Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #751
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone. I have already started planning my 2013 GF vacation. DH decided that he likes RPC better than SL, so we will stay in RPC next year. The room rates for the time we are going are "value" season.

Here is my question. The dining plan indicates that the time we are going in July of next year is "peak" season. How can Disney have two "seasons" at one time? Room rates and dining rates to not match for the season. I am seriously reconsidering our trip. We are supposed to go July 16-23 of 2103.

Anyone have an answer?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #752
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

MommyGina - How annoying. I don't have an answer, but have noticed the "peak dining" costs for certain venues over the last couple years, and it is frustrating.

So you are saying the dining plan will cost more during value resort season?! Weird. On the other hand - I think July is only value season for the deluxe resorts, right? The mods and values are regular until August...I think. Gotta go look that up! ETA: yes, the values have "summer season" through August 3; the mods and deluxe switch to value on July 14.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #753
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
pas130, Have a great time and post lots of pics!!!

Sending you Pixie Dust for your trip...
I will text sarah some pics...we are having BF at 1900 PF Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks - she had her second interview and is waiting for the results.
Did I miss an update, or is poor DD still waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
I am sure we will get an update from pas when she is at WDW next week! She is staying at the WL, another wonderful hotel, but I know she will be visiting her beloved GF!
You sure will!!!!

Quote:
Hello, my friend! Thanks for DD, I think she may not have gotten the job. I'll update when we find out for sure. Poor kid, it's tough out there.

Can't wait to hear from pas about the GF AND how she likes WL.
Sorry no news yet...you never know!!!!!! I'll grab some pixie dust from GF when I visit
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #754
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, pas. While DD was in the second interview, they asked her if she would consider a part time job. We are hoping they may offer her something like that, but she hasn't heard anything. Got a form letter by email over the weekend that said the full time position has been filled - kind of mean to do it that way, but I guess it's pretty common these days.

We'll happily take the pixie dust, though; she may still get a call about the PT work. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, it is much appreciated.

On to GF planning! 1900 Park Fare this Saturday, woohoo!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #755
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, pas. While DD was in the second interview, they asked her if she would consider a part time job. We are hoping they may offer her something like that, but she hasn't heard anything. Got a form letter by email over the weekend that said the full time position has been filled - kind of mean to do it that way, but I guess it's pretty common these days.

We'll happily take the pixie dust, though; she may still get a call about the PT work. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, it is much appreciated.

On to GF planning! 1900 Park Fare this Saturday, woohoo!!
An email, so impersonal....sounds like they may have something in mind for her maybe

DH is SO excited I booked him 3 breakfast buffets....when I told him about GF, he was like...did you change the reservation Mommy "in a voice just like the girls would say"

I told him it's the best buffet ever I did consider booking the last night at RPC though...must resist....
Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #756
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

The peak price now for deluxe dining is July and that is when the value rates are out for rooms. Talk about frustrating!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #757
tanjiers
Earning My Ears

Grand Floridian Pics

I have been dying to see some pics of the up to date construction of the Grand Floridian grounds Does anyone have any to post??? Is there any info pertaining to when Disney will start selling the units???
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #758
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
The peak price now for deluxe dining is July and that is when the value rates are out for rooms. Talk about frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanjiers View Post
I have been dying to see some pics of the up to date construction of the Grand Floridian grounds Does anyone have any to post??? Is there any info pertaining to when Disney will start selling the units???
Welcome! I've posted a link in the last page or so to photos on the WDW magic site, here it is again.

I have no info on when they will begin to sell GFV units. Perhaps you can find this on the DVC forums.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #759
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
An email, so impersonal....sounds like they may have something in mind for her maybe

DH is SO excited I booked him 3 breakfast buffets....when I told him about GF, he was like...did you change the reservation Mommy "in a voice just like the girls would say"

I told him it's the best buffet ever I did consider booking the last night at RPC though...must resist....
How cute your DH is so excited about the buffets. We are not huge buffet people, we never get our money's worth, but the 1900 PF and CP buffets are very nice.

LOL about the last night RPC. Good luck with resisting.

Thanks about DD.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #760
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

pas, Saturday at 1900 Park Fare on Saturday, yay! I will look forward to getting your pictures and posting them on the thread. Sooo, excited you will be at our beloved GF this week!

MommyGina, sorry to hear about the rates for next July. I didn't know the deluxe resorts went to value season mid-July, I thought it was mid-August. I think when we think of value season we think back years ago. It used to be a simple chart based on dates, now it depends on type of resort, dining options, various activities (like marathon weekend) and so on. Hopefully you can make it all work.

k&a&c'smom sorry about the email your DD got about the job. Hopefully the PT option will come through. Fingers crossed. It is really tough for kids these days coming out of school, very few jobs. Hopefully she will get good news soon
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #761
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

k&a&c'smom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post

BVC free wifi in the MK, sounds great!

I had fun yesterday morning checking out wait times at the MK on "My Disney Experience." We used to love MK on Sundays until about noon. Not busy at all. That changed when it became EMH. I decided to see if things had improved. Not!!! No Sunday ams at MK for us next trip. Love that app so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Peak room rates run as high as $1,170 for a standard RPC room. Value for part of July is "only" $805. The difference in dining is just $1.35/adult/day and $1/child/day for the regular dining plan according to Mousesavers. Not much to worry about really compared to all you will save on your room rate.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #762
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

I'm getting interested in the VGF...the resort is amazing enough that I'm sure renting DVC points and staying at VGF when they open would be a great way to experience the resort with paying so much
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #763
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

From what I've heard... the points for the VGF will be priced VERY high... it's going to be higher than BLT but it might not be as high as the eventual Poly DVC... they say that there is much more interest in that than in VGF...

Also the amount of points to stay at the Grand is expected to be higher as well.. .

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #764
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Jungle Cruiser - thanks.

Those were the days, weren't they, when you had a simple chart for value, regular, peak and holiday? Now it looks like an algebra equation.

BCV23 -

Good point about the resort savings in value season - you get a good portion whacked off before the discounts even start!

I need to get DD to download that new app, sounds great.

Tink rules - I've heard the same, some really high estimates for point price AND usage. I hope it isn't as bad as predicted.

disneydreamfan14 - Welcome! I'm sure you are not alone, many out there are looking forward to the completion of the new DVC.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #765
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I think they are going to use the high points to discourage others from booking the Grand. & I think they are going to also move the bridals to that wing, thus freeing up more of RPC.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: