Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #3571
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
Hi everyone-As of yesterday we have switched from BLT to two rooms at the GF. We are thrilled.
You are going to love the GF .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Will be at the GF soon..
Hi Blue .....your trip will be here before you know it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #3572
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

my trip is getting close now! so excited! if i close my eyes i can almost hear the orchestra in the main building and smell the delicious smell of basin....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #3573
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

BethClayton and BlueSkies - Have a great time. Oh how I miss the Grand and it hasn't even been a month since I've been back home! I would appreciate any information about why RPC has been book 12 moths out already. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #3574
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
Me, and my dd will be staying at the Grand in just 13 days. It just seems so surreal, that I will be staying there. This is truly a dream come true. So, I was just wondering from all you GF experts. Is there anything that is a must do at the GF. Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #3575
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
Hi everyone!
Me, and my dd will be staying at the Grand in just 13 days. It just seems so surreal, that I will be staying there. This is truly a dream come true. So, I was just wondering from all you GF experts. Is there anything that is a must do at the GF. Thanks
This is our second time staying there, but we will be spending more time at the resort this time so I'm excited to hear others responses too!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #3576
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

I saw this for the very first time last month and we have stayed at the GF for the last 8 years. Every Monday around 8 am there is a parasol parade on the grounds. We were in the GF cafe having breakfast when it started. Grabbed my camera and ran outside. Hostess must have thought who is this idiot and what is she doing running outside! The parade starts before Gasparilla's and continues around the fountain.

If you are up and at the resort at that time, it's a must see.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #3577
Sue M
DIS Veteran

woohoo! Leaving Wednesday for Florida! 9 days in Ft Lauderdale, then driving up to WDW! Can't wait to check into GF and see my daughters face. She still doesn't know I booked 2 nights GF before our 12 nights YC!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 08-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #3578
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
woohoo! Leaving Wednesday for Florida! 9 days in Ft Lauderdale, then driving up to WDW! Can't wait to check into GF and see my daughters face. She still doesn't know I booked 2 nights GF before our 12 nights YC!
That's awesome! Love surprising my girls even though it is often impossible! We arrive Thursday morning for two nights before we cruise and my girls (DD14 and DD9) know it's the GF but they don't know we are in Sugarloaf. They love CL but we don't do it every time so the surprise should be a fun one.
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #3579
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
my trip is getting close now! so excited! if i close my eyes i can almost hear the orchestra in the main building and smell the delicious smell of basin....
Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
You are going to love the GF .

Hi Blue .....your trip will be here before you know it .
Hey MickeyNut Cant wait!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
BethClayton and BlueSkies - Have a great time. Oh how I miss the Grand and it hasn't even been a month since I've been back home! I would appreciate any information about why RPC has been book 12 moths out already. Thanks!
Thanks MommyGina! I completely understand...lol.. I always feel that way after a Disney trip too .. .and cant wait to book the next trip...I think that might be in the top ten things on the list of signs that you are addicited to Disney! lol..

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Congratualtions..you will love staying at the GF..... For some special mother daughter time I would highly recommend the afternoon tea...

Quote:
What a nice surprise! Enjoy!

jd99 What a nice pre cruise surprise! Have fun!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 08-05-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #3580
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
I saw this for the very first time last month and we have stayed at the GF for the last 8 years. Every Monday around 8 am there is a parasol parade on the grounds. We were in the GF cafe having breakfast when it started. Grabbed my camera and ran outside. Hostess must have thought who is this idiot and what is she doing running outside! The parade starts before Gasparilla's and continues around the fountain.

If you are up and at the resort at that time, it's a must see.
This is good to know. Does the parasol parade only occurs on a monday morning? We currently have a breakfast ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe (7am) so hopefully can catch it just after our breakfast.

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
Old 08-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #3581
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!
You're going to love the GF .

Quote:
Have a great trip. What a great surprise for your DD....enjoy the GF .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
We arrive Thursday morning for two nights before we cruise and my girls (DD14 and DD9) know it's the GF but they don't know we are in Sugarloaf. They love CL but we don't do it every time so the surprise should be a fun one.
Have a great time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #3582
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Checking in to say hi and a question for my GF peeps--

I can't for the life of me remember and there have been many discussions between my DH and I as to the answer to this-- but are there televisions at the Courtyard pool bar?

I ONLY ask bc the Gators are playing Miami one of the weekends we're there and there has been much gnashing of teeth in this house over whether or not we will have to *gasp* leave the pool area to see the game or not.

The first weekend of the season is covered- DH and Son are headed to Gainesville while us girls do the Princess-y thing but that second weekend!! The Horror!! It could be that we have to actually go to the ESPN Zone to watch it and that would just be a travesty of epic proportions, according to my 11 yr old, non football loving DD. It is her last day of being at the Grand after all. (Not that she wasn't just there less than 9 months ago, but I digress.)

Anyway--- long post I know--
Hope all is well with everyone and if you've got a trip coming up, that you're all ready to head to the Grand! I know we are!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #3583
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!
congrats on a dream come true. i hope you have a wonderful vacation. we may be there at the same time as you! also, happy birthday!

our first trip to GF we were very busy because it was my parents' first trip to WDW and we wanted to show them everything. so, we were not at the resort a lot. all of us regretted not having more time to "smell the roses" at the resort. so my recommendation to you is, really take some time there to explore and relax. you won't regret it. stroll around ALL the grounds. look in every store in the main building, there are some really unique treasures to be had. be sure to be in the lobby when the piano and orchestra play (evenings- i think the piano might start at 3 though). i love to grab a drink at the lounge and just wander around the main building in the evening and browse the shops. take time at the courtyard pool because it is just lovely. sit at the marina, maybe even take in the fireworks. take a walk to the boat dock- better yet, take the boat to the MK- it is one of my family's favorite things to do in disney. i realize none of these sound like much, but taking the time to really take in all the resort has to offer will be worthwhile.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #3584
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!
One of my favs is the boat that runs from MK to GF to poly in a loop. Take just one section or the whole round. You get to relax and feel part of the whole thing. Afternoon in the sun is pretty and at sunset wow. Also at evening so gorgeous. If you time it right you can see water pageant from the boat( did that in may) . Also the boat will sit out there during fireworks too sometimes.

Like other posters I like tea room and taking time to just walk, shop and explore the beautiful resort.

The cleaning ladies with parasols is a nice thing to do. Did that back in 2007 and still a special memory.

Mizners lounge on 2 nd floor is a nice place for a night cap too.

Lastly the walkway to poly is relaxing if you want to check out the new VGF and head over to Poly.

Have a great trip

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Old 08-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #3585
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
I will be at CBR but I am coming over to see progress of VGF(staying there in Jan). I will definitely ride a boat!

We love the smell of the lobby too

Enjoy!

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL , WLcl 19 17
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: