Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #1006
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
The Spa is nothing like the one at the WL, which is called a massage and fitness center. It is a full spa, with a long list of spa services. Saratoga Springs and the GF both have the full spas, called Niki Byran Spas. The Spa at the GF closed mid-September last year and is scheduled to be closed for 18 months. There is a chance they are a bit ahead of schedule and will be open in February. If not, guests at the GF and the Polynesian have a free van service to the Spa at Saratoga Springs. We did this last spring and the car came and picked us up and was waiting for us when we were done.

The link to the spa services at Saratoga Springs is below. The GF had the same menu of services.

http://www.relaxedyet.com/ss_treatments.asp
Thanks for the information. I was hoping it was more like Saratoga Springs. I'm going to look it up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
It seems that they are projecting an opening date of the Spa on December 5th. That is way ahead of schedule.

Here's what's on the website:

•The Spa: September 19, 2011 to December 5, 2012 These locations are being refreshed for your future enjoyment. In the meantime, you will have access to alternate options during your stay, so you can anticipate a truly grand vacation experience.[/I]

Hopefully it will be open in February for you, haleofafamily!
This would be perfect. I hope they stay ahead of schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

haleofafamily - Welcome!! Congrats on the GF booking, I think you will love the resort.
Thanks for the welcome. I am so excited to stay at GF and have loved the info on this thread. We stayed at the POLY last year and loved it. I'm nervous about switching but I love trying new resorts so hopefully it will be worth it.
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon)
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #1007
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
You got a 30% discount after paying the entire balance? I'm assuming you, like me, had to pay 45 days in advance, so, how did you get the discount? I'm going in less than 2 months, so any tips would be helpful!

Tia,

Tom
You should call them and ask that the discount be applied to your reservation. If there are rooms available (associated with the discount), they can then give you the discount. From what others have said, they will credit you if you have paid in full. It's definitely worth calling !! (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me...)

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : Grand Floridian !! YAY!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #1008
red712371
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know where we cna get our refillable mugs refilled while the quick service is closed for refurb?

thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #1009
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
You should call them and ask that the discount be applied to your reservation. If there are rooms available (associated with the discount), they can then give you the discount. From what others have said, they will credit you if you have paid in full. It's definitely worth calling !! (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me...)
I have an AP so I only needed a room only discount. I had only booked a room, not a whole package. BUT, if you want to change it and you had paid in full they will give you a credit, but if you are within 45 days they may charge you a fee. Room only you can cancel within 5 days. The room only discounts came out today. AP rates should be out this week. FYI to anyone who needs one...
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #1010
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Here now and having a wonderful time! At check in our online wasn't processed and they had no record of it?? So she said she had a room facing the pool at Boca ready....I said on my request I had put Sago or Conch...so she proceeded to show me room view pictures on her computer and let me decide from what was available...so nice! We picked a water/monorail view in Conch...and when we got out on our balcony and looked right...there she was...the castle!!!! I was soooo excited!! last night we watched the fireworks from our balcony and just now from inside my room I can hear the whistle from the train at MK. We are so grateful and feel very blessed! I will do a more detailed report when I am at home in front of a computer...lots of things I'm impressed with...a few....not so much.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #1011
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets
Hi everyone! Here now and having a wonderful time! At check in our online wasn't processed and they had no record of it?? So she said she had a room facing the pool at Boca ready....I said on my request I had put Sago or Conch...so she proceeded to show me room view pictures on her computer and let me decide from what was available...so nice! We picked a water/monorail view in Conch...and when we got out on our balcony and looked right...there she was...the castle!!!! I was soooo excited!! last night we watched the fireworks from our balcony and just now from inside my room I can hear the whistle from the train at MK. We are so grateful and feel very blessed! I will do a more detailed report when I am at home in front of a computer...lots of things I'm impressed with...a few....not so much.
So glad to hear that you were placed in a room that you like! Enjoy the rest of your trip and I look forward to reading your full report when you return!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #1012
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
AWESOME!! Enjoy!!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #1013
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Oh...and as far as construction...it has had NO impact whatsoever!! I don't get all the hype about it...I mean...we never even see it!? of course with both Gasparillas and the Courtyard pool open...that helps and both me and DH said we couldn't imagine if they were both closed. And of course the fence at the beach pool...but again....we are at the courtyard pool more and my kids could care less! That's what really matters!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #1014
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Blessed- So happy that you got a great room. I love sitting in the area in front of Gasparillas looking at the castle and listening to the whistle. As for the courtyard pool and gasparillas, we spend alot of our time at both, we stay Sago and that is why this Thanksgiving we are going WL CL. So glad that that area of construction has not begun yet and you can enjoy the Grand the way it should be . Can't wait to read about your trip, may the rest of your trip be magical !
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 08-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #1015
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by red712371 View Post
Does anyone know where we cna get our refillable mugs refilled while the quick service is closed for refurb?

thanks
I think the beach pool bar, once it reopens But not positive.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #1016
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runskimom View Post
So I saw on another board site that someone posted that the Gasparilla's refurb will be pushed back "until January (at least)". This is not what it says on the Disney website. Anyone have any info about this??? This poster was the one who first tipped off everyone to the closings in the first place.
"Pushed back" as in the refurb would start in January or would be complete in January?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #1017
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Oh...and as far as construction...it has had NO impact whatsoever!! I don't get all the hype about it...I mean...we never even see it!? of course with both Gasparillas and the Courtyard pool open...that helps and both me and DH said we couldn't imagine if they were both closed. And of course the fence at the beach pool...but again....we are at the courtyard pool more and my kids could care less! That's what really matters!
No impact, for you. But some people were not thrilled with the impact on the beach pool area-the bar, seating, beach, kids games, bonfire, movie, etc. when we were there last week. And fortunately for you, the Gasparillas and Courtyard pool construction has been slightly delayed. If the Gasparillas/Courtyard construction was going on as originally scheduled, I don't think you and your group would have been so thrilled-as you have stated. I think the hype is that people are concerned that the Gasparillas/Courtyard construction will be underwayduring their vacation, as both you and I would be (and I was concerned prior to our trip0.

Glad you are having a great trip.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #1018
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
"Pushed back" as in the refurb would start in January or would be complete in January?
This is just speculation, but I would really think "complete" in January. Everything posted has said that the courtyard pool and Gaspirillas would be done at the same time. I have a really hard time believing that they would make that radical a change, just a week or so before it was scheduled to begin.

Blessed_wth_Triplets, so happy to hear you got such a wonderful room and that the construction isn't bothering you. That's what people (myself included) who have stayed there during the DVC construciton have been saying all along, unless you are staying in a RPC room it just isn't that big a deal, the main building shields the rest of the resort. Now if you want to go to the beach pool or walk to the Poly, you will see and hear it, otherwise not so much!

Hopefully the rain from Isaac has passed and everyone is out and about enjoying the Grand in all her glory today!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #1019
Phelia325
Mouseketeer

I thought the courtyard pool was closing 8/24???? Did that date change? Did I miss something??
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #1020
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelia325 View Post
I thought the courtyard pool was closing 8/24???? Did that date change? Did I miss something??
Yes.. It will be open for our visit!! Pushed back to mid September
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: