Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #16
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I have more work to do, but here it is!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #17
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I have more work to do, but here it is!!
k&a&c'smom The new information pages are wonderful, so many photos. The content is so comprehensive, I cannot imagine any better thread. Thanks for doing all of this for those of us who rely on the information.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

k&a&c'smom Thanks so much for all of your hard work and dedication that you have given to all of us GF junkies. You rock.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #19
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

k&a&c'smom - THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Spectacular thread! Thank you so much for your hard work!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

k&a&c'smom--
Thanks so much for the wonderful new thread!! It is amazing- I know it took a long time to put together and we all appreciate your hard work!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #22
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone! I hope to have it finished by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcGee View Post
So, with construction going on, should I book at the Polynesian or Contemporary instead? I know we want a monorail resort...
Well, it is up to you. The construction is noticeable, no way around it. I can honestly say, if I got a decent discount I would book at the Grand for the upcoming year. If not, I'd have to look elsewhere. The resort has a different feel in the outer courtyard, due to the pool games moved there from the beach pool. However, you may not notice anything if you haven't stayed at the GF in the past.

Inside, everything feels much the same as usual. The lobby is gorgeous and relaxing, with the music in the afternoon and evening. A beautiful retreat.

It is very hard to tell anyone NOT to book, but I can't urge people to stay while the construction is going on, as it will have some impact on your stay. How much it bothers you is a personal thing, many posters have recently been to the GF and said it wasn't enough to keep them from the resort they love so much.

HTH!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 05-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #23
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic - I read your reply about the cabanas, very good plan! I should have thought about you having time to cancel after you saw it on your own, that is the same advice we all gave to several others.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Actually very interested to see the construction...

Might be the bait to drag us back into the DVC ring...

Headed down for our first 4th of July at Gflo...

If you need anything or pics... let me know.. We are Sugar Loaf bound..
Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #25
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
CoachBagFanatic - I read your reply about the cabanas, very good plan! I should have thought about you having time to cancel after you saw it on your own, that is the same advice we all gave to several others.
I thought it was a good plan also. Hey if I can't pack yet, I have to keep myself occupied with something. I keep changing my dining ressies too. Man I have a problem.

Speaking of packing, DH said that he wasn't going to bring the suitcases out until the day before we leave.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

As always, kacs, a beautiful and gorgeous thread!
Love the new pictures you've added in!

THANK YOU for everthing you do for ALL of us GF junkies!

So excited for everyone going to the GF soon!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just browsing through the new thread - awesome! Just an FYI though, these links didn't work for me?

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #28
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning! The new thread is wonderful. Is it wrong I am going to miss the old one k&a&c'smom, you did an amazing job and all the photos are wonderful. There is a reason the expression "a picture is worth a thousand words" came about. Descriptions are great but photos tell the story. One thing though...the picture of the view from the GF to the Poly pre-construction

I wanted to post this link is anyone is interested. AllEars had a link to current GF DVC photos. It is well done and give you a scope of what is going on.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/compone...n-photo-update

I have to echo what k&a&c'smom said about the construction and booking the GF. My family has been staying there for years, our first stay in 1991, when my kids were little (they are young adults now) and we have probably stayed there over 20 times since then. I gather k&a&c'smom and her family are in a similar situation. Having your kids grow up with the resort one way makes changes hard (I sound old ). As long as you know what the construction looks like then you can enjoy the resort in all it's glory I would never suggest that someone not book the GF, but I would always advise getting a good handle of the construction before making your decision.

Coachbagfanatic, I missed the post about what you are doing about the cabanas, but I gather from responses you can cancel when you get there if you chose to? Great plan.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #29
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic - Whatever works.

HFC1969 - Good point! We'll be looking forward to any and all photos, if I think of something specific before your trip, I'll be sure to mention it. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
Just browsing through the new thread - awesome! Just an FYI though, these links didn't work for me?
OH, thank you for pointing that out - if anyone finds a broken link, speak up.

I forgot, I moved those photos to a new folder in my Photobucket account, I need to fix the link. Headed there right now.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
brsirak
Earning My Ears

k&a&c'smom

Wow...great updated thread!

Thank you so much for your efforts and your help!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: