Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #3676
garada3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Hi all! Here's a couple of pics of VGF construction 8/14/13!
Thank you for the pictures!

At first glance there was something about the DVC building that made me uncomfortable. It is the windows in the dormers! They look like empty eyes to me.

Perhaps there is a protective film over them until construction is over and the appearance will improve, but I think it is the lack of the balcony in this space that is bothering me.

Silly I know but I thought you all might understand my reaction.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #3677
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
can anyone tell me what stop GF is on ME? does it change each time or is it usually the same? We are getting in at 6:30 pm and wondering about how long it is going to take us to get to the resort.
For some reason the GF is usually the last stop on the ME Monorail resort drop off..at least thats been our experience on the last several trips... I think total time to resort is about an hour or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
BlueSkies thank you for asking about RPC. Something strange is happening because all rooms in SL for May are now booked.

When we were there in July, there was a campfire and movie near the waterfall pool. There is a new fire pit over that way.
You're welcome! I meant to get over to the beach area to check on that..but just never did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
No BB for Late January, early Feb 2014?
SueM I do think ( at least I hope so!!) there will be a BB for late Jan/early Feb..and other dates too in 2014 too..as there has been in the past..I just asked hoping that maybe they were already available...just not yet in the printed literature...but so far only FD..which does not interest our family personally...I much prefer a RO discount...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garada3 View Post

At first glance there was something about the DVC building that made me uncomfortable. It is the windows in the dormers! They look like empty eyes to me.

Perhaps there is a protective film over them until construction is over and the appearance will improve, but I think it is the lack of the balcony in this space that is bothering me.

I does kind of look that way! LOL..Lets hope there is some kind of construction covering on them for now..

Trishadono Great pics!

davale4 Seems that we might have been at the GF at the same time...wonder if we crossed paths in the lounge???

k&a&c's mom How is that new thread coming along..??? LOL..I kow what you mean about looking thru the pictures...Makes me wish I was back at the GF too...

MickeyNut How is the December planning going??? Any resort changes before or after the cruise... Just wondering!!!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 08-15-2013 at 01:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #3678
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Great pics! Cant wait for our visit..2 1/2 weeks!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #3679
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Blue Skies - welcome back, glad you had a magical vacation. Thanks for the updates! I imagine you ARE wishing you were back at the Grand, always the way after a wonderful trip.

LOL about the new FAQ (smashing computer - so apt!)! It is almost ready, I was going through my most recent photos this morning, trying to get everything lined out. I'm going to try to start the new thread today or tomorrow.

Please, everyone, do not post in the new thread until I remove the "under construction" title, as I need to be able to grab those first page posts for all the photos and text.

trishadono - thanks for the photos! Beautiful. Hope you enjoyed HS and RR.

Do you mind if I copy one of your photos to the Villas section of the new FAQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
When we were there in July, there was a campfire and movie near the waterfall pool. There is a new fire pit over that way.
Thanks for the update, I'll add this to the first page of the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi I'm so excited I just changed our 9/18-9/28 BC CL stay to a split stay with GF RPC 9/18-9/22 & then BC CL 9/22-9/28. I'm excited and nervous at the same time bc we've only stayed at BC, which we absolutely love! I know nothing about the GF so I'm looking forward to reading and learning from this thread. Has anyone else here stayed at both BC & GF CLs? How do they compare to each other & which do you prefer and why? Thanks!!!
Very excited for you! We love doing a BC/GF split (or YC!), love both resorts.

I doubt you are going to get many posts giving the BC CL top billing, here on the GF FAQ! We are pretty biased, after all. I have not stayed in BC CL, but have in YC. We enjoyed it very much, the CMs were lovely and we had a great time. We've stayed CL at AKL, BWI, WL, YC and the Grand, and though we enjoy most of them, the Grand remains at the top of our list for service and amenities. And RPC is the very best - as others have posted, the lounge area can't be beat, CMs are great and the food service is fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Yes, thanks! Our hotel is half a block from the beach. And the weather had been great. Blue skies! No rain! We go visit my mom in her assisted living then do a little shopping ( of which I'm now cutting myself off, till Disney of course!) then head back to spend the afternoon at the beach.
Can't believe we leave Saturday for wdw! What do vacays fly by? I want them to go slooow
Glad you are having such a good time. You are so right, the days leading up to vacation sloooow down, then the days during vacation speed up! Not fair!

Quote:
Thanks so much for the info! I'm sure that my dd5 & 2 are going to love it!! We had a tough couple months in the beginning of the year health wise and I really want to see them have the best time! I'm hoping that this wont be an issue at at during our stay but DD2 has arthritis. Thank god it's under control right now. But just curious if you get a room not on the 4th floor can it be a long walk from your room to the lounge? Sorry just 2 more questions: can you see Wishes from the Lounge & what is considered a standard room view?
Sorry about your struggles with health issues, it's just the worst when kids are sick. I think your girls will fall in love with the resort.

Don't worry, even the furthest room in RPC is pretty close to the lounge.

Standard room views will be either the courtyard pool or the beach pool and DVC building.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #3680
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garada3 View Post

I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out, I wonder what is in those "windows"? Screens, maybe - for air circulation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Great pics! Cant wait for our visit..2 1/2 weeks!!!
Two and a half weeks, woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
The GF will do that to you . Thanks for keeping up this thread.....you do a great job .
Aww, thanks. I get a lot of help from all of you.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #3681
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Very excited for you! We love doing a BC/GF split (or YC!), love both resorts.

I doubt you are going to get many posts giving the BC CL top billing, here on the GF FAQ! We are pretty biased, after all. I have not stayed in BC CL, but have in YC. We enjoyed it very much, the CMs were lovely and we had a great time. We've stayed CL at AKL, BWI, WL, YC and the Grand, and though we enjoy most of them, the Grand remains at the top of our list for service and amenities. And RPC is the very best - as others have posted, the lounge area can't be beat, CMs are great and the food service is fabulous.

Glad you are having such a good time. You are so right, the days leading up to vacation sloooow down, then the days during vacation speed up! Not fair!

Sorry about your struggles with health issues, it's just the worst when kids are sick. I think your girls will fall in love with the resort.

Don't worry, even the furthest room in RPC is pretty close to the lounge.

Standard room views will be either the courtyard pool or the beach pool and DVC building.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the info, I just got off the phone with Wdw to pay my balance so now it's official! I'm so excited!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #3682
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut How is the December planning going??? Any resort changes before or after the cruise... Just wondering!!!
I think we're set . We are booked CR CL for prior to the cruise and Poly CL for after. I looked into a VGF 1 BDRM but my DH wants to try the CR, so I went with that.....and I have to try my beloved Poly's CL, so that's how I made my resort decisions . The CR will be nice to try and I have been wanting to try Poly CL for some time, so I'm excited and can't wait for December to get here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Cant wait for our visit..2 1/2 weeks!!!
Have a great trip .

Quote:
I just got off the phone with Wdw to pay my balance so now it's official! I'm so excited!
How exciting.....it's always a great feeling to be paid in full .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #3683
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
I have been fortunate to watch the construction process. By far right now is very minimal compared to other trips. I was down here in April and May this year and march, may and November last year.

I really don't think it is a problem now. All the pools and restaurants open. Beach access again too. Later I will post a pic I have I took from main building towards the construction.

However I have an engagement with dd and friend to hit HS and ride her (friend) first RR!!!

This is pic from main building(mercantile) towards VGF. Hope that helps Beth.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #3684
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Last one! Pic from Garden View tea room across the grounds.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #3685
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

thank you so much, trishadono! i really appreciate your taking the time to do that!

Old 08-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #3686
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
thank you so much, trishadono! i really appreciate your taking the time to do that!
You are welcome!

4:55 ME!going home day is so

Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #3687
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Has anyone that's staying soon been able to choose FP+ options? We arrive in 2 weeks and on MDE mine shows that there are options but says that it has to be within the window when I try to do anything?? huh? I admit I haven't paid much attention to the whole FP+ thing so I'm not sure if that's right or not.

PS-- beautiful pics trishadono!! Sorry it's time to for you to leave. It's always a terrible day!!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #3688
Welcome Home
Note to self: Disney magic is a given but everyday joy is a choice.

Blizzard Beach

I am trying to decide if we should go to Blizzard Beach while staying at GF or Beach Club. Does anyone know the bus route between GF and Blizzard Beach?
Old 08-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #3689
trishadono
DIS Veteran

K a c mom , help self to pics. In airport , gotta run.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #3690
Hulles
Martian Mickey

We have booked a standard view studio at Grand Floridian Villas for next June. Looking at the new construction pics im wondering what view we would likely have. I would guess we will be facing out the back and have a view of the monorail..?

any way to know where the studios would be located?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: