Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #3016
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

cgulls - thanks for the reminder! I was thinking of our visit last May, when the beach looked like this:

instead of when we were back again in August and it looked like this:

We were there the last week of this past April, but didn't take any photos of that area, but remember someone (you?) posting some from the BPK staircase.

Sorry for the confusion, Baygirl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Forgive me if this has already been answered but when is the DVC construction due to finish? I really want to stay at the GF in January but the walls around everything make me apprehensive lol.
The VGF went on sale last week, with a projected opening date of October 23, 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
Does anyone have pictures of these walls around the beach....I'm starting to freak out.
See above. No need to freak out, the resort is still very pretty and the construction didn't affect our stay much at all last month.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #3017
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

See above. No need to freak out, the resort is still very pretty and the construction didn't affect our stay much at all last month.
Totally agree. I probably would not have even noticed it much if I weren't such a uber-planner hanging out on the DIS. I bet if I asked DH how the construction affected our trip he'd say "what construction, I thought that was down the street". I'm sure by the time you are there in Jan it will look great, but even now I wouldn't have changed my plans at all.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #3018
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Forgive me if this has already been answered but when is the DVC construction due to finish? I really want to stay at the GF in January but the walls around everything make me apprehensive lol.
DVC is due to be open and operating according to what we've heard by October of this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Well I did online check in and for both my room and my dd and dsl room. I tried to do the room request and the page said they couldn't do the Sago Key request. I don't understand this unless that area will be booked for some type of convention. Oh we'll, maybe I'll get there and ill have been upgraded! I'm not expecting it but a girl can dream! LOL
Probably a convention... That's where they usually stay because it's closer to the convention center...

And later.. if they start the planned refurbs... they will close off a building at a time.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #3019
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

sotoalf - if you are reading: Sorry, I forgot about your question regarding Mizner's photos after Gasparilla's reopened. (for anyone who doesn't know, Mizner's lounge was turned into a quick serve location during the Gasparilla's refurb) I checked it out on my trip last month, it looks exactly the same as it always has - but I took a couple photos anyway, if you want to see them.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 05-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #3020
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Who us??? Want to see pictures?????

Yes.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #3021
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Who us??? Want to see pictures?????

Yes.
I'll go upload them to photobucket.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #3022
Tink rules

Thank you!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #3023
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I have one of Mizner's, and one of the new Ivy Trellis. (it was closed, so the photo is from the hall!)

Mizner's

Ivy Trellis
Old 05-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #3024
Tink rules

looks good!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #3025
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
looks good!
I'd love to be sitting in Mizner's right now, wouldn't you?!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #3026
Tink rules

Yup....

Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #3027
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Your drink looks much better than my drink!
Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #3028
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I read about a soft goods rehab for GF. Is there a timeframe estimated? Thanks!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 05-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #3029
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

So now I am starting to worry about RPC and the TPV room that we have booked for July. Last time we did this, our room overlooked the marina and had a direct view of the castle. Loved it!!! I'm nervous that we will not have the marina/castle view and could be somewhere else in RPC with TPV.

Is there another area that the GF considers a TPV in RPC, like overlooking Space Mountain and not the castle?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #3030
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
So now I am starting to worry about RPC and the TPV room that we have booked for July. Last time we did this, our room overlooked the marina and had a direct view of the castle. Loved it!!! I'm nervous that we will not have the marina/castle view and could be somewhere else in RPC with TPV.

Is there another area that the GF considers a TPV in RPC, like overlooking Space Mountain and not the castle?
I don't believe so, no. I think they're all in that same area over Gaspy's.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: