Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #721
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

sydneysmom - aww, thanks! Everyone here is so knowledgeable, between all of us we seem to keep up.

cgulls - I've been surfing the 'net scouting for photos of the restaurants - so far, nothing. Hopefully, someone will post a few in the next week or so. If not, I'm due to head to the World in late August and will take photos then. (if we make it, DD is interviewing for a new job!)
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #722
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning! Been a busy couple weeks, time to catch up on the GF thread!

k&a&c'smom

I know we are getting ready for a lot of construction and closures at the GF, but I have to say I am excited to see the pictures of the new Beach Pool Bar and play area. It will be great to have those walls down (as new ones go up ), but when the construction is done at the end of the year the GF should be beautiful. By then they should be done with the major outside construction of the DVC I would think.

Please whomever is there when the Beach Pool walls come down, take pictures please!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #723
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post

k&a&c'smom

I know we are getting ready for a lot of construction and closures at the GF, but I have to say I am excited to see the pictures of the new Beach Pool Bar and play area. It will be great to have those walls down (as new ones go up ), but when the construction is done at the end of the year the GF should be beautiful. By then they should be done with the major outside construction of the DVC I would think.

Please whomever is there when the Beach Pool walls come down, take pictures please!!!
We will also be there in the end of August and will take lots of pics!!!
Although I am not happy about Courtyard Pool walls coming up, I am thrilled that Beach Pools walls will be coming down since that is where we would spend our time anyways!! I cant wait to see new play area too! Only with closure of Courtyard Pool.. It is going to get more crowded than I would like....
Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #724
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I noticed this announcement on allears - Citricos is to host Food & Wine dinners starting the end of August.

Jungle Cruiser - Good to see you, I hope everything is going well with you.

I'm with you, it will be nice to see the beach pool sans walls, even if walls are going up elsewhere. I'm anxious to see the new splash zone, I know the little ones are going to love it.

I would expect most of the outdoor work to be done by the end of the year, too, but haven't heard anything in that regard.

Butterflygirl35 - Are you getting excited for your trip?! Silly question, I know.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #725
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Thanks k&a&c'smom!!

Is it obvious????

Has anyone seen any renderings / pictures of the new Splash Zone?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #726
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Thanks k&a&c'smom!!

Is it obvious????

Has anyone seen any renderings / pictures of the new Splash Zone?
Well, I just go by how excited I am at this point. I so hope DD gets the job, but in a perfect world, they won't need her to start until AFTER our trip.

I haven't seen any renderings for the splash zone, unfortunately, didn't even realize it was going to be built until a few months ago. Most of us were puzzled by the workers blocking off the beach this past spring.

Here is a link to the splash zone at the CR. I'm assuming it will be similar, but with different theming of course. Here is another angle.

ETA: I should have added this link for the current photos of the construction. You can see the splash zone area near the beach pool bar in the photos near the bottom of the page.

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 08-02-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #727
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Well, I just go by how excited I am at this point. I so hope DD gets the job, but in a perfect world, they won't need her to start until AFTER our trip.

I haven't seen any renderings for the splash zone, unfortunately, didn't even realize it was going to be built until a few months ago. Most of us were puzzled by the workers blocking off the beach this past spring.

Here is a link to the splash zone at the CR. I'm assuming it will be similar, but with different theming of course.
Good luck to your DD!!! Fingers crossed for her!! and hopefully she can enjoy Disney before her new job or they will be flexible enough to understand just how important a Disney vacation is....

Thanks for the information!! I am excited to see the changes!!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #728
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks.

I added a link to photos of the construction, in case you missed it - I tend to edit myself a lot!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #729
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
So, Narcoosee's and Mizner's should be back open after their short closings for updates / rehabs. Has anybody seen them? I'm wondering what they did to those locations (and will be doing to the others).

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
It sounds like there's alot of "sprucing up" planned at the GF in the coming months! Does anyone know if it's major refurbishment or just cleaning up/painting kind of renovations?
In the past when restaurants have been closed for just a week, I've never noticed a change. Maybe the week is used to freshen up the paint, super deep cleaning, etc.. Perhaps Mizner's will have some minor changes since it will offer new things while Gasparillas is closed.

Quote:
Awesome, thank you!! I have to say, this is one of THE best threads... you do such a fantastic job keeping us all informed! thank you !!
So true!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #730
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Just downloaded a new app on my phone. It's called My Disney Experience. Wish I was going really soon to use it for wait times, etc.. However, I did just book lunch for our first full day on it. Fun!

Last edited by BCV23; 08-02-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #731
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

BCV23 - Thanks for that perspective on past closures, I can't remember any very well. If the menus or decor had been changed it would have been more newsworthy, don't you think? Like the changes proposed for CA Grill.

ETA: Cool app! I'll have to tell DD to look it up.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #732
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks! I see you are soon heading to the World.
One week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to your DD on her interview!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Awesome, thank you!! I have to say, this is one of THE best threads... you do such a fantastic job keeping us all informed! thank you !!
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post

Yes!!!!! NEED pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Just downloaded a new ap on my phone. It's called My Disney Experience. Wish I was going really soon to use it for wait times, etc.. However, I did just book lunch for our first full day on it. Fun!
I REALLY need an uptodate cell...for EXACTLY that reason, DISNEY APPS
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #733
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

pas130, one week!!!!

app not ap. Whoops. Time to edit.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #734
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

they may have done some updates to the kitchen.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #735
Eponine1
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone,

I usually stay at the Poly but I just booked the GF for November 2013.

Does anyone have any information on when the DVC will be completed? I know that the GF is undergoing many changes right now and I'm hoping by 2013 they will be done.

I haven't stayed at the GF since 2007. I believe they have done the rooms over.

Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: