Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #3541
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I need to add the CL staff at WL is a close second to GF IMHO
ITA . My favorite is GF RPC, but WL CL runs a very close second for me as the WL CL staff, lounge, and food are all amazing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
Does anyone know when the next room refurb at the GF will be? From the pictures, it looks like the current rooms go back to 2007 or 2008. Thanks!
I remember reading something awhile back that the GF was next up for room refurbs, but I can't remember what the tentative time frame was. Hopefully someone else will have some information .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #3542
princessap
DIS Veteran

Subscribing to this thread!!! we decided on trying to get a studio or one bedroom at the villas for next fall (2014). I am getting excited about staying here which I never thought I would be (sorry).

anyone been successful renting VGF yet??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #3543
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have oictures of the pool with the construction wall down? Thanks!

Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #3544
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Came home last week from the GF and not all of the walls are down. They are down so you can see the beach from the waterfall pool.

About the next refurb. This is interesting. All of the main building rooms are unavailable for next July. I'm wondering if that its when the refurb will be done or if rooms have not been released. TA found that strange too.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #3545
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post

About the next refurb. This is interesting. All of the main building rooms are unavailable for next July. I'm wondering if that its when the refurb will be done or if rooms have not been released. TA found that strange too.

Ironically, no non-club level rooms are available the last week of January or the first of February for GF, BC, YC, CR, and maybe others (i can't remember them all). I can't imagine that they are all booked or that they would take that many rooms at one time out of commission. However, interesting about your experience with the RPC rooms in July.

2014: EP Area- BWI-CL Standard
2012: AK Area- CSR-Casita #1
2011: MK Area- Poly-Garden View-Tokelau

Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #3546
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks for all the advice on views. I changed my request to Boca Chica! I guess it will just require another stay so I can check out the marina view too!!
Great idea SueM

I asked about room refurbs when we were at the GF this past spring.. and no one seemed to know when they would be starting...I agree though that its really time...I figured probably some time after the VGF opens.. ...but who knows... Based on MommyGina's info about RPC rooms not being available next July maybe they are starting next spring or summer...

Hi MickeyNut

Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #3547
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
I asked about room refurbs when we were at the GF this past spring.. and no one seemed to know when they would be starting...I agree though that its really time...I figured probably some time after the VGF opens.. ...but who knows... Based on MommyGina's info about RPC rooms not being available next July maybe they are starting next spring or summer...
We were able to book an RPC room for late May- early June 2014. So, considering those July blackout dates, your guess seems a pretty good one, Blue Skies.

Last edited by followthatmouse; 07-31-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #3548
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

They are almost done at the Poly... they have decided not to do over Tahiti and will use that for DVC.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #3549
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Hi MickeyNut

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #3550
buckeyecinderella
Mouseketeer

Hello. For CL rooms, RPC or Sugarloaf? Which do you prefer and why? :-)
Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #3551
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyecinderella View Post
I like RPC for a few reasons. There is more space to sit and relax while eating. SL has a smaller area of tables to sit down. Also, you can hear the music from the lobby in RPC. Also like the fact that you don't have to get wet to catch the monorail. If you book TPV, you can watch the fireworks from your balcony or from your bed! That's just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #3552
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like SL. Prefer the smaller building (except when lounge is crowded), and love the fact that it is quick and easy to get to/from the pool for snacks, drinks, etc. Although I believe if staying RPC you can go there anyway.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #3553
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
Ironically, no non-club level rooms are available the last week of January or the first of February for GF, BC, YC, CR, and maybe others (i can't remember them all). I can't imagine that they are all booked or that they would take that many rooms at one time out of commission. However, interesting about your experience with the RPC rooms in July.
You may be right (though I'm not sure why it's "ironic") but I have a feeling the lack of availability of those rooms might have been a reservations system glitch. I encountered the same thing when I called two days last week but I called back Resort Reservations the next day and there was plenty of availability. . .

so I booked a room!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #3554
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I prefer RPC as the lounge is much more spacious and I like the atmosphere better in the main building with pretty views, vs no views from the SL lounge. It's also nice sitting in the lounge while listening to the band play in the lobby. I'm glad I tried SL, but I thought the lounge was too small with not enough seating to accommodate the number of people that stay there.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #3555
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone... I'm visiting from the CR board and wanted some help.

We are currently booked in two theme park view rooms at the CR, but with the room discounts that came out today, we can save 3K by moving to 2 garden view rooms at the Grand.

My parents are traveling with us, and it is really important for my dad to be able to watch the fireworks every night... is there a good spot at the Grand to watch from?

TIA

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: