Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #496
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Thanks for the info. I've googled lots of video and pics of GF standard rooms and haven't come across pictures of the closet. An upgrade is not an option for us....we feel so blessed to even be able to stay there!
No problem! See post #8 on page 1 of this thread for some closet pictures that k&a&c'smom posted. As you can see, the closet is fairy spacious.

You will have a great time!
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #497
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Can I ask what you (or anyone else) have heard/read about construction at the Poly? I haven't heard about this and have ressies there in December....
According to Tiki Man... No concierge in December... looks like they are going to start with that building for the rooms refurb...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #498
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

HFC1969 - I didn't hear anything after "Mizner's open 'til 2 a.m."!

Have you heard the rumors that the GFV points rate will be double the points at other DVC resorts?! Hope that's not true, for all DVC owners and renters. Can't remember where I read that...

bethclayton - wow, that WAS an odyssey! I'm glad your perseverance paid off in the end, but what a pain.

Figment1990 - thanks for that link. I have read some of this info, but not all. Hope you are right about the major Poly work waiting until the GF pools are finished.

Momof2Disneyboys - here is the thread I read a couple days ago. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2956359 Not as much info as Figment's link, I'm afraid, but I found it nonetheless.

Tink rules - closing the Hawaii bldg. for any length of time will disappoint a lot of guests! Incredibly popular, I'm surprised they aren't planning to use another building, like the year or so they moved CL to Tahiti.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 07-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #499
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I hope the move the concierge... I know it's very popular...

From what I've heard... the Great Ceremonial house needs work.. but they haven't put out anything more on that since they announced about the asbestos removal. They also have to upgrade to current ADA compliancies...

They DID do sight balloons in May out by the beach by Luau cove.. supposedly for DVC... It's gonna get very crowded around 7 seas lagoon with all this going on...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #500
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I hope the move the concierge... I know it's very popular...

From what I've heard... the Great Ceremonial house needs work.. but they haven't put out anything more on that since they announced about the asbestos removal. They also have to upgrade to current ADA compliancies...

They DID do sight balloons in May out by the beach by Luau cove.. supposedly for DVC... It's gonna get very crowded around 7 seas lagoon with all this going on...
Boy, ain't that the truth!!

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard about asbestos removal. I'm out of the Poly loop. It's been a while since we've stayed there, as I don't care much for the new room decor, but we eat and shop there every trip. I feel like the GF & Poly are almost sister resorts, it's so easy to hop from one to the other.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #501
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

How far is the walk from GF to Poly?

Thanks in advance...
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #502
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShanShan View Post
My husband is NOT a Disney fan. In 6 years I'fe talked him into 3 Disney trips with me (7 nights, 3 nights, 2 nights). He has stayed at BWV, Cont. CL (Split stay), YC, and Pop. He HATED Pop (although he picked it) because he said it was too noisey. He loved Cont because of the club level. We have a trip planned fir Labor Day weekend in a dxl RPC room. Parks aren't a biggie for us. We just want a nice place to relax and enjoy for a few days. DH's only requests was a resort he hasn't stayed in yet and club level. With all the construction going on, his quiet and relaxing do you think the GF will be? I've stayed there multiple times before, but I'm really wondering if I should switch to the Poly and leave Ff fir another trip. Thoughts??
If the parks aren't a big deal, do you need to be on the monorail? Maybe consider Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge -- club level at both are supposed to be really nice (we're planning AKL Club for April, just didn't book yet), and both will be unphased by construction. Both also have a good signature restaurant for one dinner and other on-site options as well. Plus both will be considerably less expensive, so if you need to take cabs to other resorts for dinners, it would be easy in the budget to do so. And both have huge expansive lobbies (like the GF) that would be nice for hanging out for bits during the day.

I'm looking forward to staying at the Grand again once all the construction is done, but for now I think everyone has to weigh the positives and negatives depending on their personal needs.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 07-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #503
Tink rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
How far is the walk from GF to Poly?

Thanks in advance...
About 10 minutes. It is walled in though right now by the area where they are doing the DVC construction... I'd take the monorail.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #504
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Cant wait!!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #505
Tink rules

Or if you are going FROM the GF to the Poly.. I'd also suggest the boat... It's a nice way to get from one to the other...

Old 07-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #506
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I know what you mean, my kids' friends have been in our lives since they were tiny, we live in such a small town.

LOL about the possibility of a gf for the next WDW trip. Keep the Swolphin resorts in mind, they often have great deals on their suites.
Oh that's right. I totally forgot about the Swolphin. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Well I have talked him into the Grand....RPC will be a surprise
RPC will be a really nice surprise.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #507
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Hi again! Thanks everyone for being so helpful So we are booked in a standard garden view room, and after looking at room pictures, I'm wondering where everybody keeps their clothes?! Those four or five tiny half drawers look so small! I was thinking I could live out of a suitcase and not unpack...but I don't even know where I would out the suitcase? I realize we are squeezing into this tiny room....hmmmm...I wonder if I asked if the hotel would mind taking out that chair next to one of the beds...just to give us more floor space??
The closets are really big! One thing you might do (we do this when we stay at a value with multiple people and need more drawers) is we bring hanging closet organizers - they are canvas and fold down flat so you can pack them into your suitcase. Then you just hang them up and put your folded clothes in them. You can get ones that are 'sweater' size, or shoe ones (or both!). You could even get different coloured ones for different family members! I got some at the dollar store, they also have them at Walmart and even Ikea.

Something like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Ha...ndingMethod=rr

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 07-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #508
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
The closets are really big! One thing you might do (we do this when we stay at a value with multiple people and need more drawers) is we bring hanging closet organizers - they are canvas and fold down flat so you can pack them into your suitcase. Then you just hang them up and put your folded clothes in them. You can get ones that are 'sweater' size, or shoe ones (or both!). You could even get different coloured ones for different family members! I got some at the dollar store, they also have them at Walmart and even Ikea.

Something like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Ha...ndingMethod=rr
That is so smart!!!

Ok, I have a question for you GF experts With all the closures going on in October I am trying to think of the best thing to do. I am currently trying to decide between club level, regular view, or theme park view...This is my main decider...Coffee...I think it would be really cool to be able to sit on the balcony and watch fireworks and drink coffee, and I like to drink coffee in the morning. With Gasparilla closed where am I supposed to get coffee for the room? I know it would be right there if we were club level but theme park view appeals to me. I'm assuming they have coffeemakers in the room, do they have keurigs? I thought I saw that somewhere...If only I could win the lottery and do club level theme park view........I know you are thinking it, but it is impossible!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #509
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

jillmc40 - We've had a lot of questions about coffee, but I think that's the first time someone has posted they might upgrade to club to get it. Coffee drinkers get pretty desperate while in the World!

Here is a photo of the new Cuisinart coffee makers taken by our friend BamaTigger. I just saw a post somewhere with the coffee pods, too, I'll see if I can find it.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #510
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I didn't find the photo, but here is what TheRustyScupper posted about the new Cuisinart coffee makers in another thread:

NEW WDW ROOM COFFEE COMING TO WDW RESORTS: (3/26/2012)

1) Resorts are converting to Cuisinart dual-cup "pod" coffee makers.
. . . the coffee is 100% Arabica bean, very tasty
. . . eventually all resorts will have these during 2012
. . . some DVC rooms might remain with "Mr Coffee" style pots
. . . brews one cup at-a-time, or two cups side-by-side simultaneously
. . . brews 8-oz cup of coffee in less than 3 minutes
. . . illuminated power button and shuts off when water reservoir is empty
. . . separate water reservoir for each side
. . . one side can make coffee while other side does plain water for tea
. . . mugs are provided in room, but uses any standard size cup or mug
2) Each Cuisinart pod filter makes one cup of brew.
. . . decaffeinated and decaffeinated coffee pods are provided in each room
. . . maids will give more pods if asked, not just the two pods supplied
. . . teas bags are also in each room
. . . tea bags are Twinings Earl Grey Black and Twinings Green Tea
3) Pods:
. . . these are not k-cup pods/inserts, but are standard coffee "pods"
. . . they look much like tea a bag without a string, except, filled with coffee
. . . only one pod can be inserted at a time into each slide tray
. . . there are other pods that are available on the open market or Internet

NOTE: Several DVC rooms have the Mr. Coffee style makers. This is a
decision by the timeshare owner group, not WDW.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: