Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #706
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I believe so. I was told the reason they are up now is for the addition of a grill with Gasparillas closing....so when it closes and the beach bar opens up they should be down.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #707
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
I believe so. I was told the reason they are up now is for the addition of a grill with Gasparillas closing....so when it closes and the beach bar opens up they should be down.
Thanks!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #708
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

I'm glad that the walls will be down. Of course there will probably be new ones around the main pool though lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #709
mum
Earning My Ears

Sorry to jump in on 1950Rainbow's question about deluxe rooms but can you tell me more about deluxe rooms.
Are they all in the main building which would make them all club level , right?
Do they have them in the other buildings , not club level ?
Are they only 1 king or 1 queen bed unlike the standard room that has two beds?

Thanks a lothttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/confused24.gif
Old 07-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #710
mum
Earning My Ears

oops just looked at the photo again and see two beds so I guess they come with 2 beds.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #711
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new posters!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
Sorry to jump in on 1950Rainbow's question about deluxe rooms but can you tell me more about deluxe rooms.
Are they all in the main building which would make them all club level , right?
Do they have them in the other buildings , not club level ?
Are they only 1 king or 1 queen bed unlike the standard room that has two beds?

Thanks a lothttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/confused24.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
oops just looked at the photo again and see two beds so I guess they come with 2 beds.
Hello, and welcome! As BCV23 posted, there are deluxe main building rooms and deluxe outer building rooms. The main building rooms are all club, the deluxe rooms in SL are club (but not a bookable category, you have to request after booking outer building club and may not get one, there are only 3 or 4) and there are deluxe garden view rooms in the outer buildings that are NOT club.

Some of the deluxe rooms in the main building are 1 king, described as "king - deluxe- main building" and others are 2 queens, described as "deluxe - main building" if I recall. Most of the outer building deluxe rooms will be 2 queen, not many GF rooms have a king, there may be a few deluxe outer bldg. with king.

Here is the link to photos of the outer building deluxe rooms, posted by Lulu'sMom (prior to room renovations, the decor is different and the sofa no longer folds out, though you can request a rollaway) - scroll down to post #25: Sugar Loaf deluxe room

HTH!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 07-31-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: changed format
Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #712
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Staying SL CL next month. I put a request on my reservation (which was with AAA) for a room facing the marina, looking for the minimal visual impact from any construction. I also emailed the IPO with my request.

I assume other informed people wil do the same. Any other steps I should take? Any other thoughts? Thanks.
Any insight here you GF experts??
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #713
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any insight here you GF experts??
Sorry you had to quote your own post.

If you are booked SL club level, contact IPO and ask them to add your requests to your reservation. ETA: I see you did this! When you get to the resort, talk with the CMs and see if you were able to get a marina view room - if not, ask if one is available. If not available, ask if you can be assigned one the following day. You will have to pack and move, but it might be worth it if your view is of pool construction.

Good luck!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #714
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Sorry you had to quote your own post.

If you are booked SL club level, contact IPO and ask them to add your requests to your reservation. ETA: I see you did this! When you get to the resort, talk with the CMs and see if you were able to get a marina view room - if not, ask if one is available. If not available, ask if you can be assigned one the following day. You will have to pack and move, but it might be worth it if your view is of pool construction.

Good luck!
Thanks. No need to apologize. I just wasn't sure if I need to do anything further prior to arrival, closer to the arrival date.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #715
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. No need to apologize. I just wasn't sure if I need to do anything further prior to arrival, closer to the arrival date.
You may want to check with IPO a week-to-10-days out, just to be sure they have your request attached to your reservation. I do this sometimes - they always have it on my reservation, but I like to be sure. Over-planners unite!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #716
pas130
DIS Veteran

Missed you k&a&c'smom

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #717
cgulls
Mouseketeer

rehabs

So, Narcoosee's and Mizner's should be back open after their short closings for updates / rehabs. Has anybody seen them? I'm wondering what they did to those locations (and will be doing to the others).

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #718
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

It sounds like there's alot of "sprucing up" planned at the GF in the coming months! Does anyone know if it's major refurbishment or just cleaning up/painting kind of renovations?

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 08-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #719
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Missed you k&a&c'smom
Thanks! I see you are soon heading to the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
So, Narcoosee's and Mizner's should be back open after their short closings for updates / rehabs. Has anybody seen them? I'm wondering what they did to those locations (and will be doing to the others).

Thanks!
Looks like Citricos will be open again soon, too. I haven't seen any photos, maybe I'll look around the 'net this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
It sounds like there's alot of "sprucing up" planned at the GF in the coming months! Does anyone know if it's major refurbishment or just cleaning up/painting kind of renovations?
There's a rehab list on the first page, with descriptions of the pool & store rehabs. Building a new splash zone near the beach pool, adding a grill to beach pool bar and adding zero entry to the courtyard pool. Gasparilla's will be enhanced with more seating, removing the arcade and probably more selection of groceries due to the villas.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #720
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
There's a rehab list on the first page, with descriptions of the pool & store rehabs. Building a new splash zone near the beach pool, adding a grill to beach pool bar and adding zero entry to the courtyard pool. Gasparilla's will be enhanced with more seating, removing the arcade and probably more selection of groceries due to the villas.
Awesome, thank you!! I have to say, this is one of THE best threads... you do such a fantastic job keeping us all informed! thank you !!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: