Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #481
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
They do have a CD, I'm pretty sure it's in the gift shop, but can't say 100% that it will be there when you go. Most likely - of course, you'll have to ask which one as Sandy Cove is due to be closed. Probably moved to M. Mouse Mercantile at that time.
Thank You!

Theme park view we will be able to see fireworks at night, correct?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #482
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
You must have been reading my mind as I was thinking what if Michael has a girl friend by the time we go to the GF in 2014. This is something that I have to think about as well.

Michael's two friends are like my son's. We have known them since 2nd grade. I adore these kids.
I know what you mean, my kids' friends have been in our lives since they were tiny, we live in such a small town.

LOL about the possibility of a gf for the next WDW trip. Keep the Swolphin resorts in mind, they often have great deals on their suites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinniesDi View Post
After an hour on the phone to Virgin Atlantic they have finally let us change to the WL and keep our free DDP and free Disney dollars!!!! They are not even aware of the resort closures so were reluctant to let us move without penalising us.

Excited to be trying the WL but sad to not be going back to my favourite resort.
Oh, that's wonderful!! So glad it worked out. I'm sorry you won't be at your favorite, but we love the WL, so pretty and so many things to see and do there. You may have a new favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Can I ask what you (or anyone else) have heard/read about construction at the Poly? I haven't heard about this and have ressies there in December....
I found some info on this, I'll see if I can find the link. Seems the Great Ceremonial House has some kind of structural issue that needs immediate attention. I'll try to find the thread, but you may get more help on the Poly thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Thank You!

Theme park view we will be able to see fireworks at night, correct?
Yes! Well, you should be able to - if you get to the room and don't have a good view of the castle, I would ask to be moved right away. We once had a TPV room in Boca Chica that had the view blocked by a tree, and decided not to bother asking for a new assignment. We could see the fireworks, but through limbs, lol.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #483
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Oh your hubby is going to be thrilled if you stay at RPC. Notice I said "if".
Well I have talked him into the Grand....RPC will be a surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
A lot of activity on the thread today.

pas130 - Yay for RPC!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #484
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Alrighty...

Called and spoke with the MGR of concierge..... He got out his offical spreadsheet and went over everything. (We scheduled our bounce back for October 25)

Anyway... we are still go! The pool will be closed. Gasparillas will be getting made bigger and better. Some of the stores will be getting a make over... but its still Gflo!

The pool bar will be open til 7pm.. then Mizners will serve a limited menu until 2am.

I guess the biggest bummer will be for our 12yo... no arcade..
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #485
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC1969 View Post
Alrighty...

Called and spoke with the MGR of concierge..... He got out his offical spreadsheet and went over everything. (We scheduled our bounce back for October 25)

Anyway... we are still go! The pool will be closed. Gasparillas will be getting made bigger and better. Some of the stores will be getting a make over... but its still Gflo!

The bar pool will be open til 7pm.. then Mizners will serve a limited menu until 2am.

Thanks for sharing this information! It's good to know they are making some changes to allow for the closure of Gasparillas.

My husband and I talked for quite awhile about this yesterday, and we both agreed we didn't want our first (and perhaps only) visit to GF to be under these circumstances. We made the change to CL at Poly and will hope for a bounceback offer to return to a less construction filled GF early next year.

Thank you EVERYONE who has been so helpful on this thread
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #486
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Here's where I was reading about Poly renovations, for those of you who were wondering. I don't think anything has been officially announced yet.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....n#post45109628

k&a&c's mom - I doubt they will do anything to the GCH until the GF construction is complete or at least both pools open again, but who knows. I just have a feeling it will be a lot of monorail resort construction for the next few years. (I sure wish they would offer some bigger discounts to go along with the disruption....) The rumor is that they might add DVC tower where the GCH is since it supposedly needs renovations anyhow.

When it's all complete though - I think all of this will be so beautiful! And I am considering DVC now because of the GF DVC whereas I wasn't convinced before (despite loving Kidani, it's just not in my preferred MK area). So maybe I'm biased.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #487
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Thanks for sharing this information!
No problem... Don't get me wrong.. Amy & I discussed it.. But we are looking at it as an adventure. We are getting to be there while our favorite place on earth is being remodeled... Great photo op..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
And I am considering DVC now because of the GF DVC whereas I wasn't convinced before (despite loving Kidani, it's just not in my preferred MK area). So maybe I'm biased.
We were big DVC owners at one time. BLT tower tempted us.. now this has really made us think... BUT... we like concierge.. its the full Gflo experience...fortunately with bounce back and pass holder discounts... it makes it doable..

Dont get me wrong... we are waiting to see what it is going to price for...
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #488
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I am looking forward to our first visit Labor day weekend even with all the renovations...

Any special things that cant be missed????
my favorite things to do all involve the main building. the best is just sitting and listening to the music and taking everything in. also, i love the shops there. take lots of time browsing in them! they are small so it's tempting to breeze through them but they have such great stuff if you really look.

Quote:

Does anyone know if you can buy a cd of the orchestra? I thought I read that you could but I want to make sure that I buy one when I am there for my DH. He is a bass player and chatted for a while with the bass player of the orchestra the last time we were there. I was going to try and get it signed for him since he is getting shafted on the trip
yes, they sell one at sandy cove (not sure where if sandy cove is closed), but
definitely do not count on finding it! i desperately wanted one for my mom and i had a ridiculous wild goose chase for it in april. ri-dic-u-lous!!! the day we arrived, i was on my way back from the pool and saw one in sandy cove. i had no money with me. i "hid" it behind the other cd's. i came back later that day and it was sold. i checked back twice a day every. single. day. for the rest of my 8 day trip and they never had it. the rpc cm's could not get it, they had me asking the other gift shops, the orchestra themselves, etc., and no one had it. one of the waitresses at mizner's apparently is dating one of the band members, and another waitress assured me she would be able to have her get me a copy by the following day- and even she could not get me one. as luck would have it... literally 15-20 minutes before our limo to the airport arrived, i did one final check- my third of the day- and lo and behold, they had just gotten about 10 in! anyway, i believe this is the number for wdw merchandising: 1 407 363-6200, i believe they told me at sandy cove that they would have it.

now after that whole story, you will probably be there and every day of your trip the gift shop will probably have twenty copies! good luck and i hope you find it!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #489
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC1969 View Post
Alrighty...

The pool bar will be open til 7pm.. then Mizners will serve a limited menu until 2am.

Boys and their games . The CR has a pretty big arcade and it's only a quick monorail ride away if he really wants to play.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #490
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
yes, they sell one at sandy cove (not sure where if sandy cove is closed), but
definitely do not count on finding it! i desperately wanted one for my mom and i had a ridiculous wild goose chase for it in april. ri-dic-u-lous!!! the day we arrived, i was on my way back from the pool and saw one in sandy cove. i had no money with me. i "hid" it behind the other cd's. i came back later that day and it was sold. i checked back twice a day every. single. day. for the rest of my 8 day trip and they never had it. the rpc cm's could not get it, they had me asking the other gift shops, the orchestra themselves, etc., and no one had it. one of the waitresses at mizner's apparently is dating one of the band members, and another waitress assured me she would be able to have her get me a copy by the following day- and even she could not get me one. as luck would have it... literally 15-20 minutes before our limo to the airport arrived, i did one final check- my third of the day- and lo and behold, they had just gotten about 10 in! anyway, i believe this is the number for wdw merchandising: 1 407 363-6200, i believe they told me at sandy cove that they would have it.

now after that whole story, you will probably be there and every day of your trip the gift shop will probably have twenty copies! good luck and i hope you find it!
OMG - Now it will be my mission I didn't think it would be that hard! Thanks for the number. What is RPC, it is driving me crazy...
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #491
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG - Now it will be my mission I didn't think it would be that hard! Thanks for the number. What is RPC, it is driving me crazy...
RPC is the Royal Palm Club, the club level in the main building.

Good luck in your search!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #492
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
RPC is the Royal Palm Club, the club level in the main building.

Good luck in your search!
Ahhh, I am a GF newbie...So much to learn!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #493
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Hi again! Thanks everyone for being so helpful So we are booked in a standard garden view room, and after looking at room pictures, I'm wondering where everybody keeps their clothes?! Those four or five tiny half drawers look so small! I was thinking I could live out of a suitcase and not unpack...but I don't even know where I would out the suitcase? I realize we are squeezing into this tiny room....hmmmm...I wonder if I asked if the hotel would mind taking out that chair next to one of the beds...just to give us more floor space??
Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #494
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Hi again! Thanks everyone for being so helpful So we are booked in a standard garden view room, and after looking at room pictures, I'm wondering where everybody keeps their clothes?! Those four or five tiny half drawers look so small! I was thinking I could live out of a suitcase and not unpack...but I don't even know where I would out the suitcase? I realize we are squeezing into this tiny room....hmmmm...I wonder if I asked if the hotel would mind taking out that chair next to one of the beds...just to give us more floor space??
Our room had a large closet as well where you could hang clothes, so that should provide quite a bit of additional space as well. If necessary, you could also put suitcases on the floor of the closet to live out of so that they do not take up any floor space. Not sure about the chair request...

The GF rooms are the biggest standard rooms on property, so the only way you could have more space would be by updating to a 1 or 2-BR villa elsewhere or a suite.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 07-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #495
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I've googled lots of video and pics of GF standard rooms and haven't come across pictures of the closet. An upgrade is not an option for us....we feel so blessed to even be able to stay there!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: