Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #3496
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

...Our trip is no too far off..and I am starting to check the weather... dont know why I do because besides pre trip stressing..LOL..I also give myself weather stress...Just hoping for no tropical storms!
I find myself doing that all the time...just this week I was checking and stressing out about it .

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #3497
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Blue skies : I put the link for allears menus in my iPhones bookmarks. I am amazed ow many times at disney and even at home I have the need to check a menu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #3498
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Oh guys, sorry, didn't even think about taking a pic of the menus. Yes, my fav lobster Mac and cheese is gone We seemed to end up there alot this past trip. The made to order salads and pasta were hits with us as were the different flatbreads. You still get a good bang for your quick service credit!
I read about that too, so sad the Lob Mac & cheese, and lob salad are gone . But the menu at the pool bar looks like they have some good selections I want to try!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #3499
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Well our boarding passes are printed, and we are leaving in the morning !
5 days in Grand Flo, Sugarloaf , and 6 days at our "home" away from home ........BC Deluxe CL.

BC is like old hat to us, but we are very excited for our GF stay.........this will be our first time (although we visit ALL the time when at WDW).

Cant Wait !!!
Grand Flo .......... here we come !

Syndrome
Safe travels! We are staying GF then YC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Back from the GF. The fence around the CY pool was fine. It blended in nicely. I liked the new flatbreads at Gasparilla's. It is always beautiful at the GF. Concierge was outstanding as usual. However, my son got the influenza A flu while there. Emts were called, security was called, manager was called all because DH asked for a doctor. GF provided a car to the walk in. When DS and DH got back, DS wanted 6 Mickey waffles. In room service would not do it. They would only make two. Oh well, settled on a roll from Gasparilla's. because it was 7 pm.
So sorry that happened. Last year we were at AKL CL & my (27 yr old) daughter got the stomach flu . Poor thing was stuck in the room sick for 3 days. Glad we were in CL, she could go to the lounge for drinks, they kept her supplied with ginger ale.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #3500
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Room request decided, maybe!

At first I thought marina view, Sago. Now I think pool view, Big Pine? Thoughts? I thought it may be good people watching, all the comings & goings. And more where the action is, or would Boca Chica be a nicer view
Big Pine seems more central to main building, and beach pool too.

Still a surprise for daughter, I hope. Almost blew it the other day, phoned wdw for a question about my magic band, and we are staying at Pop our first night. So CM asks, you're just coming for 1 night (saw I'm from British Columbia)). I replied, no I also have 2 nights at GF, & 12 at YC. Daughter comes out, says, we're staying at GF I had to make up a lame story that I made a mistake. I think she bought it

Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #3501
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Still a surprise for daughter, I hope. Almost blew it the other day, phoned wdw for a question about my magic band, and we are staying at Pop our first night. So CM asks, you're just coming for 1 night (saw I'm from British Columbia)). I replied, no I also have 2 nights at GF, & 12 at YC. Daughter comes out, says, we're staying at GF I had to make up a lame story that I made a mistake. I think she bought it
Our trip is also a surprise for the kids. I was talking to my cousin two days ago about our reservations, and I thought my daughter was asleep. When I passed by her room, she was coming out. I was soooo upset at myself. I'm guessing she didn't hear it because there was no reaction .

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #3502
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M
At first I thought marina view, Sago. Now I think pool view, Big Pine? Thoughts? I thought it may be good people watching, all the comings & goings. And more where the action is, or would Boca Chica be a nicer view

Here is why we choose Sago- we hang out at the courtyard pool, we run to Gasparillas all the time, we self park and use our car every day, if we do take the bus- the stop is right there, not going to MK for fireworks...Gasparillas and grass at the end of Sago great spots!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #3503
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good thing about GF is that there isn't a bad spot on property

We had Sago Cay once facing the lagoon side. Loved watching boats and monorail everyday. Also it was a straight shot to busses and lobby.

Since we are going to CBR this time I booked the tearoom to get that GF experience for dh's BFF. Dd also wants to wear her Lilly Pulitzer dress she bought at GF in April

I walked by the new courtyard pool in may but we were staying at poly so no swimming. Let me know how the new pool is. Next stop GF 1/14.

It looked really pretty at night but it appeared to have less actual swimming areas.

I just realized I am going to be there myself in a few weeks. I am NOT awake before coffee is consumed. Although I still can't swim there so let me know if you or dd liked it.

i hope she doesn't read boards, she might find out about her surprise. My dd would text from school. She reads allears regularly and let's me know if anything good going on. now I noticed her on these boards too.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #3504
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seems like just CR is testing in the MK resort area.

Actually I'm glad I'm able to pick up bands at the resort. I'm leaving for Florida 10 days before I drive up to WDW, from Lauderdale area. So it will be less stress worrying if I'll get the bands before we leave if they were mailed home.
I guess it works out, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Well I tried to get through it all but YIKES! That's a lot of reading!

I did learn a lot though, and will try to do more of the "homework" tomorrow.

Please tell me you didn't assign a "due date" for completion

Nope, no time limit.

Quote:

k&a&c'smom Thanks for all of those links ... Not quite sure how I feel about the whole magic band thing..but it does seems to be the wave of the future...
I love the new entry into the parks, but I haven't used the bands yet. Don't know if I'll like wearing something on my wrist at all times, especially plastic, but everyone says they are not noticeable. It does seem very convenient for anyone who is used to wearing a watch, bracelet, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Well our boarding passes are printed, and we are leaving in the morning !
5 days in Grand Flo, Sugarloaf , and 6 days at our "home" away from home ........BC Deluxe CL.

BC is like old hat to us, but we are very excited for our GF stay.........this will be our first time (although we visit ALL the time when at WDW).

Cant Wait !!!
Grand Flo .......... here we come !

Syndrome
Sorry I missed your send-off, hope you had safe travels and are enjoying the Grand.

Quote:
Back from the GF. The fence around the CY pool was fine. It blended in nicely. I liked the new flatbreads at Gasparilla's. It is always beautiful at the GF. Concierge was outstanding as usual. However, my son got the influenza A flu while there. Emts were called, security was called, manager was called all because DH asked for a doctor. GF provided a car to the walk in. When DS and DH got back, DS wanted 6 Mickey waffles. In room service would not do it. They would only make two. Oh well, settled on a roll from Gasparilla's. because it was 7 pm.
Oh, no! I'm so sorry about your son, hate it when anyone is sick on vacation. What was up with the "only 2" waffles thing?! Weird. I think I would have said, "I'll take 4 orders of those!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofanarchy View Post
Just booked a quick weekend getaway at the GF for Labor Day weekend. Just staying 3 nights, but it's a Magic Kingdom only trip, so should be fine. I had booked the Contemporary, but the thought of looking out my room at the GF knowing I could be staying there was too much.
YAY! Your trip will be here before you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Booked for the first time at GF for 2014 in June Coming from Bay lake Tower for the last two years, GF has alot to follow! haha we have a deluxe studio villa booked. It will be cool to try a different resort though. GF has always looked very nice as we passed by on the monorail.
Congrats, I know you will love the Grand. The new villas look awesome!

Quote:

Aww, I hope you were able to convince her. That is my luck, I cannot keep a secret when it comes to vacation. Always end up telling, somehow.

In regards to requests - keep in mind, Big Pine Key has a large number of garden view rooms that look into the back of the pool house. If you make that request, ask for a high floor, so you can get up above the roofline. In that case, of course, you risk having a dormer room, if that matters.

Boca is a great view and location (there are a few rooms in that building that look at the pool building, but they are far fewer and mostly the low floors). With the new pool fence, it is not as easy to cut through to the main building, but it's still a good location. Really, as someone pointed out, there aren't many bad spots in the resort.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 07-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #3505
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Link to the allears Gasparilla menu, it was updated in April 2013. It does not, however, mention "pasta your way" and I have a photo with that option from our late April trip. Didn't think to take one of all the menu items, like an idiot.

Check out the placards above the pasta station

Grill area
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #3506
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry your DS got sick ....glad he started to feel better soon after and wanted to eat .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofanarchy View Post
Just booked a quick weekend getaway at the GF for Labor Day weekend. Just staying 3 nights, but it's a Magic Kingdom only trip, so should be fine. I had booked the Contemporary, but the thought of looking out my room at the GF knowing I could be staying there was too much.
GF would have been my choice as well .

Quote:
Our trip is no too far off..and I am starting to check the weather... dont know why I do because besides pre trip stressing..LOL..I also give myself weather stress...Just hoping for no tropical storms!
How exciting.....your trip will be here before you know it . Don't stress over the weather.....it will be great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulles View Post
Booked for the first time at GF for 2014 in June Coming from Bay lake Tower for the last two years, GF has alot to follow! haha we have a deluxe studio villa booked. It will be cool to try a different resort though. GF has always looked very nice as we passed by on the monorail.
The GF is a beautiful resort.....you're going to love it . The villas look gorgeous.

Quote:
Boca Chica has a more direct view of the pool (IMO), but when we stayed in BPK, we had a nice view of the pool .

Quote:
I agree .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Link to the allears Gasparilla menu, it was updated in April 2013. It does not, however, mention "pasta your way" and I have a photo with that option from our late April trip.
Thanks for the link .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #3507
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davale4 View Post
Our trip is also a surprise for the kids. I was talking to my cousin two days ago about our reservations, and I thought my daughter was asleep. When I passed by her room, she was coming out. I was soooo upset at myself. I'm guessing she didn't hear it because there was no reaction .
Close one!! My daughter is 27, and gets harder to pull off surprises. I am convinced she has sonic hearing (for some things anyway )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Here is why we choose Sago- we hang out at the courtyard pool, we run to Gasparillas all the time, we self park and use our car every day, if we do take the bus- the stop is right there, not going to MK for fireworks...Gasparillas and grass at the end of Sago great spots!
So difficult. I go back and forth agonizing over resorts, room locations, everything!! There are things I like for both locations, ugh!

Quote:

We had Sago Cay once facing the lagoon side. Loved watching boats and monorail everyday. Also it was a straight shot to busses and lobby.

Since we are going to CBR this time I booked the tearoom to get that GF experience for dh's BFF. Dd also wants to wear her Lilly Pulitzer dress she bought at GF in April

I walked by the new courtyard pool in may but we were staying at poly so no swimming. Let me know how the new pool is. Next stop GF 1/14.

It looked really pretty at night but it appeared to have less actual swimming areas.

I just realized I am going to be there myself in a few weeks. I am NOT awake before coffee is consumed. Although I still can't swim there so let me know if you or dd liked it.

i hope she doesn't read boards, she might find out about her surprise. My dd would text from school. She reads allears regularly and let's me know if anything good going on. now I noticed her on these boards too.
too funny! We booked GF Tea this trip, but during our YC stay, after GF! Have to wait for my friend to arrive, and she arrives a week later then us. Last January we did the tea, very nice. But my daughter was sick with a stomach flu, and she was stuck in our room for 3 days at AKL. Good thing we were in CL, so she could wander up to the lounge for some Gingerale and stuff!
We booked it again since daughter missed out!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #3508
Sue M
DIS Veteran

k&a&c, and MickeyNut maybe I should change request to Boca? I think I remember people saying that about pool house obstructing some views in Big Pine. I did request high floor, but didn't check off Dormer cause I don't want that! Online seems to have a separate check box for dormer.

K&a&c, yes, glad they are holding band at resort, but I still can't figure out how I'll have my FP+ reservations accessed, as GF isn't in the current testing but my other 2 resorts are, guess I'll find out when we get there! It's clear as mud

Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #3509
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
k&a&c, and MickeyNut maybe I should change request to Boca? I think I remember people saying that about pool house obstructing some views in Big Pine. I did request high floor, but didn't check off Dormer cause I don't want that! Online seems to have a separate check box for dormer.
Both are great, IMO, but I agree with k&a&c'smom that your chances are probably better of getting an unobstructed view of the pool in Boca .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #3510
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom I am not a good secret keeper either...I cant seem to keep my trip excitemnt to myself!!! As for the bracelets..I was wondering about the comfort of wearing one also..especially in the summer heat?? My preference in bracelets tend to lean towards something in a precious metal..with maybe a few diamonds involved..LOL.. Thanks for the menu link!

SueM Another vote for Boca Chica here...I think it is so nicely located on the property..close to the dock and water launch...not to mention the courtyard pool...and with a garden view room you can have a lovely view of the main building..which is so pretty to look at..but most especially at night all lit up...

MickeyNut You know how I am ..with our trip right around the bend I am stressing about it all..LOL.. But..I figure if I remember to pack extra ponchos it will ward off the rain..!! Is that disney logic???

Trishadono I regularly check park hours..entertainment schedules..crowd levels...even if I dont have a trip coming up... I have 4 disney apps on my phone! What can I say...LOL.. and I bet I am not the only one???

Davale4 Keeping a trip a surprise is no easy task..glad that your DD didnt hear you... It will be a wonderful surprise...

So now I have been checking crowd levels... Dont usually go earlier August...and it seems the crowd levels are pretty high...might have to make some adjustments in our plans...I like to follow Josh's predictions from EasyWDW...the last few trips they seem to have been pretty on target...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: