Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #3076
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose
Can anyone here confirm for me that the Soundtrack for the fireworks is still played on one of the Resort TV channels?

We're considering booking here just for the night for the 4th of July, and would love to watch the fireworks from the room to avoid the crowd craziness!

TIA
We're staying 1 night for the 4th as well. Unless something is different this year, Wishes is replaced by a patriotic fireworks show on the 3rd and 4th.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #3077
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My vacation actually got much better. I sent WDW a complaint about my problems and had a couple of superstar managers that really made me feel much better. They offered several things to me, that I turned down, but their concern made me feel much better. Below is the note I sent to WDW about the contact....

To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your attention in the manner of my complaint of The Grand Floridian. I was contacted by two managers this past Monday.

I did not catch the female manager's name, but I believe the male manager was named T.J.. They were both wonderful! They were very considerate in listening to me and did their absolute best to resolve my concerns. They offered to move our room, provide transportation and even gave us access to the concierge level. We were so busy we did not use the lounge but it was nice that it was offered. While I'm sure some of my complaints seemed petty, both managers made me feel as though my complaints were important and well founded. They made me feel that they were genuinely concerned about making things right. This is what creates guests that are devoted to Disney resorts!

I must admit at the beginning of our vacation I was disillusioned in the Walt Disney Company and the customer service that has brought me back year after year. Thankfully though, T.J. and the other manager, restored my belief in the Disney Company's service that brings me back year after year.

Thank you SO much for caring about my family's experience to Walt Disney World. We returned home today and started talking about our next visit!

While I will probably go back to the Contemporary next visit, you can't beat the conscience of everything being in one building, I no longer hate the Grand and would consider staying again if I couldn't get into the Contemporary.
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #3078
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear things turned around! Happy planning for your next trip. By the way I'm a cr fan as well, but now have converted to BLT. It is amazing!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
Old 06-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #3079
swimfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappyfamily View Post
While I will probably go back to the Contemporary next visit, you can't beat the conscience of everything being in one building, I no longer hate the Grand and would consider staying again if I couldn't get into the Contemporary.
Glad you had a great resolution! I have a gf who completed an internship at Disney and talked about how the resort managers like to "steal" (aka wooooo) long-time guests of other resorts. She likened it to pledging a legacy of another sorority for bragging rights.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #3080
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

I have experienced problems in the past at the GF. However, because of what the CMs did to rectify the situation, we always go back.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your vacation!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #3081
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Thank you everyone for your kind words. My vacation actually got much better. I sent WDW a complaint about my problems and had a couple of superstar managers that really made me feel much better. They offered several things to me, that I turned down, but their concern made me feel much better. Below is the note I sent to WDW about the contact....

To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to thank you so much for your attention in the manner of my complaint of The Grand Floridian. I was contacted by two managers this past Monday.

I did not catch the female manager's name, but I believe the male manager was named T.J.. They were both wonderful! They were very considerate in listening to me and did their absolute best to resolve my concerns. They offered to move our room, provide transportation and even gave us access to the concierge level. We were so busy we did not use the lounge but it was nice that it was offered. While I'm sure some of my complaints seemed petty, both managers made me feel as though my complaints were important and well founded. They made me feel that they were genuinely concerned about making things right. This is what creates guests that are devoted to Disney resorts!

I must admit at the beginning of our vacation I was disillusioned in the Walt Disney Company and the customer service that has brought me back year after year. Thankfully though, T.J. and the other manager, restored my belief in the Disney Company's service that brings me back year after year.

Thank you SO much for caring about my family's experience to Walt Disney World. We returned home today and started talking about our next visit!

I am so happy that things turned around for you and the Grand redeamed herself!

But, I do wish you would've experienced the CL service. That was a very nice gesture and you and your family would've really enjoyed it.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #3082
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Well, during our recent visit to the Polynesian, we popped into GF just to check up on my favorite WDW resort and it's looking awesome! Seems like the only construction left is the GF Villas which look like they'll be completed in October. Hoping to stay here next June!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 06-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #3083
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks! I was going to call the resort today if no one posted.

I doubt the walls are down, as the beach is still the staging area for the DVC construction. I think they mean it is re-opened from the short maintenance break of May 30-June 1.

I wonder if the waterfall is operational? I thought it was possible this maintenance was to fix the waterfall, but that's just speculation.
the recent pool maintenance was, I believe, to re-do the pool deck and do some work on the slide. The waterfall hasn't been operational for a few months (though I'm not sure why).
Old 06-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #3084
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I have never found the Wishes soundtrack on the in-room TV at the GF, the only resort I've read about this was CR, I think. With the advent of regular commercial TV at WDW, I have understood there are no more "resort TV" channels.

If anyone else has better info on this, please post.
Well shoot. Ya know, I think the only time we ever did the tv thing was indeed at the Contemporary. I just assumed all of the other MK theme park view resorts did it too.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #3085
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfly View Post
We're staying 1 night for the 4th as well. Unless something is different this year, Wishes is replaced by a patriotic fireworks show on the 3rd and 4th.
Yeah, I was hoping that they were still doing "Fantasy in the Sky", because it's my all time fav.

From what I read they're only doing that on New Year's Eve now.

I saw a bit of the new Patriotic Show on You Tube yesterday, and it looks pretty good tho!

Either way, I'm just excited to be there for the 4th!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #3086
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post

But, I do wish you would've experienced the CL service. That was a very nice gesture and you and your family would've really enjoyed it.
We've done club level before at the Contemporary before and LOVED it. This time though we were on our last day, tired and by the time we got back from the parks the walk back to the main building to the concierge floor just seemed too painful! LOL
Old 06-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #3087
jillmc40
DIS Veteran

You all were so helpful in the planning of my trip last October. I came on to see how you all felt about the VGF and I didn't see much. I was curious if you all were hoping to try it out or going to avoid it? I think the pictures look amazing and have a condo at the Grand will be awesome. Did I miss all of the chatting about it, or is everyone sticking to the original?
Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #3088
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think they might be running it longer this year as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. I found this:

Independence Week - July 1-7, 2013
Magic Kingdom
Celebrate the 4th of July all week with a Fireworks Party! You'll be seeing red, white and blue all over the park, from Cinderella Castle to special-edition merchandise including U.S.A. shirts, ear hats and much more.

I'm really hoping they have the special fireworks that whole week (I fly in on the 7th), I think the patriotic fireworks are my favorite!

Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #3089
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Rhongepooh - thanks for posting, so glad you had a better end to your trip. Happy to hear they did their best to make it up to you, and you at least will consider the Grand for a future trip.

Quote:
Glad you had a great resolution! I have a gf who completed an internship at Disney and talked about how the resort managers like to "steal" (aka wooooo) long-time guests of other resorts. She likened it to pledging a legacy of another sorority for bragging rights.
LOL - from comments I've heard, I think all the WDW resorts do get a kick out of converting guests. The US/IOA resorts are the same, all in good fun, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post

I see you are heading to YC CL soon! I'm so envious, we loved our visit there last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Well, during our recent visit to the Polynesian, we popped into GF just to check up on my favorite WDW resort and it's looking awesome! Seems like the only construction left is the GF Villas which look like they'll be completed in October. Hoping to stay here next June!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
the recent pool maintenance was, I believe, to re-do the pool deck and do some work on the slide. The waterfall hasn't been operational for a few months (though I'm not sure why).
Thanks for that, did they refurb the area of the former pop jets play area? I haven't even thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Well shoot. Ya know, I think the only time we ever did the tv thing was indeed at the Contemporary. I just assumed all of the other MK theme park view resorts did it too.
It's possible they do something special for the 4th fireworks show, but I have never been there during that time. Please post and let us know if you find they DO have it on the in room TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
You all were so helpful in the planning of my trip last October. I came on to see how you all felt about the VGF and I didn't see much. I was curious if you all were hoping to try it out or going to avoid it? I think the pictures look amazing and have a condo at the Grand will be awesome. Did I miss all of the chatting about it, or is everyone sticking to the original?
There was quite a lot of talk when the plans were filed, and again when it was announced. I think it is mixed - many GF lovers are also DVC and have longed for VGF. Others are not DVC, have no intention of buying in and would just as soon not have it. Either way, I know everyone will adjust as time goes by, they have done a good job of smoothing the transition, I think.

We're all waiting for the first guests to post reviews later this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I think they might be running it longer this year as part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. I found this:

Independence Week - July 1-7, 2013
Magic Kingdom
Celebrate the 4th of July all week with a Fireworks Party! You'll be seeing red, white and blue all over the park, from Cinderella Castle to special-edition merchandise including U.S.A. shirts, ear hats and much more.

I'm really hoping they have the special fireworks that whole week (I fly in on the 7th), I think the patriotic fireworks are my favorite!
Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will be helpful for many who plan to visit that week. I'd love to see the special fireworks, but I doubt we ever go during the week of the 4th. We live in a state that allows personal fireworks, we always have a big family get together. Not to mention the huge crowds deter us from holiday weeks.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #3090
princessbrulee
Mouseketeer

My sister and I have booked an 8 day stay at the Grand Floridian this August. This will be our first deluxe stay, and a total surprise to my two daughters. In fact, they don't know we're going to Disney, nevermind staying here! I'm so excited, they're going to be so thrilled! I wanted to thank you for this great thread and all its information!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: