Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #3466
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
September 5 can not come soon enough.... I can't wait to be back at the Grand!!!!
It will be here before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Hi folks. At the GF now. Refrigerators are still in the room, but unplugged. There is a note on them not to reconnect them. No noise from construction from the DVC. Waterfall pool only has one stream of water coming down. A lot less than last year. The fence really isn't that bad.
Woohoo! Thanks for the updates, have a magical, Grand vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

....
k&a&c'smom Glad you are feeling better! And just in time to start a new FAQ! LOL... I think you will be having to add lots of new info with the VGF opening in the near future...
I know!! This is why I'm starting now, before I end up scrambling at the last minute.

I'm counting on everyone to help me with all the VGF info, I am totally clueless when it comes to DVC.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #3467
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
September 5 can not come soon enough.... I can't wait to be back at the Grand!!!!
September will be here before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Hi folks. At the GF now. Refrigerators are still in the room, but unplugged. There is a note on them not to reconnect them. No noise from construction from the DVC. Waterfall pool only has one stream of water coming down. A lot less than last year. The fence really isn't that bad.
Hope you're having a great time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I'm counting on everyone to help me with all the VGF info, I am totally clueless when it comes to DVC.
I wouldn't worry too much as I'm sure there will be lots of people to help you with VGF info .



Hi Blue
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #3468
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks, very informative! Wow, that is a big jump in price, I wondered if the money recouped would cover the upgrade in system, but I guess we see how that is possible.

We don't even drink soda, we just buy mugs as souvenirs - not nearly so many as in years past, when they had various designs for the resorts.



My guess is they considered and promptly rejected!

Thanks, I'm nearly all well, probably another day or so and it will be back to normal. Just in time to finish up the pages for the new FAQ.



Glad you were able to switch your second reservation and had a great stay at the Grand! We had the same experience, but the opposite - had forgotten how nice the Y&BC were until we visited a few years ago, now we have to split our time between the two.

Interesting about the fridge, I wonder if they will replace them all or just the ones that don't work properly? (in my experience, that will still be all, lol)
The only thing I use my mug for is coffee, tea, ice tea and lemonade. I like to mix the lemonade and ice tea. So really lemonade is the only thing in the soda fountain we use. None of us are pop drinkers.
We go Twice a year, so would be nice to be able to reprogram mugs.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #3469
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,351

Magic band question!

In August 2 of my resorts will be testing Magic Bands. GF is our middle stay and not testing. I wonder how this will work, as MDE has allowed me to pick FPs for our time at GF. But GF doesn't have the Magic Bands . So how will I access my FP+ so confusing. Ugh
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #3470
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
....


I wouldn't worry too much as I'm sure there will be lots of people to help you with VGF info .



....
Thanks, I'll need all the help I can get.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
The only thing I use my mug for is coffee, tea, ice tea and lemonade. I like to mix the lemonade and ice tea. So really lemonade is the only thing in the soda fountain we use. None of us are pop drinkers.
We go Twice a year, so would be nice to be able to reprogram mugs.
I don't drink coffee, but love Arnie Palmers, I don't know why I've never tried mixing at the fountain. Probably because I don't care for Country Time, or whatever type they use. I usually get one or two iced teas in my mug, I like Gold Peak but prefer fresh brewed so I often get iced tea in the table service restaurants and drink water the rest of the time. We keep a large bottle in the room.

We find the mugs a little inconvenient, I only use them at the resort. We hate having to keep track of them while touring.

Good tip, though, I'm going to try to remember for next visit! (unless they have ugly mugs, lol)

ETA: I do agree, it would be nice to reprogram the mugs. Seems it would be easy enough to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
In August 2 of my resorts will be testing Magic Bands. GF is our middle stay and not testing. I wonder how this will work, as MDE has allowed me to pick FPs for our time at GF. But GF doesn't have the Magic Bands . So how will I access my FP+ so confusing. Ugh
Ugh, that does sound like a dilemma. I'm getting ready to have dinner, but afterwards I'll see if I can find something on the Theme Parks board that relates - surely someone has asked this question.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #3471
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,150

Sue M - I found a couple threads that relate to your earlier question about APs and FP+:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144417

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131623

I'm going to do a search to see if your question about the test and a split stay has been asked/answered. BRB!

This thread might have some info, it starts out with questions about a split reservation. The OP seems to have two resorts in the test, but later in the thread they may answer your questions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142535

Still reading.

OK, I did a search for "magic bands test split stay" and these two threads came up. I haven't scanned through them to see if your specific question is answered, but thought I'd post the links if you want to scan through. If I get more time later, I'll do more research.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....est+split+stay

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....est+split+stay
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 07-21-2013 at 07:22 PM.
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #3472
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Sue M - I found a couple threads that relate to your earlier question about APs and FP+:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144417

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131623

I'm going to do a search to see if your question about the test and a split stay has been asked/answered. BRB!

This thread might have some info, it starts out with questions about a split reservation. The OP seems to have two resorts in the test, but later in the thread they may answer your questions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142535

Still reading.

OK, I did a search for "magic bands test split stay" and these two threads came up. I haven't scanned through them to see if your specific question is answered, but thought I'd post the links if you want to scan through. If I get more time later, I'll do more research.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....est+split+stay

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....est+split+stay
thanks!!! Going to start reading!

I do bring my mug into the parks, I like to fill it with ice water & Mio while walking around, esp in August. And it's a good way to keep a slush drink cold too! I attach mug by caribeiner to my purse strap.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #3473
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,351

Well there sure seems to be lots of speculation, but no body knows anything for sure. I think I'm going to have to wait to activate new AP at a Guest Relations, to continue FP+ selections after current AP expires.

But still have no idea about if I'll be able to use my FP+ selections I made during my GF stay since GF isn't part of the August test.

I never got an email inviting me to be a tester! But was able to pick band colours, and make FP selections, and did get an email from Disney Destinations saying I can pick up my bands at resort. They don't mail it to international visitors. ugh.

Guess its all clear as mud, lol!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #3474
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

When we were there, they had tested on those that checked in on June 21 at the CR and someplace else. I saw people at Gasparillas with magic bands on...I assumed they were split stays and had checked into one of those resorts on the 21st. The man in front of me used his to "pay" for his food. I would think once it is loaded, it's loaded for the whole trip?!?
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #3475
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Well there sure seems to be lots of speculation, but no body knows anything for sure. I think I'm going to have to wait to activate new AP at a Guest Relations, to continue FP+ selections after current AP expires.

But still have no idea about if I'll be able to use my FP+ selections I made during my GF stay since GF isn't part of the August test.

I never got an email inviting me to be a tester! But was able to pick band colours, and make FP selections, and did get an email from Disney Destinations saying I can pick up my bands at resort. They don't mail it to international visitors. ugh.

Guess its all clear as mud, lol!
Well, phooey. I was hoping CF had posted in some of those threads, he usually has the answer. Robo often knows the score, but I'm not sure if he's a CM or just does a lot of research.

I wonder why the Grand isn't part of the test?!

I don't think of BC as international, btw, though I guess it technically is! We seem to treat North America as one entity in some contexts, too bad they won't use that reasoning for your bands.

Thanks about the mugs, I should do that, too. I always end up feeling like a miner, with all my stuff hanging on me! I prefer to go without a bag at all, but lately I take a VB cross body. Now that I need glasses to read, I have to bring something for those, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
When we were there, they had tested on those that checked in on June 21 at the CR and someplace else. I saw people at Gasparillas with magic bands on...I assumed they were split stays and had checked into one of those resorts on the 21st. The man in front of me used his to "pay" for his food. I would think once it is loaded, it's loaded for the whole trip?!?
Thanks, that makes sense! Hopefully it will work the same way for those staying next month. The other resort in June was AKL Jambo, a friend barely missed that test!
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #3476
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,511

K&A&C's Mom. I would love to help with VGF! I am booked in a 2bdrm lake view for Jan2014. I have been doing lots of research.

Also I noticed the menus needs updating. If anybody there soon can you get pics of menus please?

Also I finally told family about our arrival on New Years Day(6:30pm). We will go to Sugar Loaf that night then move the next day to villas. We will save $$$$ and get dd fav scones and ds fav potato chips.

Is it wrong to ply our dh's with alcohol before giving them our change in plans

Can't wait for more info on the villas and magicbands
trishadono is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #3477
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
K&A&C's Mom. I would love to help with VGF! I am booked in a 2bdrm lake view for Jan2014. I have been doing lots of research.

Also I noticed the menus needs updating. If anybody there soon can you get pics of menus please?

Also I finally told family about our arrival on New Years Day(6:30pm). We will go to Sugar Loaf that night then move the next day to villas. We will save $$$$ and get dd fav scones and ds fav potato chips.

Is it wrong to ply our dh's with alcohol before giving them our change in plans

Can't wait for more info on the villas and magicbands
Thanks! When I get to the VGF page, I'll ask for specific details.

Which menus are you referring to? I'm so irritated with myself that I didn't ask for a new Gasparilla's menu in April. The other menus I link to are posted here on the DIS Resorts pages, I haven't even checked those recently. Maybe in the new FAQ, I'll link to allears, Deb keeps the menus over there current, at least in my experience.

If you mean the pages of the Private Dining menu, that has remained the same for as long as I've been staying at the Grand. To save room, I plan to link to an album of these photos in the next FAQ. Don't know why I didn't think to do that last year, when I first posted them. Probably lost some brain cells by that point, it was a lot of links, typing and cross reference.

Aren't the scones yummy?! We love having them, whether in CL or at afternoon tea in the Tea Room. LOL about using alcohol to soften the blow of a change in plans.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #3478
jd99
DIS Veteran
 
jd99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 6,146

Ok just have to post my countdown. 17 days until two nights at GF SL (the SL part is a surprise to my girls). Then seven nights on the Fantasy. Starting to really get excited.
__________________
Upcoming: Magic Med July 14. Past: Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
jd99 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #3479
Syndrome
Who's super now?
 
Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 877

WooHoo..........3 days to go and we will be in Sugarloaf ! Checking in on the 25th ! CANT WAIT !!!

Syndrome
__________________

Syndrome is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #3480
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun
 
davale4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
Ok just have to post my countdown. 17 days until two nights at GF SL (the SL part is a surprise to my girls). Then seven nights on the Fantasy. Starting to really get excited.
That is too funny...That is also our countdown. We are doing GF RPC and it is a surprise for my DD and DS. The RPC part is a surprise for DH. I told him it was sold out. Can't wait to see their faces.

We did the Fantasy last August...Your family will have a wonderful time .
__________________


DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: