Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1036
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson2422 View Post
We are flying out at 10 am tomorrow for 6 days at the GF. I am so happy they moved the closure of the courtyard pool and Gasparilla. We really lucked out.

Now to try and get some sleep. 5:30 will come quickly.

Have a great time!! We need patience until Friday which I don't have..
Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #1037
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Well, my eyes are killing me and I'm not sure if my one leg will ever "wake up" again but I just read from the first page to the last tonight. I'm going to WDW for the first time and taking my DD3.5 and my Mom70-something on their first trips also. I've been planning this forever and all along we were staying the whole time at the Poly but since we didn't qualify for FD'ing or any other discount I called yesterday to check to see about a RO discount. None could be had for our Poly stay but I did manage to do a split stay with the Grand and the Poly. So now I'm happy to announce our first trip will include 2 wonderful stays, TPV at both the Poly and the Grand.

My problem is I've been researching the Poly since Feb and I feel like I need a crash course in the Grand!I'm not staying CL but I do have TPV, does that mean that I will def be in Conch Key, and if not, what other building(s) could I possibly be in? I put a request in for Conch Key just b/c I liked the idea of being close to the boat launch but is there anything else I should put in as a request? Sorry for so many questions, I just feel like I need to catch up. Thanks!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #1038
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson2422 View Post
We are flying out at 10 am tomorrow for 6 days at the GF. I am so happy they moved the closure of the courtyard pool and Gasparilla. We really lucked out.

Now to try and get some sleep. 5:30 will come quickly.
You'll wake with bells on....GL with the morning routine and have so much fun!!!!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #1039
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

ireneryan-Sago Cay is another building that has TPV. We stayed in that building several times and loved it. We were facing the marina. That is the building that is closest to the bus stop.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #1040
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

MommyGina Thank you so much!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #1041
red712371
Mouseketeer

I'm sure hoping that the construction will not start until January for the pool and the Grill. Fingers crossed!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #1042
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Is it really possible that they will wait till January? That would be beyond perfect!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #1043
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
I'm sure hoping that the construction will not start until January for the pool and the Grill. Fingers crossed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan View Post
Is it really possible that they will wait till January? That would be beyond perfect!
I almost switched resorts but the pool & Gasperillas being closed during my dates is why I did not.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #1044
red712371
Mouseketeer

I'm still considering switching, but I love the GF so much so I'm trying to stick it out despite construction.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #1045
runskimom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just thought I would update you about what I found out. So I perceverated on that forum post I found with the poster saying that the Gasparilla's Grill refurb would not commence until January 2013. I called GF myself. I called GF's direct phone number, not the Disney call center and the people I were talkign to were indeed located at GF. I talked to one CM, who knew very little, who transferred me to another CM who knew more. I asked about the timing of the refurbishments, and asked them what quick service alternatives would be provided in my November stay. She said the Beach Pool Grill would be having quick service options. I asked, what about breakfast? (since the beach pool bar is not open in the morning). She then checked with a manager and came back to me and said quote, end quote, "At this point, we havent firmed up that decision yet." I asked what decision? and she told me "the decision whether or not to refurb Gasparilla's this fall. It has not been finalized yet whether it will be happening or not."

I told her, if she is able to put in my two cents, that I can take either the Courtyard Pool or Gasparilla's being closed, but not both at the same time. She chuckled a little and told me that is what is being factored in the decision and may be a reason why the Gasparilla's refurb is being pushed back.

I guess we won't know until we know, and they are changing these refurb schedules constantly and with little notice. They could change their mind again!

I hope everyone enjoys their stays at the GF! Even with construction, it is just hard for me to stay anywhere else because it is so special.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #1046
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

I've been following this thread closely. But I had to comment... I can hardly contain myself!!! We are officially 100 days until our wedding/honeymoon trip to Disney and the GF. I didn't know who to share my excitement with (since my fiance is at work lol).

Unfortunatly I called yesterday morning at 7 am to find out AP rates for our trip. No discounted rates for GF TPV rooms... So were paying rack rate for 4 nights, but for the following 3 nights at AKL we got a 30% AP discount. Guess I can't complain with that, the one discount saved us $600!

Oh and does anyone on here know if we get a king bed room (I requested one but I know there is no guarantee) do you think there would be room for a couples massage in the room? I booked one (through Saratoga) but no one can tell me if there's enough room.

I also put a request in for Sago Cay building... Is that the best building for TPV?
Oh my goodness!!! I'm getting soooo excited!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 08-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #1047
Mrsdonaldduck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
So excited!!! We just booked CL Sugar Loaf. This is our second visit to the GF and first on CL. Because Gasparilla's will likely be closed while we are there, I thought CL might give us some more options when we are snacky throughout the day. I'm really hoping that we will see the value in upgrading to CL. When I say "we", I mean DH.

And now a few questions:

When does IPO typically make contact?
What services does IPO offer over the phone?
Is it a one time contact with IPO, or can I call them anytime prior to check-in?
Can anyone recommend a good location to request within SL? We are a family of 4 with a 9 and 6 year old.
I am so excited for you guys!! You will love sugar loaf. We stayed there
The past 3 years; we were there last week. We always stay on
The first floor Marina view. I emailed the IPO with my room request and they called me to let me know the room. We save so much $ doing cl.
We have breakfast there everyday, love afternoon tea, and sometimes
We are so full with the evening appetizers and wine we just grab
A light bite from counter service. My DH loves cl! The staff on cl are just wonderful
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #1048
red712371
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runskimom View Post
Just thought I would update you about what I found out. So I perceverated on that forum post I found with the poster saying that the Gasparilla's Grill refurb would not commence until January 2013. I called GF myself. I called GF's direct phone number, not the Disney call center and the people I were talkign to were indeed located at GF. I talked to one CM, who knew very little, who transferred me to another CM who knew more. I asked about the timing of the refurbishments, and asked them what quick service alternatives would be provided in my November stay. She said the Beach Pool Grill would be having quick service options. I asked, what about breakfast? (since the beach pool bar is not open in the morning). She then checked with a manager and came back to me and said quote, end quote, "At this point, we havent firmed up that decision yet." I asked what decision? and she told me "the decision whether or not to refurb Gasparilla's this fall. It has not been finalized yet whether it will be happening or not."

I told her, if she is able to put in my two cents, that I can take either the Courtyard Pool or Gasparilla's being closed, but not both at the same time. She chuckled a little and told me that is what is being factored in the decision and may be a reason why the Gasparilla's refurb is being pushed back.

I guess we won't know until we know, and they are changing these refurb schedules constantly and with little notice. They could change their mind again!

I hope everyone enjoys their stays at the GF! Even with construction, it is just hard for me to stay anywhere else because it is so special.

I sure hope that info is correct. I'm staying optimistic. I'm at the 100 day mark right now. Either way, I'm going to have a great trip!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #1049
Mrsdonaldduck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm still considering switching, but I love the GF so much so I'm trying to stick it out despite construction.
I know how u feel. We just returned from gf
We almost switched resorts because of the construction
I am so glad we didn't switch. We were not bothered by the
Construction of course the pool and gasparilla were open ( but originally
They were supposed to be closed during our stay) the grand was
So quiet compared to past years I think partly becAuse alot of folks did
Switch resorts. We were the only ones in the beach pool some nights.
We had such a great time!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #1050
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
I've been following this thread closely. But I had to comment... I can hardly contain myself!!! We are officially 100 days until our wedding/honeymoon trip to Disney and the GF. I didn't know who to share my excitement with (since my fiance is at work lol).

Unfortunatly I called yesterday morning at 7 am to find out AP rates for our trip. No discounted rates for GF TPV rooms... So were paying rack rate for 4 nights, but for the following 3 nights at AKL we got a 30% AP discount. Guess I can't complain with that, the one discount saved us $600!

Oh and does anyone on here know if we get a king bed room (I requested one but I know there is no guarantee) do you think there would be room for a couples massage in the room? I booked one (through Saratoga) but no one can tell me if there's enough room.

I also put a request in for Sago Cay building... Is that the best building for TPV?
Oh my goodness!!! I'm getting soooo excited!

I don't know the answers to your questions but just wanted to say Congrats!!! and wish you lots of
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: