Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #976
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Just a bit more info/stuff. The beach pool constructn has had a minimal impact on us. We have spent a lot of time in both pools. Perhaps if we were previous guests here we might have noticed an impact. I do feel that the :DVC building is too close to the pool and takes away from the ambiance. Need to see once its done in terms of its outside decor and any extra foliage/vegetation to see the final impact. They are also building a fire pit somehwere near the DVC/beach pool. I can also say that since we are staying concierge we have been getting most of our adult and kids beverages from there. So beach pool food and bar impact has been minimal. I can also say that with one of pools closed or Gasparila it would definitely impact the trip and I might not stay here. For Gasparilas they are expanding it and adding more inside seating. The video arcade will be moved into the new expanded area.

Great trip. Leaving Saturday-week long visit. Any thing else, ask away.
Glad you are having a nice trip. It appears, based on comments that Gaspirillas being closed is going to be a bigger challenge for most than the courtyard pool. Unless you stay CL Gaspirillas is important. Maybe not for dinner, but for grab and go breakfast, snacks, quick lunch. It will be interesting to see how well the pool bar and Mitzner's Lounge serve guests needs. We'll know soon enough.

k&a&c'smom Hope you are having fun!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #977
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post

pas130, did you have a fun anniversary trip? Can't wait to read about it.
We did...I have a TR, which eventually I'll finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Given that and seeing the pics of the WL that Pas posted on Kook's thread....I'm thinking of jumping.
I just can't fathom being there and it not being it's spectacular self.

What to do, What to do....
Your heart..and DHs in at the Grand....plus you'll be inside...it is December!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, GF lovers!! We're here at the YC, lovely as always. We haven't made it to SAB yet, it was raining when we got here yesterday and cool, hoping to swim today. Maybe head over to Epcot when DD gets back from her run.
So glad you arrived safely!!!!! Hope you'll get the swim in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
It looks like the Splash area has a theme!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...tion/16192.htm
That is AWESOME!!!!!

junglecruiser

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #978
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

The new splash area looks amazing!! Is that going to be for all the resort guests or will this just be for DVC ?? I hope it's for everyone... my DD is going to LOVE this!! (what I mean is "everyone staying at the GF as resort guests" )

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #979
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I agree the splash area looks awesome!

Unfortunately this visit (we leave in one more week!! ) it wont be ready.. so next time...

Thanks everyone for all the great information and to all those at Disney now... HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #980
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, we are having a great time at the YC. We are on the club level, and the CMs have been amazing. So sweet and always ready to help. Love it here.

We have been able to swim the last two days - luckily, we made it down this afternoon before the rain hit around 5:00 p.m. The lounge here was jammed with people!

Tomorrow we move to the Grand, can't wait to see how she's doing, though we'll be sad to leave our new friends here at the YC.

sydneysmom - I can't imagine the splash area would be DVC-only. It's very close to the main building.

bdklein - glad you are having a great trip.

Mrsdonaldduck - A CM here told us the GF has 200 rooms closed to inventory right now, not sure if that's true but it may be why it feels so uncrowded. Good news for us!

Jungle Cruiser - We are having a blast! The Y&BC have become our second favorite resort(s), absolutely love it here. I'll be sure to take some photos and post them when we get to the Grand. Tea tomorrow afternoon.

pas130 - Good to see you!

Hope I didn't forget anyone. We are hoping for little rain over the next few days. Everyone here is talking about Isaac, I sort of doubt it hits Orlando but the bands of rain may be unpleasant for a day or so. Good thing we are at Disney, best place to ride out the possible storm.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #981
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, we are having a great time at the YC. We are on the club level, and the CMs have been amazing. So sweet and always ready to help. Love it here.

We have been able to swim the last two days - luckily, we made it down this afternoon before the rain hit around 5:00 p.m. The lounge here was jammed with people!

Tomorrow we move to the Grand, can't wait to see how she's doing, though we'll be sad to leave our new friends here at the YC.
I just noticed you posting from WDW! We're at WL/CL right now until the 30th. PM me and maybe we can meet!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #982
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before...is there a hot tub at either gf or poly that will be in use early October?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #983
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before...is there a hot tub at either gf or poly that will be in use early October?
I can't speak for the Poly, I would check their thread, but the expectation is the hot tub at the GF will be closed when they start the courtyard pool construction in a couple of weeks.

k&a&c'smom, glad to hear you are enjoying YC CL, but so happy to know you are moving to the GF tomorrow. Tea at the GF I will be there in spirit!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #984
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
The new splash area looks amazing!! Is that going to be for all the resort guests or will this just be for DVC ?? I hope it's for everyone... my DD is going to LOVE this!! (what I mean is "everyone staying at the GF as resort guests" )
Based on its location, plus what I was told by a CM (some sort of manager who was wearing a suit and seemed official and knowledgable), it wil be open to all GF guests (as well as the fire pit they are building).
Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #985
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Based on its location, plus what I was told by a CM (some sort of manager who was wearing a suit and seemed official and knowledgable), it wil be open to all GF guests (as well as the fire pit they are building).
That is great news, and to be honest makes sense. The DVC guests will be using the ammenities at the GF, like Gaspirillas, Sandy Cove etc., so it would be really a hard sell to keep GF guests out of the splash and play area or the fire pit!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #986
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Admittedly it has been several years since we stayed at Poly (we have been pretty loyal GF guests for the last 4 or so years) but back then they did not have a hot tub.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #987
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

No hot tub as of yet.. due to go in with the next renovations next year at the splash area near the volcano pool

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #988
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, everyone! We are at the Grand, moved yesterday. We are in Boca Chica, lovely view of the pool. We had a nice tea and spent time in the pool, had sushi at Kona and watched the EWP and Wishes last night.

I have some photos of the splash zone and work area, I'll try to get them uploaded and posted today.

Jungle Cruiser - I thought of all of you during our tea, it was a relaxing afternoon. Oh, new china in the tea room, though it may have been there on your last visit - they say they couldn't get the Royal Doulton any longer and had to go with a company that made them especially for Disney. I may have gotten a photo, can't remember, I'll post if I did.

We were told the tea room is slated for a big renovation, probably some time next year.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #989
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info on the hot tub...I was hoping there would be one I could use with dd5 while we are there in October.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #990
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello, everyone! We are at the Grand, moved yesterday. We are in Boca Chica, lovely view of the pool. We had a nice tea and spent time in the pool, had sushi at Kona and watched the EWP and Wishes last night.

I have some photos of the splash zone and work area, I'll try to get them uploaded and posted today.

Jungle Cruiser - I thought of all of you during our tea, it was a relaxing afternoon. Oh, new china in the tea room, though it may have been there on your last visit - they say they couldn't get the Royal Doulton any longer and had to go with a company that made them especially for Disney. I may have gotten a photo, can't remember, I'll post if I did.

We were told the tea room is slated for a big renovation, probably some time next year.
Sounds like you had a wonderful day, enjoying the GF and the Polynesian. AND, tonight is a Christian Frederik night on the piano. Hopefully you will get to hear him play

Enjoy today with your DD, when is is V&A dinner?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: