Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #271
jd99
DIS Veteran

We are back (already!!). Had a great four night visit at the GF. In fact, we did less park running around because we were enjoying the resort so much. The construction is there but unless you are at the Waterfall Pool, it's pretty out of sight, out of mind. And we did go to the Waterfall pool for a bit but didn't camp out there.

One thing we did NOT find was too much noise/crowd at the courtyard pool. It was lovely. Yes there were some activities but by no means was it loud or obtrusive at all.

We had a wonderful Father's Day dinner at Citricos. I also had a massage over at Saratoga Springs and the shuttle there was not a huge deal at all. Got me there in plenty of time and picked me up as soon as I was ready to go. Sure it'd be better to walk to the spa but I found it much less painful than some of the reviews I had read.

The only obnoxiousness we saw was from some of the other Sugarloaf guests at the snack hour. (you can read about it in my blog)

All in all a great trip. Perfect weather. Great CMs, just love love love the grand.
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #272
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
We are back (already!!). Had a great four night visit at the GF. In fact, we did less park running around because we were enjoying the resort so much. The construction is there but unless you are at the Waterfall Pool, it's pretty out of sight, out of mind. And we did go to the Waterfall pool for a bit but didn't camp out there.

One thing we did NOT find was too much noise/crowd at the courtyard pool. It was lovely. Yes there were some activities but by no means was it loud or obtrusive at all.

We had a wonderful Father's Day dinner at Citricos. I also had a massage over at Saratoga Springs and the shuttle there was not a huge deal at all. Got me there in plenty of time and picked me up as soon as I was ready to go. Sure it'd be better to walk to the spa but I found it much less painful than some of the reviews I had read.

The only obnoxiousness we saw was from some of the other Sugarloaf guests at the snack hour. (you can read about it in my blog)

All in all a great trip. Perfect weather. Great CMs, just love love love the grand.
Wowww...just read your blog! I wonder if it was the people from the wedding? Here at our concierge club it is DEAD! Whenever we go down there, no one is there! I am on the 5th floor of the main.

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #273
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic-I have to laugh at your DS and the band shirts. I have DS who is 16 and in the band also! It must be the age thing when they really don't care what they look like.

I hope you have a great trip and I'm sorry that we won't be there the same time as you. I started pulling things out yesterday and making a pile on my bedroom floor of things that need to be packed. If I didn't pack for them, no one would have clothes to take on vacation!

JungleCruiser - hope you are feeling good.

K&a&c'sMom- again, thanks for all you do.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #274
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
CoachBagFanatic-I have to laugh at your DS and the band shirts. I have DS who is 16 and in the band also! It must be the age thing when they really don't care what they look like.

I hope you have a great trip and I'm sorry that we won't be there the same time as you. I started pulling things out yesterday and making a pile on my bedroom floor of things that need to be packed. If I didn't pack for them, no one would have clothes to take on vacation!

I guess I can't get to upset with his shirts as I have to think back to the late 60's, 70's and 80's on how me and DH used to dress. You are correct, kids these days (especially the boys) could care less on how they look. I do have to say that my DS is pretty good with looking neat and clean even if his shirts are gross.

One of these days I will be able to meet a DIS member. We are getting very excited about our trip and can't wait to visit the GF. Still sad that we won't be staying there this trip but I have a future trip to look forward to.

There's a running joke with me here on the GF thread that I have the personality where I would have to pack like 2 months ahead of time. We all have enough clothes where I can do this. Well, my good friend pas130 has convinced me to join the LMPC last minute packers club. So far I am holding out. Well sort of but I have to confess that I have been getting outfits ready and they are hanging in my closet. She calls it "organizing". So yeah, I am organizing right now.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #275
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So glad!!!! Now to check out your blog!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post

There's a running joke with me here on the GF thread that I have the personality where I would have to pack like 2 months ahead of time. We all have enough clothes where I can do this. Well, my good friend pas130 has convinced me to join the LMPC last minute packers club. So far I am holding out. Well sort of but I have to confess that I have been getting outfits ready and they are hanging in my closet. She calls it "organizing". So yeah, I am organizing right now.
So proud (with a tear in my eye)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC1969 View Post
Got our 10 day letter from Gflo yesterday..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkCindere11a View Post
We arrive in 3 weeks
Missed this, sorry!!! Is this your 1st baby? Sounds fantastic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post

It seems like just yesterday I was starting the double digit dance and here we are 5 days out.

Hey J Sending lots of love and hugs to your DD. I hope everything turns out well for her.

We are so excited and guess what, I still haven't packed yet. I am probably going to pack on Saturday. Have way too much to do on Sunday and need my head clear to pack.
So excited for you!!! All will work out for my Princess!!! Thanks for the hugs...I need every last one I can get
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #276
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Coachbagfanatic, I think there are two kinds of packing, virtual and real. Virtual goes on for weeks in my mind. Trying to figure out what to take, checking the weather, rethinking what I need and so on. Then the day before I leave, I actually pack. I find the actual packing easy, it's deciding what to bring that's so hard!

pas

Lulu'mom should be lurking around the GF! I know she is staying at the YC, but I am sure there have been trips to the GF, I know she was going to Narcoossees! Can't wait to hear all about our beloved GF from her.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #277
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
pas

Lulu'mom should be lurking around the GF! I know she is staying at the YC, but I am sure there have been trips to the GF, I know she was going to Narcoossees! Can't wait to hear all about our beloved GF from her.
Can't wait to hear about her trip!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #278
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I might have missed this but did the new H20 ammenities hit the grand yet?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #279
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the great review. It's so nice to hear that the construction was not a problem for you!

I just read your blog about the other guests in Sugarloaf. Wow. Sorry you had to experience such a thing.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #280
dragonfly57005
DIS Veteran

Jd99 great blog post!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #281
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly57005 View Post
Jd99 great blog post!
thanks. I'm just kind of sad that I had to post it!
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #282
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

jd99 Love the TR and the blog. Boy, I am so sorry that you had to experience the CL pigs. The stroller would have taken the cake for me. Unfortunately, we are going to find these types of people every where.

pas130 Please keep us posted about your little princess. Sending more hugs your way today.

Jungle Cruiser I think you finally hit the nail on the head with me. Virtual and real packing. Like you virtual goes on for months with me. I think it boils down to that I don't want to forget anything and I feel if I do that I won't be able to get it in FL when we get there. Like FL doesn't have the same stores down there as we have here in NJ.

I have had my documents and back pack already to go for the plane since last weekend. I also know that I will be checking it again about another 100 times. Man I need help. I am a very organized person but I seem to obsess more when we go away.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #283
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Coachbagfanatic, it's definitely the "virtual" packing that takes time! And who wants to spend WDW time shopping for something you forget?! You must be getting so excited

jd99, I saw your blog. Like Coachbagfanatic said, it is a shame you had to experience that in SL, but I suspect on a given day you could see that at any CL.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #284
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Coachbagfanatic, it's definitely the "virtual" packing that takes time! And who wants to spend WDW time shopping for something you forget?! You must be getting so excited

jd99, I saw your blog. Like Coachbagfanatic said, it is a shame you had to experience that in SL, but I suspect on a given day you could see that at any CL.
Oh I'm sure that it isn't confined to GF Sugarloaf CL. However, this is our 7th or 8th CL stay and these displays were breathtaking in their audacity. As much as beer guy blew me away, I was almost more astounded by the women gathered around the table eating food right out of the platters with their hands. They were obviously well-to-do based on their attire and accessories but still thought it okay to take over the buffet and eat out of trays that others were supposed to be using. I wouldn't do that in my own home so what planet did they come from? I can laugh now but at the time I was thinking.....Should I video this and post it to the DIS and Facebook? I didn't want to be embarrassed by pulling out the iphone and doing so. And thinking back all that comes to mind is that *I* didn't want to be embarrassed. Oy vey.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #285
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Nothing is going to take away my WDW time. OH NO.

I think I am beyond excited because I couldn't sleep last night thinking about when we arrive on Monday and heading to DTD to have lunch. Then after lunch deciding whether we went to go to DHS first before heading to SAB or just staying at SAB and relaxing. Considering we will be up at 3:00 am.

Quote:
Oh I'm sure that it isn't confined to GF Sugarloaf CL. However, this is our 7th or 8th CL stay and these displays were breathtaking in their audacity. As much as beer guy blew me away, I was almost more astounded by the women gathered around the table eating food right out of the platters with their hands. They were obviously well-to-do based on their attire and accessories but still thought it okay to take over the buffet and eat out of trays that others were supposed to be using. I wouldn't do that in my own home so what planet did they come from? I can laugh now but at the time I was thinking.....Should I video this and post it to the DIS and Facebook? I didn't want to be embarrassed by pulling out the iphone and doing so. And thinking back all that comes to mind is that *I* didn't want to be embarrassed. Oy vey.
Ah yes, the infamous group of eating directly from the tray ladies. If my DH saw this he would have said excuse me and politely say: You do know that it's not proper etiquette to eat directly from the trays. This is why they have plates and utensils. At that time our DS would be walking away.

You know sometimes it's experiences like this that give us a giggle later on. Maybe not at the time as you say but it eventually will.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: