Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #2776
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina
When we stayed in Sago, we were assigned to room 5427. It faced the marina and was not an adjoining room. I loved this room. The next year we were assigned the very same room! That is my favorite room, other than being in RPC. I liked it even better than the room in SL facing the marina.

Never heard any noise from the boats in either of these building.

Also, as soon as I book my trip, I call and make my room request. It is never too early!
Is this the floor with no daybed?
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #2777
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Just got back from an 8-day / 7-night stay at GF. It was very nice.

A few thoughts to share:

-- the CY pool was terrific. the fence was fine and I had to chuckle thinking that if my biggest problem last week is a fence around the GF pool, I'm probably having a pretty good week!

-- the waterfall wasn't running at the Beach Pool. Lifeguard told me that's been the case for the past couple months. Not sure why.

-- anybody heading there soon will see some new blue walls popping up along the walkway under the monorail (behind the Beach Pool-ish, if I remember correctly). Construction guy said they're just dropping some conduit. It shouldn't be long. Just in case anybody gets freaked out by new walls.

-- we stayed in Boca Chica but I walked up the stairs at Big Pine Key to see the action behind the beach constructions walls. They are very active back there. Same worker (above) said they are replacing all the concrete work back there. Those walls could be the next to come down. But it didn't sound imminent. He guessed June, I think, but it sounded as though he either wasn't sure or it's fluid.

-- i've seen it asked (and answered) a few times but to repeat: the walkway to the Poly is still open.

Overall, a terrific stay.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #2778
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
What exactly do you request if you don't mind me asking?
I usually ask for an upper floor. I just like being up higher in a building. Also ask that my room be away from the elevator for two reasons. First, the sound of the elevator can sometimes be loud. Second, I am a light sleeper. Guests coming off the elevator at night can be a bit loud. They don't realize that their voices carry.

DetTigsGalAlso, I request a room that is not a dormer room. Sago 5427is not a dormer room. The one next to it is. The dormer rooms do not have a daybed, at least in the one that I was booked into in SL. I changed my room because of that. My two teenagers cannot share a bed! There would be no vacation for me listening to them complain about it! Second, the dormer rooms have a closed balcony. I like an open balcony so I can see through the railing.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #2779
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Thanks, mommyGina. I remember reading something about dormer rooms before we stayed last time, then when we checked in, they had us in a 5th floor room and I said , uh, no, could we have something else? Well, it was the first floor- which was fine- and when we walked in it was by the elevator. Again, I thought uh oh...but we did not notice the elevator and we ended up loving the room. Now, that was Thanksgiving week and maybe it would be noisier in the summer...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #2780
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

I just received an email from my Travel Agent that was sent to her from the Concierge Itinerary Planning Office. My ADR day is on Sunday. Do concierges have more pull in getting ADR's for concierge guests? Wondering if if makes a difference.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #2781
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
I just received an email from my Travel Agent that was sent to her from the Concierge Itinerary Planning Office. My ADR day is on Sunday. Do concierges have more pull in getting ADR's for concierge guests? Wondering if if makes a difference.
Are you planning any tricky ones? Maybe you'd try yourself then if you don't get the ones you want . . . ?
Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #2782
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
I usually ask for an upper floor. I just like being up higher in a building. Also ask that my room be away from the elevator for two reasons. First, the sound of the elevator can sometimes be loud. Second, I am a light sleeper. Guests coming off the elevator at night can be a bit loud. They don't realize that their voices carry.
Thanks I'm a light sleeper too so shall make a note of that. Can you state which building you'd like to be in?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #2783
aylarosie
Mouseketeer

Smile

Hi I am new to the boards. I joined in Feb after booking a last minute birthday trip over March 16 -24 this year.While we were there we ate at Narcossees and I really loved the Grand Floridian. I am thinking of booking a trip for this coming July.With the summer rates it seems managable.We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and would be traveling alone(no children). I thought it would be fun to do disney deluxe dining and eat at some of the 2 credit resteraunts. We stayed at POR in March and it was very nice. My husband needs a scooter (for distances) and I thought being on the monorail would be best.Acouple of years ago we stayed at the Poly for that reason.Do you have any suggestions for rooms that would be scooter friendly. We would only be staying 4 days and would at least visit MK AND EPCOT.What are any other special resteraunts would anyone reccomend. Thanks Nan
Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #2784
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Are you planning any tricky ones? Maybe you'd try yourself then if you don't get the ones you want . . . ?
Nothing too tricky. But I did find out that they are able to start booking at 5:30am. I don't know what to do. The planner in me needs to keep control over everything. But the other part of me would love to sleep in. Ah what to do, what to do!?!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #2785
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nothing too tricky. But I did find out that they are able to start booking at 5:30am. I don't know what to do. The planner in me needs to keep control over everything. But the other part of me would love to sleep in. Ah what to do, what to do!?!
Who is able to book at 5:30 a.m.? the concierges?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #2786
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Who is able to book at 5:30 a.m.? the concierges?
Yes, the Concierge Itinerary Planning Office. I decided to just get up and try to do it online at 6am in case there are any time conflicts. Don't want to wait to hear from them to resolve those!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #2787
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Quote:

-- i've seen it asked (and answered) a few times but to repeat: the walkway to the Poly is still open.
Does anyone knows how long it takes to walk from the GF to Poly?

We are considering to have dinner at Kona on a sunday and then off to MK to view wishes.
Instead of taking the monorail or boat, walking from GF to Poly sounds like a good alternative and we will just need to catch the monorail after dinner at Kona to MK.

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #2788
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post

We are considering to have dinner at Kona on a sunday and then off to MK to view wishes.
Instead of taking the monorail or boat, walking from GF to Poly sounds like a good alternative and we will just need to catch the monorail after dinner at Kona to MK.
Door to door is about 10 minutes at a moderate pace...it's a lovely walk once you get past the construction walls.

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #2789
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #2790
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just got back from an 8-day / 7-night stay at GF. It was very nice.

A few thoughts to share:

-- the CY pool was terrific. the fence was fine and I had to chuckle thinking that if my biggest problem last week is a fence around the GF pool, I'm probably having a pretty good week!

-- the waterfall wasn't running at the Beach Pool. Lifeguard told me that's been the case for the past couple months. Not sure why.

-- anybody heading there soon will see some new blue walls popping up along the walkway under the monorail (behind the Beach Pool-ish, if I remember correctly). Construction guy said they're just dropping some conduit. It shouldn't be long. Just in case anybody gets freaked out by new walls.

-- we stayed in Boca Chica but I walked up the stairs at Big Pine Key to see the action behind the beach constructions walls. They are very active back there. Same worker (above) said they are replacing all the concrete work back there. Those walls could be the next to come down. But it didn't sound imminent. He guessed June, I think, but it sounded as though he either wasn't sure or it's fluid.

Overall, a terrific stay.
Glad you had a good trip . Thanks for the info, looks like there us some hope that by my Aug stay the beach walls will be down!

Quote:
It used to be that concierge had the ability to make some pixie dust in getting ADRs that were booked up, but not any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk View Post

When we stayed at Poly, we took monorail to GF for dinner, then decided to walk off dinner back to Poly. It took us 15 or 20 min at a slow stroll. Pretty walk along the lake.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: