Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #886
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
And you still might not know-it may not be open or only for DVC??
I guess we all just need patience, unfortunately don't have any... 15 more days!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #887
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I guess we all just need patience, unfortunately don't have any... 15 more days!!!
Nice!!! SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #888
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

pas130 - Is KOOK heading down next week? I didn't realize.

Mrsdonaldduck - you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Thank you! I guess I should start saving now! LOL!
YES!

Quote:
I asked the GF CL IPO earlier this week if there was a kids splash area being built, and if it was for DVC only. The response was "We have not heard about a kids area being built".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag73 View Post
I think there is a lot of confusion going among the CMs, I have called few times and got some contradicting answers. I guess the only to really find out is to be there. For us its 13 more days.
Quote:
And you still might not know-it may not be open or only for DVC??
There is definitely a splash zone being built, you can see photos of it at this link: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...=870&Itemid=65 The last word anyone has heard for opening is August 31.

I do not think it is planned for DVC only - it is located on the beach near the main building, between the beach pool and the Summerhouse. If it was meant for DVC only, I think they would have placed it near the VGF building.

Quote:
So true! Tough to be patient when your trip is getting close.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #889
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
pas130 - Is KOOK heading down next week? I didn't realize.
She is checking in to BLT tomorrow, and WL...the 21st (I think)

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #890
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom, when do you get to our beloved GF? Are you going to the YC first? So excited for you and your DD!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #891
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
She is checking in to BLT tomorrow, and WL...the 21st (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
k&a&c'smom, when do you get to our beloved GF? Are you going to the YC first? So excited for you and your DD!
Thanks! We are at the YC first, then I will be at the Grand starting the 25th, yay. Can't wait! Even with the construction, I've been longing to visit our favorite resort.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #892
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!!

We'll be staying at GF SL from Dec 8-15. So excited as this is our 1st trip! I made my own ADR's 180 days out but I'm interested in a BOG ADR that start on Monday. I called the IP so they could help me out with this. The control freak in me is a tiny bit worried Have y'all had success with using them? With two little ones (3yr & 10mos) its going to be a little difficult to be on the phone at 6am (Tx. time)!

Looking forward to staying at GF!
TIA!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #893
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm brand new to the board -- yesterday -- I'm a many time visitor to Disney World and am thrilled to be returning October 21-30. I'll be staying at the Buena Vista Palace and Spa for a conference for the first 4 nights and moving over to the Grand Floridian for the next 5 nights. My 14 year old niece will be staying with me at the GF.

So, newbi question -- is there a place where I can see what all the acronyms are? I can figure out some -- but, not the majority.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #894
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonmama View Post
Hi everyone!!

We'll be staying at GF SL from Dec 8-15. So excited as this is our 1st trip! I made my own ADR's 180 days out but I'm interested in a BOG ADR that start on Monday. I called the IP so they could help me out with this. The control freak in me is a tiny bit worried Have y'all had success with using them? With two little ones (3yr & 10mos) its going to be a little difficult to be on the phone at 6am (Tx. time)!

Looking forward to staying at GF!
TIA!
How wonderful you have booked your first trip to the World, and at the Grand, very exciting!

We have had very good success with IPO, but we almost never need a hard-to-get booking. Hopefully, those on the thread who have had to nab a special reservation can post their experiences. I understand your worry, but the Itinerary Planners are usually very good about it. You may want to email or call them the day before the window opens, just to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Hi, I'm brand new to the board -- yesterday -- I'm a many time visitor to Disney World and am thrilled to be returning October 21-30. I'll be staying at the Buena Vista Palace and Spa for a conference for the first 4 nights and moving over to the Grand Floridian for the next 5 nights. My 14 year old niece will be staying with me at the GF.

So, newbi question -- is there a place where I can see what all the acronyms are? I can figure out some -- but, not the majority.

Thanks,

Tom
Glad you've joined us! You are an old hand at WDW, have you stayed at the GF before? If not, I think you and your niece will fall in love with the resort.

There is a thread on the first page with the acronyms, I'll see if I can find the link for you. If there are specific ones you are reading here, we don't mind explaining them. For instance - RPC stands for Royal Palm Club (main building club level at the Grand); IPO stands for Itinerary Planning Office; ETA means edited to add; TIA stands for Thanks in Advance; BLT is Bay Lake Tower; WL is Wilderness Lodge.

I'll go look for the link, brb (be right back!).
Old 08-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #895
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

KonaKaiTom - here is the link for the common abbreviations thread, it is in the Welcome board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

HTH!(hope that helps)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #896
houstonmama
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=k&a&c'smom;45852354] How wonderful you have booked your first trip to the World, and at the Grand, very exciting!

We have had very good success with IPO, but we almost never need a hard-to-get booking. Hopefully, those on the thread who have had to nab a special reservation can post their experiences. I understand your worry, but the Itinerary Planners are usually very good about it. You may want to email or call them the day before the window opens, just to be sure.

Thanks! I just realized maybe I should have posted on the club level thread? Rookie move

Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #897
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Thanks! We are at the YC first, then I will be at the Grand starting the 25th, yay. Can't wait! Even with the construction, I've been longing to visit our favorite resort.
Awesome! So close ! Have a great time and lots of pixie dust!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #898
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonmama View Post

Thanks! I just realized maybe I should have posted on the club level thread? Rookie move
Naww, you're more than welcome to post any GF-related questions here! (or general WDW questions) You might get more answers regarding IPO on the CL thread, but posting in both places is a good idea. Might not have anyone who has used the GF IPO recently over there, and someone here happens to see the question...

I have had a few occasions where IPO at various resorts has been a little lax, but for the most part they are great. I hope someone who has recently used GF IPO (which is shared with the CR, btw) can give some input regarding those 180 day reservations. We tend to be last minute reservations kind of guests.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #899
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome! So close ! Have a great time and lots of pixie dust!
Thanks! We are getting close, I would probably be more excited but Sunday/Monday DD and I have to drive to St. Louis to pick up DS's car - he and his fiance are moving to our town next week. With that little chore before our trip, it's hard to concentrate on vacation. Not to mention my excitement over having another chick back in the nest (or nearly so).

I'll have to set aside my normal last minute packing habit and try to get some things done over the weekend. CoachBagFanatic, are you reading this?!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #900
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the link to the acronyms - Much appreciated. Yes, it is our first time at GF (I'm learning!). Previously we have stayed at CSR, FW, Poly, YC, Dolphin, and POR. Can't wait, even with the construction, to be in the elegant GF!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: