Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #676
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Looks like the Poly doesn't have a jacuzzi. I was unaware of this. Looks like I am just not meant to have a jacuzzi this time around lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #677
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfmarine View Post
Looks like the Poly doesn't have a jacuzzi. I was unaware of this. Looks like I am just not meant to have a jacuzzi this time around lol.
I was unaware of this as well, not like I was planning on being in the jacuzzi anyways.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #678
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Yeah..I went to the trip advisor section for poly and started browsing through the photos to see what the jacuzzi looked like. After about 300 pics I decided to look it up in google and that's when I noticed that there was not one located on that property.

For me, the jacuzzi is just a nice way to end the day and take care of all those aches and pains. Anyway..enough about the Poly..

Has anyone been able to view any of the suites at GF? I wouldn't mind asking a tour this time around because I may be interested in renting one in the near future. I just didn't know what the protocol was etc. obviously...it would be based on if the rooms are unoccupied.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #679
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Hi folks. Got back from the GF 2 days ago. First, stayed in SL with marina view. No sound of construction from our room or by the quiet pool. The monorail service was terrible due to break downs, not because of construction.

I found our room to be a little less "grand" as far as housekeeping goes. The bed skirt on the bed was half way down on the floor from day one. It took 5 days to fix the TV. The cable company was actually called to come fix it. Found a chocolate on the floor under the bed skirt that was on the floor. Spoke to the manager of housekeeping. She came up to the room and said it was unacceptable.

We will stay in RPC next year. Don't want to get wet running from building to building. The weather was not the best. Our first day there it poured. Got soaked coming out of the main building. Drainage is none to great near the pool into SL. I had to blow dry our sneakers!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #680
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Hi folks. Got back from the GF 2 days ago. First, stayed in SL with marina view. No sound of construction from our room or by the quiet pool. The monorail service was terrible due to break downs, not because of construction.

I found our room to be a little less "grand" as far as housekeeping goes. The bed skirt on the bed was half way down on the floor from day one. It took 5 days to fix the TV. The cable company was actually called to come fix it. Found a chocolate on the floor under the bed skirt that was on the floor. Spoke to the manager of housekeeping. She came up to the room and said it was unacceptable.

We will stay in RPC next year. Don't want to get wet running from building to building. The weather was not the best. Our first day there it poured. Got soaked coming out of the main building. Drainage is none to great near the pool into SL. I had to blow dry our sneakers!
Sorry for the Mousekeeping issues, that's a shame!

RPC next year...now you're talking

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #681
GFmom
Earning My Ears

Tomorrow we are FINALLY on vacation. We have be able to keep the secret from the kiddos for their first trip to Disney. My daughter's birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating at CRT! I am hoping for better luck with SL mousekeeping and the monorail.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #682
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFmom View Post
Tomorrow we are FINALLY on vacation. We have be able to keep the secret from the kiddos for their first trip to Disney. My daughter's birthday is Sunday and we are celebrating at CRT! I am hoping for better luck with SL mousekeeping and the monorail.
Have a great time!!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #683
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
I think it strange that only 2 of us on this thread have gotten the letters. Anyone else gotten one?

KB24- are you currently booked in CL? Just wondering if that has something to do with who gets it and who doesn't. Strange.
We got one in the mail while we were on vacation.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #684
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
We did the same for my daughter when she turned 9. We also kept it a secret and it was priceless to see her reaction. Have a magical vacation and an unforgettable birthday experience.

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #685
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Strong work keeping the secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Safe travels and enjoy SL, SL was a magical vacation when our family stayed there! Absolutely dreamy!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #686
pas130
DIS Veteran

Just posting to prevent us from getting to page 3

Happy Sunday all! Everyone must be busy enjoying Summer!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #687
MagicKingdom4Ever
Mouseketeer

Question about pools

Hi! We recently booked a trip for in a couple of weeks. Disney told us one of the pools is closed for construction while we are there. For those of you who have been there recently, is there only one pool open and if so, does that make the one a lot more crowded? Which one is open now? Is it still worth going at this time?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #688
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKingdom4Ever View Post
Hi! We recently booked a trip for in a couple of weeks. Disney told us one of the pools is closed for construction while we are there. For those of you who have been there recently, is there only one pool open and if so, does that make the one a lot more crowded? Which one is open now? Is it still worth going at this time?
The main pool is closed for refurb until Dec. The themed zero-entry pool will remain open. It is a smaller pool so it will be crowded. Guests are also encouraged to use the pool facilities and amenities at the Poly.

It is a tough call in determining if you should book during all the construction or not. It isn't stopping me from going in November. It doesn't hurt to explore other accomidations as well.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #689
MagicKingdom4Ever
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your response. Is the main pool the one right behind the main building or the one with the waterfall/rocks?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #690
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Both pools are actually open now. The courtyard pool is closing on 8/24. The Beach pool will have a new water play area open by then. That area is closed off at last report but the beach pool with the slide is open.

Have fun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: