Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #3271
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Syndrome - BTW, this is a photo of your #2 & #3 circled areas on the map, taken from the Main bldg. The grassy area of #1 is behind that big tree in the center of the photo. SL bldg. on the left, Boca in the upper right.

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #3272
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
You are welcome! LOL about the excitement for BC being less - we love it, too, but GF is our favorite.

The movies are in the #1 area, between SL and Boca. In the first photo, with the movie screen, you see Boca behind the screen. In the photos from Boca, you are looking at the pool, and ground level you have Boca behind you. HTH!

There are no turret rooms on the marina side, sorry. They are, indeed, a little bit bigger with a nice sitting area - but they do not have a daybed. You can request a rollaway, if needed.

Thanks for the help. I didnt know there were no turret rooms on the marine side.
I have seen several floorplans of them, and they had daybeds in the plans .
Did they take the day beds out of the turret rooms ?

Actually a daybed is pretty important to us, and now I remember that we requested one . We will likely need a rollaway too since none of our 3 kids will want to share a bed. Hopefully there is enough room for a rollaway.

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #3273
appledown
Earning My Ears

We are at GF!!! We ended up in Big Pine Key, but a little pixie dust blew our way and we got a lagoon view room on an upper floor. It's perfect! Close to pools and monorail, but quiet and we watched the parade from the balcony.

I was not prepared by how beautiful it is.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #3274
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledown View Post
We are at GF!!! We ended up in Big Pine Key, but a little pixie dust blew our way and we got a lagoon view room on an upper floor. It's perfect! Close to pools and monorail, but quiet and we watched the parade from the balcony.

How exciting for you!!! Have a wonderful trip!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #3275
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:

oohhh........how exciting for you .

Enjoy your vacation !!!

Post some pics if get some extra time ........

Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, HHI,
OKW, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #3276
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

Do they do smores somewhere?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #3277
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan'08 View Post
This morning we were able to switch our Bay Lake Tower reservation over to the Grand Floridian Villas for January! Now I'm going crazy looking up and reading everything I can possibly find about the Grand Floridian and its villas!

Just looking at all the pictures is making me even more excited!!!!! It just looks so peaceful and I could see this becoming one of our new favorite hotels!
Congrats on on switching to VGF . The GF is a beautiful resort and I'm sure you're going to love it. We've never stayed in a villa as we don't really need the extra space and I don't cook or do laundry on vacation, but the GF villas look beautiful and I may just have to stay there at least once on a future trip to check them out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Just booked 2 bedroom villa at GF for December!!! Can't wait to see in person. After several family trips at BLT we are hoping it will be as nice. We like walking to MK and losing that 3rd bathroom not good but its GRAND FLORIDIAN!!!
Happy dance time
How exciting .

Quote:

Congrats on the upgrade . I hope you're having a great time and enjoying the GF .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #3278
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Thanks for the help. I didnt know there were no turret rooms on the marine side.
I have seen several floorplans of them, and they had daybeds in the plans .
Did they take the day beds out of the turret rooms ?

Actually a daybed is pretty important to us, and now I remember that we requested one . We will likely need a rollaway too since none of our 3 kids will want to share a bed. Hopefully there is enough room for a rollaway.

Syndrome
You are probably seeing the sofa, not a daybed. The sofas used to be fold-outs, but they removed those in 2007 when they did the soft goods refurb. Now, they are just a sofa, no bed.

A rollaway in a regular room may be a little tight, but should work. Have you looked at the photos of the standard rooms to see how much room there is? A request for a turret room might be succesful, but there are only 3 of them, if I recall (2nd, 3rd and 4th floors) so they could be filled when you check in.

Good luck, I feel your pain! We have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl, and they rarely wanted to sleep with one another. "MO-om, he's touching me!"

ETA: here's a link to the 2010 thread, should be page 2 (if not, go to page 2!). Scroll down to post #25, there are some photos of the lodge tower room prior to the 2007 renovations. The sofa no longer folds out and the decor is changed, but you can get an idea of the room layout. Post #26 & 27 show a few more. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2427062&page=2

Quote:

YAY! So glad you are loving the resort, and congrats on the upgrade. Enjoy your vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
Do they do smores somewhere?
There used to be a campfire on the beach, but that was discontinued when the DVC construction began.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 06-23-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #3279
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

congrats on the pixie dust!
I'm still undecided on marina or pool view

Quote:
You are probably seeing the sofa, not a daybed. The sofas used to be fold-outs, but they removed those in 2007 when they did the soft goods refurb. Now, they are just a sofa, no bed.

A rollaway in a regular room may be a little tight, but should work. Have you looked at the photos of the standard rooms to see how much room there is? A request for a turret room might be succesful, but there are only 3 of them, if I recall (2nd, 3rd and 4th floors) so they could be filled when you check in.

Good luck, I feel your pain! We have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl, and they rarely wanted to sleep with one another. "MO-om, he's touching me!"

ETA: here's a link to the 2010 thread, should be page 2 (if not, go to page 2!). Scroll down to post #25, there are some photos of the lodge tower room prior to the 2007 renovations. The sofa no longer folds out and the decor is changed, but you can get an idea of the room layout. Post #26 & 27 show a few more. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2427062&page=2

YAY! So glad you are loving the resort, and congrats on the upgrade. Enjoy your vacation.

There used to be a campfire on the beach, but that was discontinued when the DVC construction began.
When we stayed at Poly, they shared the campfire and movie with GF. It was somewhere in the middle? It was in january, so maybe they dont share 1 anymore? But if you wanted to do the campfire you could go over to Poly.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 06-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #3280
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Syndrome - BTW, this is a photo of your #2 & #3 circled areas on the map, taken from the Main bldg. The grassy area of #1 is behind that big tree in the center of the photo. SL bldg. on the left, Boca in the upper right.

Great photo! This isn't making my decision any easier
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #3281
trishadono
DIS Veteran

For anyone curious , I tried booking GF villas yesterday (23rd) online. After it would not show up online to book I tried calling. I was told at 9:30am EST that GF was not available to book.

I kept looking all day just in case. Then around 7p I checked just in case it was there and yep!!!!! It was available!!

I am going to try renting points for the first time. I can save $$$$$ for the dates I have. Unfortunately two of the recommended sites still don't show GF Villas yet

The details in these rooms look wonderful. Watch the video on dvc news.com if haven't seen it yet
Old 06-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #3282
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

on boy no campfire, that is almost a deal breaker for my DS, lol. We go all the way to wdw and that is what he looks forward to the most. Perhaps when the beach is opened up by that pool things will change.
I am also confused, can someone explain to me turret vs dormer rooms? Thanks!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #3283
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
on boy no campfire, that is almost a deal breaker for my DS, lol. We go all the way to wdw and that is what he looks forward to the most. Perhaps when the beach is opened up by that pool things will change.
I am also confused, can someone explain to me turret vs dormer rooms? Thanks!
The turrets are the ones shaped like octagons (ish). The dormer rooms are the top floor which are smaller rooms with vaulted ceilings and the balconies are smaller but private(not shared). The turrets are sold as "deluxe" rooms because you get more square footage. In Sugarloaf however they are available by request only.

Hope that helps
Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #3284
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
For anyone curious , I tried booking GF villas yesterday (23rd) online. After it would not show up online to book I tried calling. I was told at 9:30am EST that GF was not available to book.

I kept looking all day just in case. Then around 7p I checked just in case it was there and yep!!!!! It was available!!

I am going to try renting points for the first time. I can save $$$$$ for the dates I have. Unfortunately two of the recommended sites still don't show GF Villas yet

The details in these rooms look wonderful. Watch the video on dvc news.com if haven't seen it yet
What dates were you trying to book? I have seen pics of the villas and they look amazing!!! I was wondering when they would be available for cash bookings (or renting points). We've never been interested in any of the villas as I don't cook or do laundry on vacation, but the VGF look gorgeous and I would love to try them out .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #3285
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
What dates were you trying to book? I have seen pics of the villas and they look amazing!!! I was wondering when they would be available for cash bookings (or renting points). We've never been interested in any of the villas as I don't cook or do laundry on vacation, but the VGF look gorgeous and I would love to try them out .
I have a cash ressie for 12/19-12/23/2013. 2bdrm lake view. However I was hoping to get it by points because it is a lot less even at $14 a point almost half the price. Online says book after 10/23/2013 available and allears says only can book until 12/31/13 but I am not certain of this.

I don't cook on vacation either but with teens it is so nice to have room to spread out. It is nice to have a real stemmed glass for my wine when in room too! We have stayed at BLT 2 times in a 1bdrm and last Nov in the 2 bdrm. The space was amazing!

My DH is a king bed required person so BLT has been a good option for us. It is hard to find a bookable king bed room for 4 people anywhere on Disney and to be on the monorail for us is the best.

The 2 bdrm at VGF have 2 glass showers so now ds15 can stop invading my bathroom for the shower!! Also the balcony is the length of 3 rooms! OOOH I cant wait to see it in person
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: