Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #511
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

i know nothing about coffee. but while we are on the subject, i have been wanting to mention that i noticed when we stayed in RPC our coffeemaker was different than the one pictured. i am almost positive it was a keurig. it was definitely the pod kind but not the cuisinart.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #512
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

bethclayton - the Keurigs seem to only be in the suites, baler31 mentioned last year she thought the GF was getting Keurigs, as she had one in her deluxe room. Nothing for months. Then, posters started noticing the new machines, but they were Cuisinart; when baler31 returned, again in a deluxe room, it was a Keurig! I recently saw photos of a Yacht Club suite with the Keurig, and I think they are only in the suites. The deluxe main bldg. rooms are often referred to as "honeymoon suites" by the CMs.

Here is the photo I saw of the pods - it is posted on the first page of the Y&BC FAQ, I hope they don't mind us borrowing it.

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #513
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
bethclayton - the Keurigs seem to only be in the suites, baler31 mentioned last year she thought the GF was getting Keurigs, as she had one in her deluxe room. Nothing for months. Then, posters started noticing the new machines, but they were Cuisinart; when baler31 returned, again in a deluxe room, it was a Keurig! I recently saw photos of a Yacht Club suite with the Keurig, and I think they are only in the suites. The deluxe main bldg. rooms are often referred to as "honeymoon suites" by the CMs.

Here is the photo I saw of the pods - it is posted on the first page of the Y&BC FAQ, I hope they don't mind us borrowing it.

we were just in a standard room in RPC, though, and we still had the keurig (or what i think was the keurig and was def not the cuisinart). i will look through my pics and see if any show the coffeemaker but i am pretty sure we usually had those "closet/ wet bar" doors closed whenever we took pics.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #514
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
we were just in a standard room in RPC, though, and we still had the keurig (or what i think was the keurig and was def not the cuisinart). i will look through my pics and see if any show the coffeemaker but i am pretty sure we usually had those "closet/ wet bar" doors closed whenever we took pics.
Oh, I was thinking of the deluxe king room, not a standard. Well, maybe all the main building rooms have them, though someone posted while in a standard a few months back and did not. Still, maybe they all got them eventually.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #515
PrincessShanShan
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input on construction. We switched from a dxl RPC room to a cl lagoon room at the Poly. We narrowed it down to BC and Poly. BC is the only dxl where I haven't stayed CL. Since DH is not a big Disney fan, I didn't want to chance it there. I love the Poly and I think he'll enjoy it there.

I have a few Disney trips planned this year without DH, but the two of us are tentatively planning another weekend trip for my birthday at the end of Sept 2013. Hopefully on one of my trips over the next year, I'll be able to snag another bounceback rate for the GF and spend my birthday therenext year!
Disneymoon Dec. 2006 BWV & Cont. Atrium Club
~December 22~
Living our happily ever after
Old 07-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #516
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
Thanks for the input on construction. We switched from a dxl RPC room to a cl lagoon room at the Poly. We narrowed it down to BC and Poly. BC is the only dxl where I haven't stayed CL. Since DH is not a big Disney fan, I didn't want to chance it there. I love the Poly and I think he'll enjoy it there.

I have a few Disney trips planned this year without DH, but the two of us are tentatively planning another weekend trip for my birthday at the end of Sept 2013. Hopefully on one of my trips over the next year, I'll be able to snag another bounceback rate for the GF and spend my birthday therenext year!
I'm glad you found something you are happy with, and I'm sure you will have a great trip! For what it's worth, I love the BC almost as much as the GF - but haven't tried CL there yet. We are booked for YC CL in August, so I will finally have something to compare as they are similar. Poly CL is wonderful, I know your DH will enjoy it.

Good luck with your BB, I think we are all hoping for most of the renovations/construction to be complete by late 2013.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #517
tartemis
DIS Veteran

Arghh...I just learned of the GF closures and we are scheduled to stay at the Sugarloaf at the end of October. And I just booked and nobody mentioned anything about this to me!!! I already have my plane tickets, so no changing dates now.

This is so disappointing as we are paying rack rate for rooms (although have free dining), but with the Sugarloaf right next to the courtyard pools, I can't imagine how relaxing it will be. We usually spend half of our day or more hanging out at the pools and specifically choose the GF because it is so relaxing.

I'm so upset and don't know what to do. We stayed at the BC last year and hated it and swore up and down we would never stray from the GF again.

I know complaining is useless, but any thoughts on whether they would upgrade us to the main building? At least that way we would be closer to the Beach pool.

If they don't compensate guest some how they are going to have a lot of unhappy folks on their hands.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #518
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartemis View Post
Arghh...I just learned of the GF closures and we are scheduled to stay at the Sugarloaf at the end of October. And I just booked and nobody mentioned anything about this to me!!! I already have my plane tickets, so no changing dates now.

This is so disappointing as we are paying rack rate for rooms (although have free dining), but with the Sugarloaf right next to the courtyard pools, I can't imagine how relaxing it will be. We usually spend half of our day or more hanging out at the pools and specifically choose the GF because it is so relaxing.

I'm so upset and don't know what to do. We stayed at the BC last year and hated it and swore up and down we would never stray from the GF again.

I know complaining is useless, but any thoughts on whether they would upgrade us to the main building? At least that way we would be closer to the Beach pool.

If they don't compensate guest some how they are going to have a lot of unhappy folks on their hands.
Unfortunately, most CM's at CRO do not know that there will be rehab's, closures or construction at the resorts.

It is very frustrating but personally, I don't see Disney upgrading anyone because there is construction. Overbooking, yes but construction, no.
Like k&a&c'smom said below, your best bet is to book the main building if you can.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 07-15-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #519
micknme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are booked for YC CL in August, so I will finally have something to compare as they are similar.
I can't wait to hear how you like YC CL. We are also staying CL there for the first time. We love the BC CL but are looking forward to trying something new this fall. Will still miss the GF though
Old 07-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #520
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

tartemis - Your best bet is to book the main building now if that is where you prefer to be located. Hoping for an upgrade on site may leave you disappointed - the main bldg. often books up in advance, and there are no free rooms even for those who wish to pay to upgrade at check in.

If that isn't feasible, I would look into changing your reservation to another resort. Much better to switch now than get there and be upset by the construction. The Grand will be better than ever when the renovations are complete.

micknme - We have never stayed CL at the BC or YC, so this will be a new experience for us. We can't wait to be lounging at SAB! We have a split with the GF booked, best of both worlds.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #521
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
jillmc40 - We've had a lot of questions about coffee, but I think that's the first time someone has posted they might upgrade to club to get it. Coffee drinkers get pretty desperate while in the World!

Here is a photo of the new Cuisinart coffee makers taken by our friend BamaTigger. I just saw a post somewhere with the coffee pods, too, I'll see if I can find it.

I take my coffee drinking serious Thank you for the pictures. Maybe it is only in the main building. I remember Jack Spence, I think, doing a whole GF tutorial recently and seeing it there, but I thought he did say something about either club level or main room. If they will give us more pods then that will be great!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #522
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

For the last week, I have been going on the WDW website and checking availability for the Grand Floridian for this coming week. As of three days ago, RPC was available as well as SL. I was trying to see if the resort is full when we arrive this Tuesday. Yesterday I checked again and all that was available were standard rooms. This morning, the GF is sold out for next week.

I wonder if the GF is taking rooms out of inventory due to construction. The other resorts on the monorail are not sold out.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #523
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
tartemis - Your best bet is to book the main building now if that is where you prefer to be located. Hoping for an upgrade on site may leave you disappointed - the main bldg. often books up in advance, and there are no free rooms even for those who wish to pay to upgrade at check in.

If that isn't feasible, I would look into changing your reservation to another resort. Much better to switch now than get there and be upset by the construction. The Grand will be better than ever when the renovations are complete.
I totally agree with this and you are right, the main building does book up fast. As for the GF it will be better than ever.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 07-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #524
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
For the last week, I have been going on the WDW website and checking availability for the Grand Floridian for this coming week. As of three days ago, RPC was available as well as SL. I was trying to see if the resort is full when we arrive this Tuesday. Yesterday I checked again and all that was available were standard rooms. This morning, the GF is sold out for next week.

I wonder if the GF is taking rooms out of inventory due to construction. The other resorts on the monorail are not sold out.
I have noticed this several times over the summer. You could be right, and inventory is reduced as the construction progresses. I know management told baler31 this is how they would proceed if construction impacted the rooms overlooking the beach pool - perhaps they are having to switch some RPC guests to SL.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #525
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
I have noticed this several times over the summer. You could be right, and inventory is reduced as the construction progresses. I know management told baler31 this is how they would proceed if construction impacted the rooms overlooking the beach pool - perhaps they are having to switch some RPC guests to SL.
Oh boy that could make for some very unhappy GF guests if they had to switch from RPC to the SL. Not that the SL is bad or anything like that, but it's just not RPC. If we were booked at RPC and then they switched us to the SL, we would be upset.

Do you think it would make it better if the CM's at the CRO had the construction/list of rehab information and were able to pass it on to the guests before booking or if the Disney website had this information as well? This way there would be no surprises when booking?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: