Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #3436
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Hey, wondering if anyone knows an answer to this ......... odd question.
We are checking in to Sugarloaf in 14 Days .
It is rumored ......and highly debated that someone in our family snores ........ . Wondering if GF can provide some kind of fan or something similiar if we ask ? It would help with some backround "white noise" so I ..........errrrrr .........."someone" in the family wont keep everyone awake at night with the supposed snoring .
I guess we can ask the CL staff and see if they can help with something.
Anyone have any ideas ???

Thanks,
Syndrome
We use a white noise app on our phone or IPad...God forbid we sleep in a SILENT room in my family!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #3437
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is rumored ......and highly debated that someone in our family snores ........ . Wondering if GF can provide some kind of fan or something similiar if we ask ? It would help with some backround "white noise" so I ..........errrrrr .........."someone" in the family wont keep everyone awake at night with the supposed snoring .

Thanks,
Syndrome
I bring a small hepa filter and that helps for white noise and to freshen up the room.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #3438
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

We use the ceiling fan...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #3439
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

trishadono - congrats on getting everything together and finding decent rates for room and air! It really is tough to coordinate two school schedules with the Holiday rates - we did the same one year and waited until after the 1st for the better deals.

I wish I could help with the tickets, I am clueless about the new rules for Magic Bands and FPs. We usually buy our tix through Undercover Tourist if we do not have/are not buying APs, it is usually the cheapest option.

Syndrome - We take ear plugs with us, in case anyone needs to block out the noise. At the UO resorts, we are able to ask for fans from Star Services, but I don't think we've ever asked at WDW - not sure why! You could ask this question of IPO, if you do so please report back!

PrincessDisneyMom - what type of Hepa filter do you use? I'd love to be able to tote one along, but didn't realize they were in portable form.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 07-12-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #3440
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Thanks K&A&C's Mom. I wonder if our tickets need to be attached to our "disney experiences" and if so, will tickets purchased elsewhere like UT will work?

Hmmm has to be someone that knows

Well I am going to UT and price compare. Last time I did it was about the same but worth looking. Enough dissers use it so it must be reputable.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #3441
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Thanks K&A&C's Mom. I wonder if our tickets need to be attached to our "disney experiences" and if so, will tickets purchased elsewhere like UT will work?

Hmmm has to be someone that knows

Well I am going to UT and price compare. Last time I did it was about the same but worth looking. Enough dissers use it so it must be reputable.
UT is a WDW-approved seller - very reputable, we've used them for years as have friends. Your best price will be when you subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter, they have a designated link to UT that gives lower prices. They have good UO tix prices, too.

Have you checked out the Theme Parks Board for your FP/MDE questions? They have the best info, Cheshire Figment works in GS and is able to help with most tix questions. They may even have a sticky for this subject, I haven't been over there lately so can't say for sure.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 07-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #3442
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FINALLY !!! Have my Holiday plans!! Well almost

Ds in Hs and is off 12/20-1/5/14. dd first year in college and off 12/17-1/20(?).

Dd and I really wanted to try VGF and

Be home for Christmas

And have time to visit with friends

And not pay the ASTRONOMICAL rates at the end of December.

Problem was VGF only bookable 10/23-12/31... Until finally opened up for January!

So we taking jetblue direct on New Year's Day (Wednesday) and dh and ds16 will fly home Sunday 1/5. We got the VGF 2bdrm lake view and rate reasonable for all days except the 1st. We still can see some of the holiday decor and will have less crowds for parks too!

Then dd18 and I were able to use points for our return only if we flew home on the 8th. so we just have to stay a few days for our girl time. I am going to watch for a deal then with hopes of finally getting RPC! If not maybe Hawaii again or maybe even try BWI CL.

Phew! It is hard to find reasonable airfare, room to accommodate our fussy guys, reasonable room rate and everyone's schedules.

Couldn't do it without everyone's help.
Sounds like an amazing trip.....glad everything is coming together nicely .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #3443
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks,
Syndrome
My brother is a champion snorer! When we used to go together to our moms condo to visit, I made him buy those strips you put across your nose. They worked. Otherwise his snore could take down walls!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 07-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #3444
tanjiers
Earning My Ears

The one that snores I highly recommend a sleep study.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #3445
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
UT is a WDW-approved seller - very reputable, we've used them for years as have friends. Your best price will be when you subscribe to the Mousesavers newsletter, they have a designated link to UT that gives lower prices. They have good UO tix prices, too.

Have you checked out the Theme Parks Board for your FP/MDE questions? They have the best info, Cheshire Figment works in GS and is able to help with most tix questions. They may even have a sticky for this subject, I haven't been over there lately so can't say for sure.
I happened to notice someone mentioning signing up for mousesavers just this morning and signed up. Good to hear a second opinion from a reliable source.

I have never been to the Theme Parks Board but I guess I am getting desperate. What if some people in the party have annual passes and others don't? Just when we think we know what we are doing..BAM, now it is a whole new ball game with these MagicBands!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #3446
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I happened to notice someone mentioning signing up for mousesavers just this morning and signed up. Good to hear a second opinion from a reliable source.

I have never been to the Theme Parks Board but I guess I am getting desperate. What if some people in the party have annual passes and others don't? Just when we think we know what we are doing..BAM, now it is a whole new ball game with these MagicBands!!!
Exactly what I have been saying!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #3447
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Exactly what I have been saying!
Didn't find any ticket info over there but now I must have the Vera Bradley for Disney bags

Going back to the DVC board they seemed to have some good info last week, it was just getting so long I got lost

Well at least I have time to learn, only 160 days.

Oh and I got Tea Room for DD and I and of course our 2nd time at BOG!!

I like Tea Room the best. Chocolate covered strawberries and champagne here I come. DD loves the scones!!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #3448
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

BTW... with the magic bands... they've reported that spending by guests is up... so be careful with what you spend on!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #3449
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I think the VB bags will be out soon... at least by F&W... I need something to carry all that extra wine home in!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #3450
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I think the VB bags will be out soon... at least by F&W... I need something to carry all that extra wine home in!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: