Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #3481
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Well, phooey. I was hoping CF had posted in some of those threads, he usually has the answer. Robo often knows the score, but I'm not sure if he's a CM or just does a lot of research.

I wonder why the Grand isn't part of the test?!

I don't think of BC as international, btw, though I guess it technically is! We seem to treat North America as one entity in some contexts, too bad they won't use that reasoning for your bands.

Thanks about the mugs, I should do that, too. I always end up feeling like a miner, with all my stuff hanging on me! I prefer to go without a bag at all, but lately I take a VB cross body. Now that I need glasses to read, I have to bring something for those, anyway.

Thanks, that makes sense! Hopefully it will work the same way for those staying next month. The other resort in June was AKL Jambo, a friend barely missed that test!
Seems like just CR is testing in the MK resort area.

Actually I'm glad I'm able to pick up bands at the resort. I'm leaving for Florida 10 days before I drive up to WDW, from Lauderdale area. So it will be less stress worrying if I'll get the bands before we leave if they were mailed home.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 07-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #3482
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! When I get to the VGF page, I'll ask for specific details.

Which menus are you referring to? I'm so irritated with myself that I didn't ask for a new Gasparilla's menu in April. The other menus I link to are posted here on the DIS Resorts pages, I haven't even checked those recently. Maybe in the new FAQ, I'll link to allears, Deb keeps the menus over there current, at least in my experience.

If you mean the pages of the Private Dining menu, that has remained the same for as long as I've been staying at the Grand. To save room, I plan to link to an album of these photos in the next FAQ. Don't know why I didn't think to do that last year, when I first posted them. Probably lost some brain cells by that point, it was a lot of links, typing and cross reference.

Aren't the scones yummy?! We love having them, whether in CL or at afternoon tea in the Tea Room. LOL about using alcohol to soften the blow of a change in plans.
Yes I meant Gasparilla's, no more lobster Mac n cheese

I had tea room booked for dd and I but now I can cancel and have it (scones and trifle)in the lounge instead.

Sounds like lots of people going to SL

Have a great trip !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #3483
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sue M - I found a couple threads that relate to your earlier question about APs and FP+:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.ph.p?t=3144417

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131623

I'm going to do a search to see if your question about the test and a split stay has been asked/answered. BRB!

This thread might have some info, it starts out with questions about a split reservation. The OP seems to have two resorts in the test, but later in the thread they may answer your questions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142535

Still reading.

OK, I did a search for "magic bands test split stay" and these two threads came up. I haven't scanned through them to see if your specific question is answered, but thought I'd post the links if you want to scan through. If I get more time later, I'll do more research.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....est+split+stay

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....est+split+stay
Well I tried to get through it all but YIKES! That's a lot of reading!

I did learn a lot though, and will try to do more of the "homework" tomorrow.

Please tell me you didn't assign a "due date" for completion

I think for us I will need to get tickets ordered and delivered before 60 days with 10+ days, I think.

I don't do the ADR thing so not exactly sure.

We are rope drop people so I know we will get our RR, SMTN, TMtn,TT, TOT ETC's covered
Besides our favorite is People Mover.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #3484
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davale4 View Post
That is too funny...That is also our countdown. We are doing GF RPC and it is a surprise for my DD and DS. The RPC part is a surprise for DH. I told him it was sold out. Can't wait to see their faces.

We did the Fantasy last August...Your family will have a wonderful time .
Love RPC but we booked a bounceback and it wasn't available when I did it. But we love SL just as much especially being so close to the courtyard pool. We sailed the Fantasy last November and just loved it - more than the Dream - but probably because it was a seven day instead of five - you need more time on the big ships. Ready to really relax on this trip and hopefully turn off work for most of the time.
Upcoming: Magic Med July 14. Past: Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #3485
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Oh guys, sorry, didn't even think about taking a pic of the menus. Yes, my fav lobster Mac and cheese is gone We seemed to end up there alot this past trip. The made to order salads and pasta were hits with us as were the different flatbreads. You still get a good bang for your quick service credit!
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #3486
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
Love RPC but we booked a bounceback and it wasn't available when I did it. But we love SL just as much especially being so close to the courtyard pool. We sailed the Fantasy last November and just loved it - more than the Dream - but probably because it was a seven day instead of five - you need more time on the big ships. Ready to really relax on this trip and hopefully turn off work for most of the time.
The GF is such a beautiful resort...and then followed by the Fantasy, it couldn't get any better . And yes, enjoy and relax on your trip.

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #3487
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
GF SL..and then the Fantasy! Enjoy! We are fans of both CLs ...but you cant beat SL for a summer stay..especially with its proximity to the pool...

DetTigsGal Has the Gasparilla's menu changed significantly?? Lots of new items??

Hi MickeyNut!

k&a&c'smom Thanks for all of those links ... Not quite sure how I feel about the whole magic band thing..but it does seems to be the wave of the future...

Old 07-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #3488
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
GF SL..and then the Fantasy! Enjoy! We are fans of both CLs ...but you cant beat SL for a summer stay..especially with its proximity to the pool...

DetTigsGal Has the Gasparilla's menu changed significantly?? Lots of new items??

Hi MickeyNut!

k&a&c'smom Thanks for all of those links ... Not quite sure how I feel about the whole magic band thing..but it does seems to be the wave of the future...
Gasparilla's new menu is on Allears if interested.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #3489
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Well our boarding passes are printed, and we are leaving in the morning !
5 days in Grand Flo, Sugarloaf , and 6 days at our "home" away from home ........BC Deluxe CL.

BC is like old hat to us, but we are very excited for our GF stay.........this will be our first time (although we visit ALL the time when at WDW).

Cant Wait !!!
Grand Flo .......... here we come !

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, BC, BW, FW, GF, HHI,
Poly, POR, WL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 07-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #3490
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome
Well our boarding passes are printed, and we are leaving in the morning !
5 days in Grand Flo, Sugarloaf , and 6 days at our "home" away from home ........BC Deluxe CL.

BC is like old hat to us, but we are very excited for our GF stay.........this will be our first time (although we visit ALL the time when at WDW).

Cant Wait !!!
Grand Flo .......... here we come !

Syndrome
Have a "grand" time...it is our favorite although we are a Sago family
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #3491
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Back from the GF. The fence around the CY pool was fine. It blended in nicely. I liked the new flatbreads at Gasparilla's. It is always beautiful at the GF. Concierge was outstanding as usual. However, my son got the influenza A flu while there. Emts were called, security was called, manager was called all because DH asked for a doctor. GF provided a car to the walk in. When DS and DH got back, DS wanted 6 Mickey waffles. In room service would not do it. They would only make two. Oh well, settled on a roll from Gasparilla's. because it was 7 pm.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #3492
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Oh sorry to hear thatIt really stinks when you wait for your vacation and someone gets sick, always seems to happen to us. I hope you had a good time anyway.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #3493
sonofanarchy
DIS Veteran

Just booked a quick weekend getaway at the GF for Labor Day weekend. Just staying 3 nights, but it's a Magic Kingdom only trip, so should be fine. I had booked the Contemporary, but the thought of looking out my room at the GF knowing I could be staying there was too much.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #3494
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Gasparilla's new menu is on Allears if interested.
Thanks! Why didnt I think of that??? LOL..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Back from the GF. The fence around the CY pool was fine. It blended in nicely. I liked the new flatbreads at Gasparilla's. It is always beautiful at the GF. Concierge was outstanding as usual. However, my son got the influenza A flu while there. Emts were called, security was called, manager was called all because DH asked for a doctor. GF provided a car to the walk in. When DS and DH got back, DS wanted 6 Mickey waffles. In room service would not do it. They would only make two. Oh well, settled on a roll from Gasparilla's. because it was 7 pm.
Glad to hear that the resort was as lovely as ever..and the CL CM's outstanding..I agree on the as usual..a very fine group of CMs IMHO.. sorry about your DS being sick though...LOL on the 6 Mickey waffles..guess he was starting to feel better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofanarchy View Post
Just booked a quick weekend getaway at the GF for Labor Day weekend. Just staying 3 nights, but it's a Magic Kingdom only trip, so should be fine. I had booked the Contemporary, but the thought of looking out my room at the GF knowing I could be staying there was too much.
Totally understand that rationale!

Our trip is no too far off..and I am starting to check the weather... dont know why I do because besides pre trip stressing..LOL..I also give myself weather stress...Just hoping for no tropical storms!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #3495
Hulles
Martian Mickey

Booked for the first time at GF for 2014 in June Coming from Bay lake Tower for the last two years, GF has alot to follow! haha we have a deluxe studio villa booked. It will be cool to try a different resort though. GF has always looked very nice as we passed by on the monorail.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: