Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #3181
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the picture/update of the beach pool waterfall!
We've been wondering if it was working or not! The kids will be happy!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #3182
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Syndrome! I see there is, indeed, water falling but it is a trickle compared to the usual waterfall. I'll have to go find a photo for comparison.

Everyone is right, you'll be there before you know it.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #3183
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

KCMike contributed the first photo and mine is the second, both posted on the first page. You can see more water flowing then - or, maybe I just can't see it well enough in the new photo!

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 06-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #3184
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks, Syndrome! I see there is, indeed, water falling but it is a trickle compared to the usual waterfall. I'll have to go find a photo for comparison.

Everyone is right, you'll be there before you know it.
Yea, thats what I was thinking too. Looks more like a water faucet vs a roaring waterfall like usual .

Its our first time staying at GF (although we have visited more times than I can count ) We figured it was time to try it out. Cant wait !
Just have to keep my wife away from Basin. That store costs me a small fortune evry time we are at WDW !

Syndrome

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #3185
wiseguyslovethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Good morning everyone!!! I wanted to post a quick trip report for anyone who's going soon.... we got back on June 8th from the GF and it was AMAZING.

Our trip started off not so great...we had someone at the front desk that must have started their Disney career about 10 minutes before we got there. We booked a king room on the phone when we made our reservation, and he told us at the desk that we had a king room but it wasn't ready. (oh, and we did online checkin and nothing was ready) So we went to the parks, had some fun and headed back.... we were in a room w/ 2 queens. We called downstairs, the moved us to a king room. Except that it had 2 queens. So we called the room person again....she said she would find us a king and would call us back. She finally called back and said they had a room w/ a king. They moved us to Sugar Loaf! It was awesome!! My daughter loved it because it was like 'all the cookies you can eat'. We were on the second floor overlooking the pool. It was a little loud at night, but we loved it. It never seemed to hinder us falling asleep!!

We spent one entire day at the beach pool...for anyone concerned about the construction noise, don't be concerned. You totally forget about the construction when you're at the pool. Really. It's not an issue at all... to be honest, the clanging of the Alice in Wonderland kiddie area was louder than the construction!

The parks were hot and crowded and seemed to get more crowded as the week went on. (which is why we started the last morning at Epcot and left and came to the pool for the rest of the day!)

We ate at Narcoosee's (amazing!!!) and the GF Cafe for breakfast on the grounds. For anyone that is going to the GF Cafe for breakfast, I cannot stress enough how absolutely amazing the citrus pancakes are. I had to take a picture and send it to my mom because I knew she'd appreciate it. They were perhaps the best pancakes in all the land!!

We ate at Be Our Guest for dinner and I wish that we had made another reservation for dinner during our stay.... it was just that terrific. There is so much to see and you feel just like you've stepped into the movie!! Via Napoli was our favorite lunch...so much so that we cancelled San Angel and booked Via Napoli for a second day! 50's Prime Time was our most favorite dinner (outside of Be Our Guest). What an incredibly fun time that was!!!

We had Tropical Storm Andrea join us, and actually didn't know we were having that until my mom texted me to see if we were okay! We were in Epcot w/ ponchos.... the storm kind of cleared the park a little bit.... Rock n Rollercoaster was still over an hour and a half wait, so we didn't get to do that. The best part of that day was at the Wreck it Ralph meet and greet in the Animation dept. There was a service dog w/ a woman in a wheelchair getting their picture. Well, when the dog saw Ralph, he was rolling over, playing, trying to bite Ralph's big hands. It was truly such a beautiful thing to watch the joy that dog had!! It just goes to show you, Disney can bring out the joy in ANYONE!!!

The monorail ran without any issue during our week. The boat was a welcome treat at night back from MK. The buses all ran just fine and we really didn't have much of a wait at all. One morning though, there were 8 Animal Kingdom buses all in a row.... as you can guess, we were heading to Hollywood Studios! All in all, the GF was just as beautiful as we remembered it to be. Thanks to everyone here for all your wonderful tips and ideas and sharing your trips... I hope this will help someone who is going to be going to the GF.... it won't disappoint you. It's pure Disney Magic!

Thank you for the review!! We are leaving next Thursday for the first time at the GF!! I can't even contain my excitement, and my dd has about ten countdown calendars going! You have definitely helped me!!
DS, 12:
DS,9:
DS, 5:
And our little surprise; joining us July 2012

Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #3186
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
...Just have to keep my wife away from Basin. That store costs me a small fortune evry time we are at WDW !

Syndrome

Basin is my daughter's favorite place....It always costs us as well everytime we go. I was just thinking of our up coming trip and how we need to set a small fortune aside, sorry, I mean some money aside for that , can't escape it even if we tried .

DH DW DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #3187
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is a picture from Sunday 6/16 (thanks Rock Doctor). If you look closely, you can see the beach pool waterfall working fine !
(I asked the same question a few days ago, and Rock Doctor was nice enough to go over to the GF and take an updated construction picture for me)

We have about 1 month until we are relaxing in Sugarloaf !!! Cant wait !!!

HTH,
Syndrome
Glad that the waterfall is operating because when I swam in that pool last Thursday the 13th, it was not. Oh - and those are the two cupolas I saw being lowered in place last week!
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14
Old 06-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #3188
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea, thats what I was thinking too. Looks more like a water faucet vs a roaring waterfall like usual .

Its our first time staying at GF (although we have visited more times than I can count ) We figured it was time to try it out. Cant wait !
Just have to keep my wife away from Basin. That store costs me a small fortune evry time we are at WDW !

Syndrome
LOL about Basin - my DD loves that store, she has to buy bath bombs every time and usually uses some of them in the room. I cannot go into the store due to my asthma/sensitivity to strong scents. I've always been sad about it, but from what everyone says, it's probably a good thing for my wallet!

I see you have a GF/BC split - love that combination! GF is our favorite, but Y&BC are right up there, it's hard to beat SAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguyslovethemouse View Post
Thank you for the review!! We are leaving next Thursday for the first time at the GF!! I can't even contain my excitement, and my dd has about ten countdown calendars going! You have definitely helped me!!
I'm so excited FOR you, I hope you have a Grand vacation. LOL about the countdowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davale4 View Post
Basin is my daughter's favorite place....It always costs us as well everytime we go. I was just thinking of our up coming trip and how we need to set a small fortune aside, sorry, I mean some money aside for that , can't escape it even if we tried .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post
Glad that the waterfall is operating because when I swam in that pool last Thursday the 13th, it was not. Oh - and those are the two cupolas I saw being lowered in place last week!
Good to know, thanks! Seems it must have been turned on fairly recently, then, maybe it will be fully operational soon.

Must have been interesting to see some big architectural elements being added. We enjoy seeing that kind of thing, as long as it doesn't impact our stay too much.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #3189
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
pas - I caught up with several pages at once and laughed at the differing plans along the way!
I guess my changing ways will never change Eh, it's all good. My friends love me anywoo Lulu'sMom will return with some awesome GF pics I am sure...she's enjoying WL CL as I type

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #3190
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is a picture from Sunday 6/16 (thanks Rock Doctor). If you look closely, you can see the beach pool waterfall working fine !
(I asked the same question a few days ago, and Rock Doctor was nice enough to go over to the GF and take an updated construction picture for me)

We have about 1 month until we are relaxing in Sugarloaf !!! Cant wait !!!

HTH,
Syndrome
I was just going to post this same exact picture, but I took mine on Monday. I was like "how the heck did my picture get up here"

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Old 06-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #3191
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

Well, first day back to work after vacation. We stayed in SL 6223, marina view. Our first CL ever, I don't know what took me so long to commit to it, now I'll never go back.

Check in was amazing, they met us with the ipad at our cab, walked us to our room and checked us in right there. We got there at 11a, and we were in the pool by noon.

Everything was spectacular, when we left, I had a tear in my eye....first time that ever has happened to me. I think the DH did too, because he put on his sunglasses really fast when we got on ME.

I even sat down and had a nice chat with Miss Lynn. She is as charming as the GF.

Simply can't wait to go back. When can I book for June of 2014 ?

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Old 06-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #3192
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
Well, first day back to work after vacation. We stayed in SL 6223, marina view. Our first CL ever, I don't know what took me so long to commit to it, now I'll never go back.

Check in was amazing, they met us with the ipad at our cab, walked us to our room and checked us in right there. We got there at 11a, and we were in the pool by noon.

Everything was spectacular, when we left, I had a tear in my eye....first time that ever has happened to me. I think the DH did too, because he put on his sunglasses really fast when we got on ME.

I even sat down and had a nice chat with Miss Lynn. She is as charming as the GF.

Ugh! Reviews like this is what gives us Resort Changers such a problem...

I'm trying to decide between Sugarloaf and Atrium CL at CR...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 06-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #3193
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the GF.....it really is a beautiful resort. As far as booking for 2014, rates should be coming out any time now .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #3194
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ugh! Reviews like this is what gives us Resort Changers such a problem...

I'm trying to decide between Sugarloaf and Atrium CL at CR...
I chose SL because of location, we knew we would be spending most of our time at the Courtyard Pool, and I didn't want my kids traipsing around the main building for their "free" snacks.

I liked the coziness of having all of us CL's in one buidling... and plus you look real cool having to scan your KTTW get into SL building

2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #3195
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
I liked the coziness of having all of us CL's in one buidling... and plus you look real cool having to scan your KTTW get into SL building

Ahhh..........love those Gold KTTW cards !!! Lol. .

Syndrome

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: