick service options. I asked, what about breakfast? (since the beach pool bar is not open in the morning). She then checked with a manager and came back to me and said quote, end quote, "At this point, we havent firmed up that decision yet." I asked what decision? and she told me "the decision whether or not to refurb Gasparilla's this fall. It has not been finalized yet whether it will be happening or not."

I told her, if she is able to put in my two cents, that I can take either the Courtyard Pool or Gasparilla's being closed, but not both at the same time. She chuckled a little and told me that is what is being factored in the decision and may be a reason why the Gasparilla's refurb is being pushed back.

I guess we won't know until we know, and they are changing these refurb schedules constantly and with little notice. They could change their mind again!

I hope everyone enjoys their stays at the GF! Even with construction, it is just hard for me to stay anywhere else because it is so special.

First, bonus points for using "perseverated" in a sentence.
Second, are you willing to share that phone number that is direct to GF? The one I have (407-824-3000) is to the call center. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #1056
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
. . . that depends on when your trip is scheduled (April, 2013 for us). Better for some, not so much for others.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything by that about other trips, you're absolutely right! The best thing would be to have a construction schedule and follow it to the date and then everyone could plan better. I'm used to posting on a date specific thread and forgot my manners. Just excited to learn all there is about the GF.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #1057
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything by that about other trips, you're absolutely right! The best thing would be to have a construction schedule and follow it to the date and then everyone could plan better. I'm used to posting on a date specific thread and forgot my manners. Just excited to learn all there is about the GF.
At the same time though....At least they will not BOTH be closed together. I for one could give a hoot about Gasparillas, I want the pool, and I am just not going to get it! I'm ok with it, I think we will have fun wandering over to Poly and being at the beach pool, and the new kiddie area!!! Besides, maybe once I am there I WILL give a hoot about Gasparillas. Actually, I am pretty upset about the gift shop and want to make sure I can find a CD of the band and have it autographed for my DH. If only in a perfect world.....Ok, perfect world I would be in a suite in the main building...baby steps.....
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #1058
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I made a mistake... We actually arrive in 99 days (Dec 7th) and our wedding day is in 100 days. So if you see a wedding going on Saturday December 8th in the morning at the wedding pavilion with a reception at GF.... That's us!!!!!
Congrats to you!!! OMG, you must be so excited! I'll bet that will be beautiful! Will the spa at GF be open by then? Didn't I just see they updated it to be Dec 5?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #1059
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
At the same time though....At least they will not BOTH be closed together. I for one could give a hoot about Gasparillas, I want the pool, and I am just not going to get it! I'm ok with it, I think we will have fun wandering over to Poly and being at the beach pool, and the new kiddie area!!! Besides, maybe once I am there I WILL give a hoot about Gasparillas. Actually, I am pretty upset about the gift shop and want to make sure I can find a CD of the band and have it autographed for my DH. If only in a perfect world.....Ok, perfect world I would be in a suite in the main building...baby steps.....
There are 2 pools at GF and the smaller one will be open with the kiddie splash area but not the larger pool in November, is that correct? I think I've read too many posts and it's all jumbled in my brain...

Maybe you can find the CD of the band on ebay and have it with you? And is there more than one gift shop? So many questions, sorry...
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #1060
2012DisneyWorldBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Congrats to you!!! OMG, you must be so excited! I'll bet that will be beautiful! Will the spa at GF be open by then? Didn't I just see they updated it to be Dec 5?
I heard Dec 5th too, but yesterday when I called to update our AP discounts, they transferred me to GF to ask, they said they have not been given an new date of completion. Still saying early 2013.

Thank you for the congrats!!! Sooo excited!!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #1061
red712371
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's the day we arrive - in the morning. I will keep an eye out for you. I hope that it is fabulous for you guys!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #1062
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I heard Dec 5th too, but yesterday when I called to update our AP discounts, they transferred me to GF to ask, they said they have not been given an new date of completion. Still saying early 2013.

Thank you for the congrats!!! Sooo excited!!
It's on the website as Dec 5, so maybe you will get lucky and they will stick to it!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #1063
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if you see a wedding going on Saturday December 8th in the morning at the wedding pavilion with a reception at GF.... That's us!!!!![/COLOR]
I'm so excited for you, how magical!!!!! Have a GREAT day!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #1064
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

I agree with runskimom...one of these refurbs at a time would be easier to take, but for our week in October, we would be dealing with the closures of the courtyard pool, Gasparilla's, Sandy Cove, the salon, and the spa! That really is too much at one time, although to be honest, I don't use the salon. The pool and Gasparilla's together is a killer! If Gasparilla's were to be pushed back until January, at least those of us visiting in the fall will have it a little easier.

This may be our last trip to WDW for a while, and I couldn't bear to stay anywhere else...this would ease the refurb. pain a bit...

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
Old 08-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #1065
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There are 2 pools at GF and the smaller one will be open with the kiddie splash area but not the larger pool in November, is that correct? I think I've read too many posts and it's all jumbled in my brain...

Maybe you can find the CD of the band on ebay and have it with you? And is there more than one gift shop? So many questions, sorry...
Yes, I believe that is what they are saying for now. No large pool, but Beach pool and new Alice kiddie play area will be open. Plus, we can use the facilities at Poly.

I didn't even think to look on ebay. I just checked amazon and they only have mp3 format. Someone gave me the number to merch on here before so I will be sure to call them as well.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: