Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #901
Mrsdonaldduck
Earning My Ears

We are heading to the GF tomorrow and I just had to say
Thank you to all of you! You have been so helpful and
I am glad I found this board!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #902
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdonaldduck View Post
Have a great time!! And please keep us posted!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #903
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Thanks so much for the link to the acronyms - Much appreciated. Yes, it is our first time at GF (I'm learning!). Previously we have stayed at CSR, FW, Poly, YC, Dolphin, and POR. Can't wait, even with the construction, to be in the elegant GF!
Glad to help. Any questions, ask away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdonaldduck View Post
One more sleep, woohoo!! Safe travels and have a Grand vacation.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #904
KB24
From DisneyLAND. Travels a lot.

guys how believable are the refurb dates quoted on the disney site?

if the pool is going to be closed we want to switch.

not that we would use the pool in december, but frosted windows/construction is not okay when youre paying what the gf charges for a room
Old 08-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #905
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24 View Post
guys how believable are the refurb dates quoted on the disney site?

if the pool is going to be closed we want to switch.

not that we would use the pool in december, but frosted windows/construction is not okay when youre paying what the gf charges for a room
Welcome! December is a wonderful time to be at the Grand!

I don't think anyone knows how close they'll be to their projected opening dates for any of the construction. It's the plan, but it will be affected by weather, availability of materials, etc. just like when you have work done on a home project.

You have two options - switch now, or wait until closer to your trip and see how far the construction has progressed.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #906
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom- you have wished us all a good trip and now I am wishing you a good trips as well! I am so excited for you and for all who are traveling to the GF soon. Safe travels and I can't wait to hear how the construction is progressing.

Have a wonderful time!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #907
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks! We are getting close, I would probably be more excited but Sunday/Monday DD and I have to drive to St. Louis to pick up DS's car - he and his fiance are moving to our town next week. With that little chore before our trip, it's hard to concentrate on vacation. Not to mention my excitement over having another chick back in the nest (or nearly so).

I'll have to set aside my normal last minute packing habit and try to get some things done over the weekend. CoachBagFanatic, are you reading this?!
Have a great time!!! So much excitement! That is awesome...
Enjoy your weekend
Old 08-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #908
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
k&a&c'smom- you have wished us all a good trip and now I am wishing you a good trips as well! I am so excited for you and for all who are traveling to the GF soon. Safe travels and I can't wait to hear how the construction is progressing.

Have a wonderful time!
I second this-- have a magical time!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 08-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #909
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post

Have a wonderful time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I second this-- have a magical time!
Aww, thanks! Very sweet of you both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Have a great time!!! So much excitement! That is awesome...
Enjoy your weekend
It is an exciting weekend - which is why I'm having a hard time concentrating on just the trip. Lucky, I guess, I don't have to count down to our flight. Today we had to run up to KC to buy some flooring for a room renovation, while I'm trying to get laundry done and sorted for packing. I'm glad I have Early Bird Check In for our flights, one less thing to remember.

Thanks for the well wishes, it is much appreciated.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #910
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It is an exciting weekend - which is why I'm having a hard time concentrating on just the trip. Lucky, I guess, I don't have to count down to our flight. Today we had to run up to KC to buy some flooring for a room renovation, while I'm trying to get laundry done and sorted for packing. I'm glad I have Early Bird Check In for our flights, one less thing to remember.

Oh wow... You are superwoman!!!

A lot to do in such a short time!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #911
Mrsdonaldduck
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Ooooooo have a wonderful trip and safe travels!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #912
samlab25
Earning My Ears

Deluxe King Main Building Questions

Hi everyone!

We've stayed at the Grand Floridian a few times before, but never in the main building. We typically stay Beach Club concierge lagoon view as we love the pool and access to both Epcot and Hollywood studios via walking.

We are looking at a Deluxe King Main Bldg Club Level for our visit 11/29-12/4. We have an 11 year old son and two adults. We would obviously need a room with the daybed for him, and I really like a balcony. I understand the two possible views are the spa and theme park. Obviously knowing there is construction going on, I would prefer a Theme Park view (who wouldn't). My question is twofold: how bad will construction be if we're overlooking the spa/new Grand Floridian and will GF make sure we are in a room with a daybed since there are three guests? Not sure if the room is really big enough for a rollaway and we like being comfortable. Also, do the king deluxe's with balconies have a daybed or are they configured without a daybed if they have a balcony? Lastly, has GF replaced the bedding with duvets yet, or are there will bedspreads? One of the pluses to the Beach Club concierge are the duvets and no more scratchy bedspreads and blankets?

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanted know know what I was getting into before I book. I am rarely lucky with rooms, so I'd most likely end up with king, no daybed, no balcony overlooking construction and I'd really like to avoid a few of those possibilities. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #913
AudreyLovesTheMouse
Magic Kingdom Mad

Just booked my first GF stay!!! Sooo Happy!!!!!!

I just booked my first GF stay for next August! I was talking to "the mouse" regarding our annual WL trip this week, and found out that I could book the trip and modify if I get the Bounce back offer that's usually in my room. So, it's booked and my daughter (a teen) and I are over the moon! We decided to resist the park hopper, because we figured that would assure that we plan more time to enjoy the hotel. So, I'd like to know the special things that go on at the GF throughout the day. I'm sure you GF veterans know all the cool stuff!
Please keep in mind that we're not CL ($$$), but we'd rather be standard for the full 7 nights than shorten our stay.
Thanks in advance!
Did I mention I'm sooo happy?!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #914
tnkrbl289
Believer in Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyLovesTheMouse View Post
I just booked my first GF stay for next August! I was talking to "the mouse" regarding our annual WL trip this week, and found out that I could book the trip and modify if I get the Bounce back offer that's usually in my room. So, it's booked and my daughter (a teen) and I are over the moon! We decided to resist the park hopper, because we figured that would assure that we plan more time to enjoy the hotel. So, I'd like to know the special things that go on at the GF throughout the day. I'm sure you GF veterans know all the cool stuff!
Please keep in mind that we're not CL ($$$), but we'd rather be standard for the full 7 nights than shorten our stay.
Thanks in advance!
You are absolutely going to love it! My daughter and I are planning on going next year in August with her two sons and myself. Son-in-law is not a real Disney person like we are. We just love the Grand!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #915
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyLovesTheMouse View Post
Thanks in advance!
Awesome! I am waiting for my first visit to GF and then hopefully I can answer your post better But I am sure some GF veterans here will be able to answer! Regardless.. .WELCOME!!

We are going for the first time in 11 days!! So excited
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: