Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #256
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
I do realize all of that but the only problem we have is how to get her from the airport to disney in the first place. If we book her onto the room reservation before arrival she will need the same package as us, room nights and tickets, but she will be allowed to use DME to get to the GF. If we wait and simply check her in at the GF front desk upon our arrival, the friend will not be allowed to use the DME to get to the GF, but she will not need to have the same number of room nights and tickets as us, but then she will need alternate transportation to the GF.

The problem is the transportation to the GF. I am happy to pay $28 for every night that she stays with us, but if I add her to the package ahead of time, will I have to pay that for each night of the package whether she is with us or not? If I add her to the package ahead of time and pay for the additional adult room charge for every night of the package, can I get a refund for the nights that she is not actually staying with us? The only reason to add her to our package reservation prior to arrival is so that she can ride the DME with us to the GF from the airport.
Yes. As I said above, you will pay the extra adult charge for the whole stay if you add her to the pkg. Everyone on a pkg. has to have the same pkg. components - be it tickets, dining plan or length of stay. I know you've said dining doesn't apply.

If it were me and we were all arriving together, I'd forgo ME from the airport to the GF and book a town car, or rent a car for one day and drop it off at the Car Care Center near the MK gates. Everyone arrives together, you add your friend at check in and don't pay the extra adult fee for the days she won't be with you. Of course, you won't be able to check your bags with the ME tags, you'll have to pick it up at the airport and take it with you - but you can check it through on the way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Solo View Post
I changed our ADR to 8:10. Wow! I sure hope we can make it on time. I'll aim to be there at 8:00. All I need is a fast pick of our luggage from our Star Wars Celebration hotel, a fast taxi, a fast check in at our resort, a fast bus to MK and a short wait for the monorail. That's not too much to ask. Is it?

I need one like this ---> this thing never runs out of time!
LOL! Good luck, hopefully the stars will align. For another idea - you might take a taxi from your resort to the GF, might make it just a little easier. We rarely pay more than $20 with tip for anywhere on WDW property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
We are in the main building in a 2-bdrm suite...2 bedrooms with a living rm in the middle! 5th floor....enjoyed watching the EWP and wishes from our balcony while the baby slept...he's been sleeping like a champ! Concierge club is awesome too! I was so surprised to hear the mk train whistle....sooo close!
Awesome upgrade, congrats!! Enjoy your stay.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #257
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
CoachBagFanatic - LOL! He figures you've gone so far around the bend he needs to do it himself.
Oh you are probably right. Even though our DS is 16, he has some band shirts that are pretty gross with blood and skeleton's. Things of this nature. While I don't mind him wearing them here, I just don't feel they are appropriate for Disney. If that makes any sense. I am always the one in control of getting the clothes together and I had such a pang in my stomach but he did pretty good with picking descent band shirts.

Ok, I am getting very excited about visiting the GF. I can't wait to walk into the lobby and take a really big deep breath. I know I will be crying too just to be visiting. I really miss the GF. 2013 can't come soon enough.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #258
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic - I totally understand about the packing, and making sure appropriate attire is in the bag. I've always done the packing for my whole family, even when the kids were teens, as I am better at getting more things in one bag - and I have a chance to remind them of forgetting their socks, or adding a nice set of clothes for TS dining.

DD is pretty good at the last part, but the guys...not so much.

We love visiting the GF even when we are staying elsewhere. In fact, we drove over from PBH last month! Shopped, took photos, soaked up the atmosphere.~sigh~
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 06-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #259
PinkCindere11a
Can't Wait to Be King

We arrive in 3 weeks
We are staying at the main building concierge.

We are celebrating our BabyMoon

I can not wait to relax by the pool and enjoy the parks at night.

I am loving all the posts - they are making me so excited.

Disney Bride
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #260
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would have to think that Disney has a solution for a situation just like yours. I'm thinking maybe a split stay on two different reservations one for three and one for two. Once you are there I think you should be able to add more ticket days to just the two of you. You can call Disney and hope you get a knowledgable call center member.
I would have thought this would not be a strange situation and that there would be some kind of solution as well. I suppose that there is not, and that we will either have to pay the resort room charge for days that she will not be there or we will have to pay for separate transportation to the airport. I am quite frustrated by this situation, or more specifically, that rules aren't rules once you arrive at the resort .
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #261
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

Quote:
LOL! Good luck, hopefully the stars will align. For another idea - you might take a taxi from your resort to the GF, might make it just a little easier. We rarely pay more than $20 with tip for anywhere on WDW property.
I was thinking if it wasn't for having to lug our luggage all over the GF for the entire evening we could just take a cab from the convention center strait to the GF. We would just then have a late check in at our resort.

I think if we leave at 4:00 we should be able to make it to our ADR in time.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #262
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
I would have thought this would not be a strange situation and that there would be some kind of solution as well. I suppose that there is not, and that we will either have to pay the resort room charge for days that she will not be there or we will have to pay for separate transportation to the airport. I am quite frustrated by this situation, or more specifically, that rules aren't rules once you arrive at the resort .
It's not so much that the rules change once you are at the resort; it's more about you booking a package AND wanting to take ME AND wanting to add a person who will not be with you the entire trip. If you had booked a room only, you would still have her listed for the entire trip, but wouldn't have to pay in advance - meaning, you'd pay for her in the one night's deposit, but when you arrived at the resort explain she is only there until X day and the CMs would be better able to work with you.

The packages were designed to force the purchaser to buy the complete package for everyone in the party - hence the great deal. There really isn't any way for the CMs at DRC to add someone for only a portion of the trip, the computer kicks it out.

By waiting until you arrive at the resort, the CMs at check in have the ability (at their discretion) to add another person to the room, rather than the package. To be honest, I've only done this with room only.

Since you are required to pay a package in advance, it is more difficult for the check in CM to fix things - but there is still a chance, I suppose. If you are this upset about it, I would call DRC and ask for Guest Services - they may be able to circumvent the computer system. Or, I'd put her on the package and hope that the check in CM feels generous and gives a credit for the nights your friend won't be in the room. The problem with this is you may not get the credit.

Good luck, I hope GS is able to arrange things for you in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkCindere11a View Post
We arrive in 3 weeks
We are staying at the main building concierge.

We are celebrating our BabyMoon

I can not wait to relax by the pool and enjoy the parks at night.

I am loving all the posts - they are making me so excited.
Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming stay in the main bldg. - and about the baby. I am not familiar with the term "baby moon" but assume it is a celebration for expecting a baby?

Relaxing by the pool is one of our favorite pastimes.

Quote:
I was thinking if it wasn't for having to lug our luggage all over the GF for the entire evening we could just take a cab from the convention center strait to the GF. We would just then have a late check in at our resort.

I think if we leave at 4:00 we should be able to make it to our ADR in time.
I'm sure you can get checked in and over to the GF in 4 hours, no problem.

On the other hand, no reason to drag your luggage around with you - I'm sure bell services would hang onto your bags while you have dinner and watch Wishes. I would hate to check into my resort so late, though, as the open rooms would be limited by that time.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #263
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
CoachBagFanatic - I totally understand about the packing, and making sure appropriate attire is in the bag. I've always done the packing for my whole family, even when the kids were teens, as I am better at getting more things in one bag - and I have a chance to remind them of forgetting their socks, or adding a nice set of clothes for TS dining.

DD is pretty good at the last part, but the guys...not so much.

We love visiting the GF even when we are staying elsewhere. In fact, we drove over from PBH last month! Shopped, took photos, soaked up the atmosphere.~sigh~
You are spot on about the guys. They don't care just as long as they have a tee shirt and shorts. It could be stripes with plaid for all they care.

Just a side note, still haven't packed yet. Have done a lot of organizing but no packing. 7 days until we visit the GF.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #264
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello again I told you I would be back with questions between now and December!!

I know a lot of you rent cars, but does anyone happen to know what other resorts share the ME bus with the GF and what drop off order is?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #265
tnkrbl289
Believer in Dreams

If memory serves correctly, last year it was Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian and then Grand Floridian on the DME and the drop off was in that order as well. It may have change since then, it was last August. Congratulations on your trip.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #266
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

I have been missing for a week. We went to California for my daughter's graduation, she now has her Phd!!! I also came back and had to immediately do chemo, so I am just now catching up.

Coachbagfanatic, your trip is soooo close! I remember when you were talking about 4 long weeks to go, now it is just days. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Momoftwodisneyboys, tnkrbl289 gave you the worst case for DME to the GF. We have done the trip many times over the years, most recently in April. Depending on how many people of checking in to the hotel on a given day, DME adjusts the buses accordingly. We have several times only stopped at the Polynesian before the GF. In those cases the WL and the CR shared a bus. So, the worst case would be the GF is the 4th stop, but it could be less.

beckysko, 2 bedroom suite in the Main building

k&a&c'smom
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #267
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hello again I told you I would be back with questions between now and December!!

I know a lot of you rent cars, but does anyone happen to know what other resorts share the ME bus with the GF and what drop off order is?

Thanks!
All good! When we stayed at the Poly in November it was the second stop. Poly was the first. It was Poly-GF-CR-WL. Don't know if it is always like that.

coachbagfanatic So close!!!! A week!!!!

beckysko Sweet Suite

k&a&c's mom & junglecruiser (missed you sarah)

Cancelled my Sept trip...well postponed...but still...having some health issues/evals fo my DD5, and a trip away when she is just starting Kindergarten doesn't feel right. I need to be home. I miss our Grand and so does HRH, but it will be new & improved when we get back there hopefully
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #268
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Got our 10 day letter from Gflo yesterday..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #269
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning!

I have been missing for a week. We went to California for my daughter's graduation, she now has her Phd!!! I also came back and had to immediately do chemo, so I am just now catching up.

Coachbagfanatic, your trip is soooo close! I remember when you were talking about 4 long weeks to go, now it is just days. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
I hope you are feeling well after your chemo treatment. and a big Congratulations to your DD on her Phd.

It seems like just yesterday I was starting the double digit dance and here we are 5 days out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
coachbagfanatic So close!!!! A week!!!!

Cancelled my Sept trip...well postponed...but still...having some health issues/evals fo my DD5, and a trip away when she is just starting Kindergarten doesn't feel right. I need to be home. I miss our Grand and so does HRH, but it will be new & improved when we get back there hopefully
Hey J Sending lots of love and hugs to your DD. I hope everything turns out well for her.

We are so excited and guess what, I still haven't packed yet. I am probably going to pack on Saturday. Have way too much to do on Sunday and need my head clear to pack.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #270
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Thank you everybody for the quick replies about ME!! That helps give me an idea of what to expect.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: