Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #3586
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
That's awesome! Love surprising my girls even though it is often impossible! We arrive Thursday morning for two nights before we cruise and my girls (DD14 and DD9) know it's the GF but they don't know we are in Sugarloaf. They love CL but we don't do it every time so the surprise should be a fun one.
I hope your girls enjoy their surprise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Me too!!!

Hey MickeyNut Cant wait!!!

Thanks MommyGina! I completely understand...lol.. I always feel that way after a Disney trip too .. .and cant wait to book the next trip...I think that might be in the top ten things on the list of signs that you are addicited to Disney! lol..

Congratualtions..you will love staying at the GF..... For some special mother daughter time I would highly recommend the afternoon tea...

What a nice surprise! Enjoy!

jd99 What a nice pre cruise surprise! Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You're going to love the GF .

Have a great trip. What a great surprise for your DD....enjoy the GF .

Have a great time .
Thanks everyone for your good wishes! We decided to leave a day early for Seattle, and stay overnight, to do some exploring with my daughter who wants to go see Pike Place & Space Needle. And a couple of friends are joining us in Seattle! Flight Wednesday evening!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 08-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #3587
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

I know the fridge situation has been talked about ad nauseum but still gotta ask...

We check-in in 13 days...any one there now who can report back if they have a working fridge that you did not put a request in for? Just trying to plan out if I order a 24 pack as planned. I didn't put a request in since medically we don't need it and didn't want to take one from some one who does...

Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #3588
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadyrose View Post
I know the fridge situation has been talked about ad nauseum but still gotta ask...

We check-in in 13 days...any one there now who can report back if they have a working fridge that you did not put a request in for? Just trying to plan out if I order a 24 pack as planned. I didn't put a request in since medically we don't need it and didn't want to take one from some one who does...

Thanks!
I will be there in two days and will post if there is one in our room.
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 08-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #3589
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

I was there 2 weeks ago and did not have a working refrigerator. There was a sign on the refrigerator door about it not working. I requested for one to be in our room upon arrival. I was asked if it was for a medical need. I said no, it was not. There was not one in our room. We did buy a case of water and had room temperature water for the week.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #3590
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks everyone for your good wishes! We decided to leave a day early for Seattle, and stay overnight, to do some exploring with my daughter who wants to go see Pike Place & Space Needle. And a couple of friends are joining us in Seattle! Flight Wednesday evening!
How exciting to start your trip a day early . Enjoy Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #3591
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
Hi everyone!
Me, and my dd will be staying at the Grand in just 13 days. It just seems so surreal, that I will be staying there. This is truly a dream come true. So, I was just wondering from all you GF experts. Is there anything that is a must do at the GF. Thanks
Another vote here for the walk to/from the Poly...we always plan a morning walk there when we have breakfast at the Kona Cafe. We also try to fit in a dusk stroll if we have dinner booked at the Kona. It was a lovely walk before all the construction walls were up - it's still enjoyable, but I'm not sure how much of the wall has come down.

Enjoy your stay at the GF...you will fall in love with it!

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #3592
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for the awesome ideas.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #3593
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99

Thanks! Have a great trip!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #3594
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

From a report on Facebook...

Just wanted everyone to know that was worried about refrigerators that I got a report from Disney that they completed refrigerator replacement at the Polynesian, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

You know... it might have to do with the type of cabinets they go in and what is available to replace... Hopefully the Grand will be done soon....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #3595
donald duck rocks
Earning My Ears

Was there 2 weeks ago. We had no refrigerator when we checked in for the first 2 days then while we were out a new refrigerator was delivered and placed in our room for the remainder of the trip.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #3596
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, GF lovers! Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I know I've missed a lot of you heading to WDW - hope your stays were magical.

Tink rules and donald duck rocks, thanks for the update on the fridge situation. I hope they replace them quickly, I hate the lack of refrigerator in a resort room.

Sue M - congrats on your extra day, enjoy your time in Seattle. Safe travels (or are you already traveling? I get confused with the time difference!)

JoBird - Hey, you! Good to see you. I can't remember if there are TVs at the courtyard pool, but I think I have photos that should show them. BRB!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #3597
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I didn't have any close up shots of the courtyard pool bar in my Photobucket account, of course! So I figured it would be quicker if I googled for images and found some prior to the refurb - there were small TV screens behind the bar area. I'll see if I can copy the images below, if not I'll post a link.

I assume they would have kept the TVs, they did little to the bar in the refurb if I recall.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #3598
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed this before, but Monday is the only day for the parasol parade.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #3599
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if there are any plans to replace the bedspreads with duvets in the next 6-8 months (contemplating switching my 2014 Poly reservation to GF due to the potential construction and DW prefers duvets and will expect them at GF)?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #3600
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Just an update for the Poly DVC... they are taking 2 buildings out for DVC convert and asking people if they have booked Sept to move over to the Grand...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: