Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #376
GFmom
Earning My Ears

Photopass +

Can I exchange my pre-order PhotoPass + voucher at the Mouse Mercantile in the GF or do I need to go to DTD or a Park?
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #377
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Thank you again! Very helpful! Doesn't anyone know of a link to a recent TR to GF? Also, are there any plan to close down any pools in late August or the future for the construction? I know if the beach pool was closed that would be a deal breaker for my kids. I'm getting so very excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #378
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
Thank you again! Very helpful! Doesn't anyone know of a link to a recent TR to GF? Also, are there any plan to close down any pools in late August or the future for the construction? I know if the beach pool was closed that would be a deal breaker for my kids. I'm getting so very excited!
Ha! You picked the GF too did you?
We aren't worried about the construction at all. I look at it this way, it may not be ideal, but I have never known Disney to do anything in a messy guest disturbing way. Sure we'll notice the area being worked on, but I am not seeing huge complaints about the state of things.

We are very much looking forward to the monorail access. I too had a hard time deciding between the Grand and Yacht club as you know. But we stayed at the Boardwalk last summer and it's been 2 years since the Poly so we thought we'd mix things up a bit

I think we're all going to have a wonderful time. We are bringing dd's friend with us and not telling her she's staying at GF. I can not wait to see her reaction. She is so grateful to be coming at all and is such a wonderful kid!!

I am also excited to break free of the ddp to be honest. We rarely eat the dessert and it's nice to have different restaurant options and to be able to order 2 appetizers or just an entree or whatever I feel like eating! My ds was having trouble with the same few choices on the kids meals last time too. He'll still get them most of the time but I am sure he will get to be more adventurous which is great.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #379
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I was just about to message you "piglet" yes...we were assigned a new agent who convinced us to go for the GF. While I do have a confirmation number, it doesn't say any tickets....but she said not to worry?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #380
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just about to message you "piglet" yes...we were assigned a new agent who convinced us to go for the GF. While I do have a confirmation number, it doesn't say any tickets....but she said not to worry?

Mine is the same. I am pretty sure the tickets they give you with their packages are promotional and that's why they can't be upgraded. It would also be why they don't show up on the official confirmation. I think they are listed on the confirmation I got from the agency in my email.. but they don't show on the website.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #381
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Beach pool, as k&a&c'smom said is still open. It has been open the whole time. There are walls up, but there are lounge chairs and you can still order food to be delivered.

CM's have reported to guests who have stayed there recently that the courtyard pool is going to be under construction, to make it zero entry starting in late August, when the construction is done at the other pool. I think everyone is confident that both pools will not be impacted at the same time.

There are lots of brief trip reports posted on this thread. I don't know of any specific GF reports on the Trip Report thread, but I am sure they are there.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #382
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Ugh.....really?! That must be why there was such a great deal for the end of August. so if they start to work on the courtyard pool (which don't a lot of rooms face it?)... And then while still open...the beach pool will still have all the fencing up? That would greatly impact a stay and feel for the entire resort...
Old 07-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #383
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets
Ugh.....really?! That must be why there was such a great deal for the end of August. so if they start to work on the courtyard pool (which don't a lot of rooms face it?)... And then while still open...the beach pool will still have all the fencing up? That would greatly impact a stay and feel for the entire resort...
Definitely has no relation to the rate you got! Disney very rarely discounts rooms during construction.

Construction at the courtyard would definitely have a greater impact on the entire resort since it is so visible, but I would not automatically assume that it will start when you are there or that it will be a huge eyesore.

I would stay posted and hope for the best! If you learn that both will be fenced off/worked on while you are there, then a switch might be in order.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #384
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
BlessedwithTriplets -

beckysko - thanks for that photo! Do you mind if I copy it to the first page?
For sure! I have a bunch more photos that I will upload, now that I have figured it out!! Once the baby is in bed!

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 07-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #385
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Definitely has no relation to the rate you got! Disney very rarely discounts rooms during construction.

Construction at the courtyard would definitely have a greater impact on the entire resort since it is so visible, but I would not automatically assume that it will start when you are there or that it will be a huge eyesore.

I would stay posted and hope for the best! If you learn that both will be fenced off/worked on while you are there, then a switch might be in order.

I agree...just wish I knew for sure! I called the GF and the person I spoke with said as of now she sees no information on upcoming construction on the courtyard pool...but who knows!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #386
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Random GF photos...

From our recent trip to GF! My husband's work had a conference there, and this was the welcome amenity in the hospitality suite: chocolate boxes full of chocolate with the GF pic on them! They are entirely edible (some of it was eaten in this pic...)

I did laundry (baby stuff) while I was there (in the main building). I do NOT recommend it! The laundry 'facility' is sooo hard to find (2 staff members didn't know where it was and one of them has worked there for 25 years!) There is ONE washer and ONE dryer. And there is no seating in the room (but there is an ice machine) so I brought a book and sat on the floor in the hallway. Here are some pics from that:

and this framed picture is on the wall in the laundry room:

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 07-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #387
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I hope all the buildings don't have only one washer and dryer?! I plan on doing laundry this trip....trying to save money and bring one less suitcase. I imagine most of the guests of the GF don't do laundry
Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #388
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Suite in Main Building

We had 3 adjoining rooms in the main building, 5th floor. One was 2 Queen beds, the middle room was a living room type with a pullout couch and a wetbar area, and the third was a King bedroom.

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #389
beckysko
Mouseketeer

We had some great views from our room!

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #390
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

beckysko

Thank you for the photos. It's always nice to see new photos of rooms we've never seen. The photos of your view are beautiful.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: