Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #2716
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the photo, Tink rules - I like that fence much better. I'd rather have no fence, but one that looks like the photo would be prettier than the utility look of the one there now.

I wish they had used a natural fencing, like taller shrubs, or at least camouflaged the fencing like they do at AKL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWOswald View Post
Checking into the grand floridian on Saturday.

Please let me know if there is anything you want photos of or any questions you have about things happening on property. I'd be happy to help!
One more day, woohoo!! Safe travels, have a Grand vacation!

If you think of it, you might check if the new courtyard pool still has ping pong. I can't see the table in any of the photos, but it's possibly relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
The fence (possibly being a temporary one) referred to in the above posts...is it the one around the CY pool being referred to?

10 more days and we're checking in!!! Just cannot wait!!
Yes, we've been discussing the new fence around the courtyard pool. The photo Tink rules posted is from the GF spa.

Ten more days, woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
k&a&c'smom 2010 when we stayed at Poly. We flew in late afternoon, and had a short 5 min wait for DME. They're were only around 6 families on the bus. After everyone was on we left for wdw. And it was just the MK area resorts for the drop offs. We were the only ones getting off at Poly.

We rarely use DME coming in because we usually fly into Lauderdale to visit family first, then drive up to wdw, but this trip we did it in reverse, so flew into MCO.

I was very pleased with DME. No waiting on bus for more people, that some report, and when we arrived, we went to our room to chance into bathing suits for a did into the pool, then when we got back to our room our luggage was there. We were gone not even an hour.

Our other trip we flew in, jan 2012 for WL stay we used DME too, and again, only MK resorts on bus.

I'm really surprised that there was a POR drop off on your DME. It must have been a fluke.
Yes, it absolutely was a fluke, as the driver was asked if he could take the guests on the PO route and he popped his head in and said we'd be making a detour. I know it was due to the late hour, but I'm sure everyone was tired and having two extra resorts in the Epcot area wasn't happy news.

Thanks for describing your experience! We've used ME 3 or 4 times, and each time it has been slightly different. Twice we had to sit on the bus and wait for more guests to board - seemed they were waiting for a bus load, if you know what I mean. Once, we headed off right after boarding.

It's a great option if you prefer not to rent a car - and as you say, the luggage service is convenient.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 04-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #2717
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

they are waiting for the new fence to arrive...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #2718
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
they are waiting for the new fence to arrive...
For the courtyard pool, you mean? If so, any indication as to what the new fence will look like? Similar to the spa fence pic you posted perhaps?
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #2719
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
For the courtyard pool, you mean? If so, any indication as to what the new fence will look like? Similar to the spa fence pic you posted perhaps?
Same question here...I'm confused by above posts as to whether it's the CY pool fence or the fence by the spa that is temporary. Either way, I'm eager to learn (in a few days ) whether or not that fence around the pool totally takes away that free-flowing aspect of the grounds of the GF.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #2720
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Same question here...I'm confused by above posts as to whether it's the CY pool fence or the fence by the spa that is temporary. Either way, I'm eager to learn (in a few days ) whether or not that fence around the pool totally takes away that free-flowing aspect of the grounds of the GF.
Tink rules has posted the courtyard fence is rumored to be a temporary one, and the permanent fence is ordered. She posted a photo of the spa fence for reference of what the rumored courtyard pool fence might look like. That's the way I took it, anyway.

Like you, I can't wait to get there and see everything in person.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 04-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #2721
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

We check in to our first GF stay tomorrow! So excited!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #2722
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisamymc View Post
Lucky, enjoy!!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #2723
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisamymc View Post
Awesome!! Safe travels and have a Grand vacation.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #2724
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Tink rules has posted the courtyard fence is rumored to be a temporary one, and the permanent fence is ordered. She posted a photo of the spa fence for reference of what the rumored courtyard pool fence might look like. That's the way I took it, anyway.

Like you, I can't wait to get there and see everything in person.
The info came from a CM in RPC....

the fence that is there now... is held together by twist ties... pretty sure it's only temporary...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #2725
Tink rules

This is the picture of the fence with the plastic ties... does NOT look permanent...

& THIS is the picture of the fence by the spa... MUCH more with the themeing of the grand...

Lets hope it looks like that!

Old 04-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #2726
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

LOL! Yes, let's hope that is NOT permanent. Thanks for clarifying, Tink rules. I think the spa fence is much prettier and definitely more in keeping with the look of the resort.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #2727
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Yeah, but why a fence at all??
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #2728
Tink rules

has to be ADA compliant.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #2729
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

So we are set to arrive in 45 more days for our first trip to the Grand as our usual hotel is the Contemporary but there were no openings when I made the reservations. We have a garden view room. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a building that is better than another? We'd like one as close to the main building as possible.

2. My aunt LOVES to sit on the balcony and people watch. Will she be able to see anything with a garden view?

3. I've been spoiled by the contemporary running down on the elevator to refill my mugs . How big of a deal is it going to be getting to GG?

Thanks in advance for the advice
Old 04-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #2730
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Definitely a nicer looking fence. And if the put nice shrubs and plants around it, it won't look bad. Thanks for the info & pics!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: