Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #691
1950rainbow
Earning My Ears

Hi everybody!!! I'm booked @ the GF in a Deluxe room and I just had a quick question for people who have stayed in the regular room as well as the deluxe room. How much bigger is the deluxe room than the regular room. Thanks so much
Old 07-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #692
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1950rainbow View Post
Hi everybody!!! I'm booked @ the GF in a Deluxe room and I just had a quick question for people who have stayed in the regular room as well as the deluxe room. How much bigger is the deluxe room than the regular room. Thanks so much
We have stayed in "standard" and "deluxe" rooms in RPC. There is a HUGE difference in size. I wish I could post pics for you to see but can't from pc. The bathrooms are also different. You will not be disappointed. We have 2 children and used a stroller which we never closed up and it was never in the way. The kids were able to run around and play without getting in anyones way. LOVE the GF and their deluxe rooms . Have a great time at the GF .

DH DW DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #693
1950rainbow
Earning My Ears

Hi thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm much more confident now about the rooms because I really had no idea what the size difference was in the 2 different rooms. Thanks again
Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #694
davale4

Quote:
Hi thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. I'm much more confident now about the rooms because I really had no idea what the size difference was in the 2 different rooms. Thanks again
Not the best pics...but I hope they help.

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #695
davale4

Quote:

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #696
davale4

Quote:

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #697
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Great pics... Makes me miss Gflo...

We got our letter from Internary planning.... We are getting close...

Hard to belive that its almost August..
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #698
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Staying SL CL next month. I put a request on my reservation (which was with AAA) for a room facing the marina, looking for the minimal visual impact from any construction. I also emailed the IPO with my request.

I assume other informed people wil do the same. Any other steps I should take? Any other thoughts? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #699
1950rainbow
Earning My Ears

thanks so much that really is a big size difference. I really appreciate the help!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #700
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

1950rainbow, is your reservation club level in Royal Palm Club? If so, your room will be like that in davale4's photos. If it is garden deluxe, the room will be like a regular room with an additional seating area at the end. We've not stayed in that type room but they look very nice, too, if not as spacious as the RPC deluxe queen.

So many of you going soon. Have fun!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #701
brsirak
Earning My Ears

davale4 Do you know, are all the RPC Deluxe Rooms layed out like the one in your pictures?

We are currently booked in an RPC Deluxe King...with a request for the "turret" style room. My concern is, if we don't get our request the jacuzzi style room won't be as large...and I really want more space! So, I either need to pay more for a 1 Bed Suite...which is more than I want to pay...or try and maybe get the Deluxe Queen Room...which really is more bed than we need, our DD likes to sleep with us on vacation...but at least for sure a larger room!

What to do? What to do?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #702
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Just wanted to give you an FYI I also received a letter from CRO about the construction at GF and telling me to call if I had concerns. We booked it as a bounce back from the YC and switched back to YC CL this time since the construction.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #703
davale4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsirak View Post
davale4 Do you know, are all the RPC Deluxe Rooms layed out like the one in your pictures?

We are currently booked in an RPC Deluxe King...with a request for the "turret" style room. My concern is, if we don't get our request the jacuzzi style room won't be as large...and I really want more space! So, I either need to pay more for a 1 Bed Suite...which is more than I want to pay...or try and maybe get the Deluxe Queen Room...which really is more bed than we need, our DD likes to sleep with us on vacation...but at least for sure a larger room!

What to do? What to do?
We have considered the 1 bed Suite in the past...but we are happy with deluxe queen (many times we have not used the second bed-but love all the extra room) and we pay less than the Suite. Never stayed at a Deluxe king with turret but hear they are very nice. I hope you get your request, but either choice, I'm sure you will have a great stay . I absolutely love everything about RPC .

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #704
davale4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
1950rainbow, is your reservation club level in Royal Palm Club? If so, your room will be like that in davale4's photos. If it is garden deluxe, the room will be like a regular room with an additional seating area at the end. We've not stayed in that type room but they look very nice, too, if not as spacious as the RPC deluxe queen.

So many of you going soon. Have fun!!!
Thanks for the information! I didn't realize that the deluxe rooms from RPC and the other buildings were different in size. I thought all their deluxe rooms were that big .

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #705
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Love the pics!

I am excited.... Cant wait!

I have heard rumors that the Beach will be opening back up Aug 24, is this confirmed? Are the construction walls by beach pool going to come down??? Please say its true.....
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: