Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #3166
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Pas130 Glad that was the right elevator... As for staying BLT this trip..which happens to be so very nice...You can always book a bounce back!

MickeyNut!! I am predicting a double Poly stay!!! Yep! So book whatever ...then head on over to the resort changers thread..LOL...cause you will be changing it!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #3167
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut!! I am predicting a double Poly stay!!! Yep! So book whatever ...then head on over to the resort changers thread..LOL...cause you will be changing it!
Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind..... . We all love the Poly, so trying CL is a go for everybody . But as far as pre cruise.......my oldest DS wants AKL (we've stayed there before but not CL); my DH wants to try CR; I would like to try YC or BWI, and my youngest DS doesn't care . I know that whatever resort(s) we don't try this time we can always try next time, but that's not helping because I want to try all of them now .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #3168
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

What's a conveniently located building that's not Sugarloaf?
Well, you know us, we drive and self park. We originally picked sago because of the parking lot - we drive everywhere but MK!- Gasparillas - we run there alot and the courtyard pool- more our style. We run into Gasparillas, get a refill and head to the pool. It's across the marina from sugarloaf.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 06-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #3169
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I am reading about this "soft goods" rehab of the rooms. is this similar to what they just did at the Poly? Any time frame for this?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #3170
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind..... . We all love the Poly, so trying CL is a go for everybody . But as far as pre cruise.......my oldest DS wants AKL (we've stayed there before but not CL); my DH wants to try CR; I would like to try YC or BWI, and my youngest DS doesn't care . I know that whatever resort(s) we don't try this time we can always try next time, but that's not helping because I want to try all of them now .
Well..You do have a quandry there MN!! LOL...sounds like you have alot more trips to plan! You know I am a CR fan..after the GF of course...BWI CL is nice...I too am curious about BC/YC ....I say make that DH happy and just try CL at the CR...great views...

jennygt "soft goods" rehab generally means bedding..maybe some recovering of day beds or chairs....carpeting...And it is time for the GF rooms to have one of those....I think disney has a cycle f every how many years that they do those types of refurbs...Not sure what is is tho...???

Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #3171
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Well..You do have a quandry there MN!! LOL...sounds like you have alot more trips to plan! You know I am a CR fan..after the GF of course...BWI CL is nice...I too am curious about BC/YC ....I say make that DH happy and just try CL at the CR...great views...
LOL.....I'm already chomping at the bit waiting for the 2014 rates to come out so I can start pricing a trip (or two, or three) for next year . BWI CL is one I want to try, but I can't get DH or my DSs to agree to another Epcot resort......the limited CS options just don't work for them.....but CR CL is in the running . My DH would be happy anywhere as he's very easy going.....plus he knows how my big of an obsession I have with Disney so he just goes with the flow and lets me decide .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #3172
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I am reading about this "soft goods" rehab of the rooms. is this similar to what they just did at the Poly? Any time frame for this?
Before I went to AKL last week, I saw that they were getting "soft goods". I noticed that all the towels were new. So new, they still had inspection stickers on the tags...pretty sure they hadn't made a cleaning cycle yet. They were super soft BUT they are no longer Wamsutta's Disney Resort Collection. They are Softlinen brand
Old 06-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #3173
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

Back this past Saturday from a weeks stay at the Grand Floridian - Sugarloaf. It was absolutely a dream come true for me. Club level was wonderful (a first for me) and the cast members were so nice and welcoming - every day. I loved our room - 3rd floor dormer room - marina view. It was very hard for me to close the door to that room on my last day! I have had some serious Disney withdrawals the past couple of days and that usually doesn't happen to me! I am pretty sure the Grand Floridian is responsible for that. BTW - the DVC construction was to big deal at all. Obviously being at Sugarloaf we didn't hear anything from there, and even when we were walking around the resort or at the pool (we went to both), it wasn't that loud. That clanking bell from the kiddy pool was louder than the construction! We saw them lowering two cupolas on top of the DVC resort on two separate days. That was pretty cool to watch.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14! August '14, Disneyland August '14
Old 06-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #3174
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

So I am beyond excited that our trip is booked and we will be at GF Nov 18th
to the 25th!
We have never stayed at the GF before and due this year marking our 10th anniversary and both my DH and I turning 50. We decided to celebrate!!
And our little princess will also love it too I'm sure!
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #3175
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post
Back this past Saturday from a weeks stay at the Grand Floridian - Sugarloaf. It was absolutely a dream come true for me. Club level was wonderful (a first for me) and the cast members were so nice and welcoming - every day. I loved our room - 3rd floor dormer room - marina view. It was very hard for me to close the door to that room on my last day! I have had some serious Disney withdrawals the past couple of days and that usually doesn't happen to me! I am pretty sure the Grand Floridian is responsible for that. BTW - the DVC construction was to big deal at all. Obviously being at Sugarloaf we didn't hear anything from there, and even when we were walking around the resort or at the pool (we went to both), it wasn't that loud. That clanking bell from the kiddy pool was louder than the construction! We saw them lowering two cupolas on top of the DVC resort on two separate days. That was pretty cool to watch.
Glad you had a great time. The GF is an awesome resort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
to the 25th!
We have never stayed at the GF before and due this year marking our 10th anniversary and both my DH and I turning 50. We decided to celebrate!!
What a great place to spend your anniversary......you're going to love the GF .

Old 06-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #3176
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
to the 25th!
Congratulations!!! My DD loves it there and so do we. I'm sure you folks are going to enjoy it

DH DW DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #3177
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Hello, GF lovers!! I had to pop in and see how everyone's summer plans are progressing. For everyone there now or heading soon, have a magical vacation. BTW - for anyone recently returned, is the waterfall operating at the Beach Pool? I haven't heard.

sydneysmom - welcome back, thanks for the review!! Glad you ended up with a great room and you had a wonderful trip.

Did someone say Citrus pancakes?!

carole-lamb - thanks for the review, glad you had a Grand stay.: I know what you mean about hating to close the door for the last time.~sigh~

MrsJ Henry - congrats on your anniversary/birthday trip!

BlueSkies - Your description of the pool elevator is my understanding as well; so named back in the day when the courtyard pool was the only pool.

pas - I caught up with several pages at once and laughed at the differing plans along the way!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #3178
Syndrome
Who's super now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Hello, GF lovers!! I had to pop in and see how everyone's summer plans are progressing. For everyone there now or heading soon, have a magical vacation. BTW - for anyone recently returned, is the waterfall operating at the Beach Pool? I haven't heard.
Here is a picture from Sunday 6/16 (thanks Rock Doctor). If you look closely, you can see the beach pool waterfall working fine !
(I asked the same question a few days ago, and Rock Doctor was nice enough to go over to the GF and take an updated construction picture for me)

We have about 1 month until we are relaxing in Sugarloaf !!! Cant wait !!!

HTH,
Syndrome

Various stays at : ASM, AKL, AKV, BC, BLT, BWV, FW, GF, GFV,
HHI, Poly, POR, WL, VWL, SSR, RPR, HRH, PBR, Off-Site ......
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #3179
MagicPrincess
DIS Veteran

5 MORE DAYS TIL SUGARLOAF!!!

Grand Floridian Sugarloaf August 2010

Grand Floridian Summer 2013

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #3180
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
We have about 1 month until we are relaxing in Sugarloaf !!! Cant wait !!!
How exciting....the month will go by before you know it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicPrincess View Post
5 MORE DAYS TIL SUGARLOAF!!!
Have a great trip .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: