Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #421
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

I had one more thing I wanted to mention... doesn't have squat to do with Gflo... but:

Don't you just love the looks on a CM's face when you completely know more about something or everything at WDW then they do...

Oh and also,,, when we checked in... 3 different Mgrs.. including the resort mgr.. greeted us... They must know how much my wife spends at WDW/Gflo...
Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #422
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Hi pas130

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
CoachBagFanatic - doesn't that stink, when you finally book after agonizing but when you arrive realize you would rather have your first choice?! I know you had a great trip, anyway, and I think you are headed to the Grand on your next vacation, right?
Yeah, me and DH were kicking ourselves in the bum. As soon as we walked into the lobby we both looked at each other and said, we should have stayed here. Oh well, the GF will definitely be a part of our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC1969 View Post
I had one more thing I wanted to mention... doesn't have squat to do with Gflo... but:

Don't you just love the looks on a CM's face when you completely know more about something or everything at WDW then they do...
Their faces are priceless. This happened to us at the CR when we started talking to one CM about the GF DVC. I wish my DH would have taken a picture.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #423
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Good Morning everyone. We (me, DH and DS) have already started talking about our next visit to Disney. It won't be until 2014 as we want to bring 2 of Michael's friends on vacation with us next year and it will be very expensive if we go to Disney with that many people. We would either have to get 2 rooms or a suite. I am not staying in a regular room with 3 teenage boys. Also, I don't feel right asking for money as they are single parents. So it will be Virginia (Busch Gardens/Virginia Beach) for us next summer. Although I will miss Disney greatly, I am happy to be able to bring his friends.

But, we are talking about doing a split stay in 2014 Disney/Universal. OMG it just hit me. Michael graduates HS then.

Ok fighting the tears. We talked about the options of Poly CL/PBH or GF RPC/HRH. I was shocked when Michael blurted out the GF/HRH. I thought for sure it would be the Poly over anything else. So we have 2 years to make our 2014 HS graduation trip special.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #424
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post

But, we are talking about doing a split stay in 2014 Disney/Universal. OMG it just hit me. Michael graduates HS then.

Ok fighting the tears. We talked about the options of Poly CL/PBH or GF RPC/HRH. I was shocked when Michael blurted out the GF/HRH. I thought for sure it would be the Poly over anything else. So we have 2 years to make our 2014 HS graduation trip special.
It will be incredible! Glad he picked GF SO neat! And that is a great split IMO!

Your so sweet to bring his friends on vacation...no matter where you travel to Lucky boys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
pas130 -
I changed again this morning....yes again. in 1 month I'll be checking into RPC (deluxe king...hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Jungle Cruiser and Lulu's Mom - you are both in my thoughts and prayers. Stay positive.
They are both strong, amazing ladies aren't they
Old 07-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #425
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Does the GF have tennis courts? I have seen conflciting information. If so, do they have racquets and balls for use? And is there a charge?
Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #426
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It will be incredible! Glad he picked GF SO neat! And that is a great split IMO!

Your so sweet to bring his friends on vacation...no matter where you travel to Lucky boys!
I changed again this morning....yes again. in 1 month I'll be checking into RPC (deluxe king...hopefully)

They are both strong, amazing ladies aren't they
You know, any place that the three of us are together is incredible. Just add the GF to the mix and it will be super incredible.

Michael's friends are always at our house. We all sit down and have dinner together, watch TV and just talk. Something they don't get at home. To me it's an important part of a kids life is to have that family time together. They feel that at our house and they feel comfortable as well. Which makes me really happy. They are my other son's.

You are too funny with the changing.

You are correct, they are both amazing ladies.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #427
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Does the GF have tennis courts? I have seen conflciting information. If so, do they have racquets and balls for use? And is there a charge?
Looks like the tennis courts have been razed for the DVC at GF.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #428
michashell
Mouseketeer

k&a&c'smom and bethclayton
Thanks so much for the birthday tips for my son! Great ideas! I love the personalized shirt from etsy idea and all of the pirate stuff. I do remember seeing this on one of the travel shows before we had kids.

We are excited to introduce our children to The World. It will be such a wonderful and different experience for all of us.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #429
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Does the GF publish some sort of daily or weekly itinerary showing any pool activites, movies on the beach, etc.? anywhere to see a copy?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #430
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

MAJOR refurbs for the Grand this fall...

http://allears.net/acc/faq_gf.htm?ut...edium=facebook

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #431
Parrotheadgoofy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Good Morning everyone. We (me, DH and DS) have already started talking about our next visit to Disney. It won't be until 2014 as we want to bring 2 of Michael's friends on vacation with us next year and it will be very expensive if we go to Disney with that many people. We would either have to get 2 rooms or a suite. I am not staying in a regular room with 3 teenage boys. Also, I don't feel right asking for money as they are single parents. So it will be Virginia (Busch Gardens/Virginia Beach) for us next summer. Although I will miss Disney greatly, I am happy to be able to bring his friends.

What you are doing for the boys is so nice. They will always remember it! We live within 45 minutes of both BG and VA Beach. Let me know if you need any local info.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #432
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm...after hearing some of the recent closures for GF im starting to get worried...Looks like both Gasparilla Grill and the Courtyard Pool are going to be closed during my stay...I was really looking forward to some relaxing pool time...and now all that will be available is the beach pool with all the ugly construction around it (at least it looked that way in May - not sure if this is still the case?) ...thoughts? Is all this construction/refurbs throwing a wrench in anyone else's plans? Just so hard to justify $400/night to look at construction walls and not use all the resort offerings
Old 07-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #433
micknme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Hmmmm...after hearing some of the recent closures for GF im starting to get worried...Looks like both Gasparilla Grill and the Courtyard Pool are going to be closed during my stay...I was really looking forward to some relaxing pool time...and now all that will be available is the beach pool with all the ugly construction around it (at least it looked that way in May - not sure if this is still the case?) ...thoughts? Is all this construction/refurbs throwing a wrench in anyone else's plans? Just so hard to justify $400/night to look at construction walls and not use all the resort offerings
I'm beginning to worry as well. I love the beauty and serenity of the courtyard pool as we walk to the main building so I'm really starting to question our choice of resort. I love the GF but I'm thinking maybe this year I should give another resort a try....
Old 07-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #434
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
I was going to switch to the Poly but now they are telling people over there that the pool will be open to GF guests also since the pools over at the GF are going to be worked on

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #435
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Oh no!! where did you hear this information and is it reliable?? We arebgoing thelast week of August and had I known both pools would be closed I would not have booked it! What is the dates you heard for all these closings?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: