Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #871
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Thanks. Any impact from the construction? And how was the monorail working? There have been complaints about the monorail downtime.
I agree with the monorail going slowly....we stuck with boats and had much better luck

The monorail went down as I was leaving MK to visit a friend at the Poly, but they redirected people to buses and used the larger boats to do the MK-Poly_GF loop. There were some unhappy customers, but honestly, I have no complaints....
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #872
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,092

pas, thank you so much for the GF construction photos! Funny how curious we are about something we don't want k&a&c'smom is off to the GF soon and it will be interesting to see how much gets done in a couple weeks time.

Ahh, the monorail. With Disney putting more (expensive) rooms on the monorail line they are going to have to come to grips and fix it! I suspect they are already addressing the problem, and hopefully soon we will hear about new monorail cars on the line. Otherwise they better double the number of boats soon!
__________________
TY KOOK! TY Lulu'smom!
Jungle Cruiser is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #873
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

16 more days!!!
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #874
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
pas, thank you so much for the GF construction photos! Funny how curious we are about something we don't want k&a&c'smom is off to the GF soon and it will be interesting to see how much gets done in a couple weeks time.

Ahh, the monorail. With Disney putting more (expensive) rooms on the monorail line they are going to have to come to grips and fix it! I suspect they are already addressing the problem, and hopefully soon we will hear about new monorail cars on the line. Otherwise they better double the number of boats soon!
So very true DH said he's done with the monorail....luckily our kiddos love the boats too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
16 more days!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #875
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

corndog - Welcome!! Hope you had a great time at the GF, Conch Key is my favorite non-CL building.

Jungle Cruiser - so right, with all the new rooms added between BLT, VGF and the possible Poly DVC, there will be more usage of the resort monorail. I hope they ARE planning to make it more reliable. When the cancellation of monorail service for EMH was announced, they claimed it was partly due to maintenance - I hope they are gearing up for more cars. The problem with more boats is the traffic on the Lagoon, it already seems we often have to wait for other boats to clear before we can cross the water.

One more week before we are at the YC.

pas130 - we love the boats, too. Such a nice way to unwind.

Butterflygirl - just 16 more days!
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #876
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student
 
scanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!
Posts: 6,570

Queen Deluxe Room

Hi. I was wondering if the "Queen Deluxe Room" is a bookable category for the RPC at the GF.

Thank you.
__________________
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!


scanne is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #877
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Hi. I was wondering if the "Queen Deluxe Room" is a bookable category for the RPC at the GF.

Thank you.
Hi! Yes, it is - but it is listed as "main building - deluxe room - club level". The king deluxe rooms are separated out, I guess they feel designating non-king as "queen" is redundant, but it is a bit confusing.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #878
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

Color me so surprised!! I was playing around on the WDW resort booking engine, and found this on the GF page (listed on the page where they give you an offer for your dates):


Please note, the following amenities at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for refurbishments:

• Sandy Cove Merchandise: August 21 to November 20, 2012
• Courtyard Pool: August 28 to November 30, 2012
• Gasparilla Grill & Games: August 24 to December 17, 2012
• Mouseketeer Club: August 8 to late 2012
• The Spa: April 19, 2011 to early 2013

These locations are being refreshed for your future enjoyment. In the meantime, you will have access to alternate options during your stay, so you can anticipate a truly grand vacation experience. Refurbishment dates are subject to change.


ETA: this list was on the Overview page of the Grand section of the website as well (mostly the same with the beach pool bar added).


Refurbishments*
In an ongoing effort to improve the quality of our offerings, the following amenities at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for refurbishments:

Beach Pool Bar: April 2 to August 24, 2012
Sandy Cove Merchandise: August 21 to November 20, 2012
Courtyard Pool: August 28 to November 30, 2012
Gasparilla Grill & Games: August 24 to December 17, 2012
Mouseketeer Club: August 8 to late 2012
The Spa: April 19, 2011 to early 2013
These locations are being refreshed for your future enjoyment. In the meantime, you will have access to alternate options during your stay, so you can anticipate a truly grand vacation experience.

* Please note, refurbishment dates are subject to change.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #879
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
One more week before we are at the YC.
Are you going to visit Kookster over at WL????
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #880
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

Hello Everyone... Any news regarding Splash pad?
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #881
Mrsdonaldduck
Earning My Ears
 
Mrsdonaldduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Color me so surprised!! I was playing around on the WDW resort booking engine, and found this on the GF page (listed on the page where they give you an offer for your dates):


Please note, the following amenities at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for refurbishments:

• Sandy Cove Merchandise: August 21 to November 20, 2012
• Courtyard Pool: August 28 to November 30, 2012
• Gasparilla Grill & Games: August 24 to December 17, 2012
• Mouseketeer Club: August 8 to late 2012
• The Spa: April 19, 2011 to early 2013

These locations are being refreshed for your future enjoyment. In the meantime, you will have access to alternate options during your stay, so you can anticipate a truly grand vacation experience. Refurbishment dates are subject to change.


ETA: this list was on the Overview page of the Grand section of the website as well (mostly the same with the beach pool bar added).


Refurbishments*
In an ongoing effort to improve the quality of our offerings, the following amenities at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for refurbishments:

Beach Pool Bar: April 2 to August 24, 2012
Sandy Cove Merchandise: August 21 to November 20, 2012
Courtyard Pool: August 28 to November 30, 2012
Gasparilla Grill & Games: August 24 to December 17, 2012
Mouseketeer Club: August 8 to late 2012
The Spa: April 19, 2011 to early 2013
These locations are being refreshed for your future enjoyment. In the meantime, you will have access to alternate options during your stay, so you can anticipate a truly grand vacation experience.

* Please note, refurbishment dates are subject to change.
This is such great information thank you
K&a&c'mom!!!!!!!!!
Mrsdonaldduck is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #882
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student
 
scanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!
Posts: 6,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hi! Yes, it is - but it is listed as "main building - deluxe room - club level". The king deluxe rooms are separated out, I guess they feel designating non-king as "queen" is redundant, but it is a bit confusing.
Thank you! I guess I should start saving now! LOL!
__________________
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!


scanne is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #883
bdklein
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a House
Posts: 1,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Hello Everyone... Any news regarding Splash pad?
I asked the GF CL IPO earlier this week if there was a kids splash area being built, and if it was for DVC only. The response was "We have not heard about a kids area being built".
bdklein is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #884
mag73
Mouseketeer
 
mag73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
I asked the GF CL IPO earlier this week if there was a kids splash area being built, and if it was for DVC only. The response was "We have not heard about a kids area being built".
I think there is a lot of confusion going among the CMs, I have called few times and got some contradicting answers. I guess the only to really find out is to be there. For us its 13 more days.
__________________
mag73 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #885
bdklein
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In a House
Posts: 1,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag73 View Post
I think there is a lot of confusion going among the CMs, I have called few times and got some contradicting answers. I guess the only to really find out is to be there. For us its 13 more days.
And you still might not know-it may not be open or only for DVC??
bdklein is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: