Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #2656
cgulls
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 168

Our first stay at GF begins next week. I see on Mizner's menu that they sell cigars. They don't allow smoking in any of the buildings (including in Mizner's), do they?
cgulls is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #2657
cgulls
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 168

photos

lots of new GF photos posted today on both wdwmagic and laughingplace sites!
cgulls is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #2658
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer
 
WDWOswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 121

If this is my view when I stay next week I will be very sad indeed

WDWOswald is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #2659
Figment1990
DIS Veteran
 
Figment1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,919

You know what the worst part of that view is??? The greenish hue to the lagoon. Honestly, yes, that would be a bad view. I would request Conch Key or to be facing in towards the courtyard pool depending on your room type.

I do think it will be pretty when it's done.
__________________
me DH DS(6)


First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #2660
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer
 
WDWOswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 121

Yeah... I requested Boca Chica. I think that is the view from the back of big pine key. Maybe when I check in I'll just beg them to put me anywhere but there.
WDWOswald is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #2661
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags
 
JoBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Right here, of course
Posts: 7,785

Well so I came home today to a big box from Enviroscents on my front step!

I was almost as hyper as when it's time to leave for the Grand.

I plugged it in and took a sniff of the air and then I wasn't sure if it was right or not. Of course I'd been reading the directions and sort of smelling it in the canister at the same time so I could have been overwhelmed.


I have it in my foyer, which has a vaulted ceiling to the second floor. The scent is VERY strong. My house is right at 3400 sq ft and I can smell it in almost every room upstairs and down. I even turned it down about an hour ago because it was-- *gasp*-- a little strong.

After it had run for an hour, I wanted to test it out to see if I thought I had the same reaction, that maybe it wasn't the right scent, so I went outside with the dog for a bit. When I came back into the house, I opened the door, closed my eyes and stepped in.....
WHAM!!!! It's the GRAND!!!!!!!

I think the difference is that the GF lobby has a ton of lilies in different arrangements and that is what gives a different scent to it. Lilies are my favorite flower and usually I have a fresh arrangement on my dining room table of them but today of course I have the type doesn't smell. I'm pretty sure if I had some of the oriental lilies or star gazers, yep, the scent would be I-dentical! (My Cousin Vinny, anyone? )

My DD 10-- the one who refuses to step onto WDW property if she isn't staying at the GF-- when she came in, I told her to walk in and smell the air and tell me what she thought. She squealed and said "MOM!! It's the Grand!!"

So there you have it! I'm waiting on my other two kids to come in from school to get their reactions. I'll let you know what they think.

If anyone wants to order a machine---- I have a code to share to get 20% off of it. Brings the total to $159. That's the machine and one canister. A canister will last for about a month. Just send me a PM and I'll share it with you!
__________________
Jodi
JoBird is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #2662
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags
 
JoBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Right here, of course
Posts: 7,785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
You know what the worst part of that view is??? The greenish hue to the lagoon. Honestly, yes, that would be a bad view. I would request Conch Key or to be facing in towards the courtyard pool depending on your room type.

I do think it will be pretty when it's done.
So true! Ewww!
__________________
Jodi
JoBird is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #2663
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

Not a very pretty view, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Our first stay at GF begins next week. I see on Mizner's menu that they sell cigars. They don't allow smoking in any of the buildings (including in Mizner's), do they?
No smoking in the rooms or restaurants, lobby, etc. There are designated outdoor smoking areas listed on the resort map.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #2664
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

Oh, JoBird, I would love to have that scent in my house (and so would DD!) but I am sooo sensitive to strong smells. I can't even go into Basin, it overwhelms me.

Glad it was the right scent, now everybody knows for sure. I get what you are saying about the flowers, DD and I thought for a long time the Grand smell was due to the abundance of live arrangements in the lobby.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #2665
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWOswald View Post
If this is my view when I stay next week I will be very sad indeed

Well, if that's MY view from the GF in a couple of weeks, I'll be ecstatic, because it means we will be upgraded to CL in RPC!!

(that IS a view from RPC, right?? lol )
dreamcruiser is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #2666
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

dreamcruiser - I don't think this is a view from RPC. The angle is wrong, more likely from Big Pine Key. Sorry!
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #2667
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
 
CaliforniaDreaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
dreamcruiser - I don't think this is a view from RPC. The angle is wrong, more likely from Big Pine Key. Sorry!
I'm thinking the stairwell in Big Pine Key, or possibly from the open side of the balcony from rooms 9201/9301.
__________________
Cali-D
CaliforniaDreaming is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #2668
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,337

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
I'm thinking the stairwell in Big Pine Key, or possibly from the open side of the balcony from rooms 9201/9301.
Good call! I thought it would have to be right at the end of the building - didn't think of the stairwell.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #2669
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Well so I came home today to a big box from Enviroscents on my front step!

I was almost as hyper as when it's time to leave for the Grand.

I plugged it in and took a sniff of the air and then I wasn't sure if it was right or not. Of course I'd been reading the directions and sort of smelling it in the canister at the same time so I could have been overwhelmed.


I have it in my foyer, which has a vaulted ceiling to the second floor. The scent is VERY strong. My house is right at 3400 sq ft and I can smell it in almost every room upstairs and down. I even turned it down about an hour ago because it was-- *gasp*-- a little strong.

After it had run for an hour, I wanted to test it out to see if I thought I had the same reaction, that maybe it wasn't the right scent, so I went outside with the dog for a bit. When I came back into the house, I opened the door, closed my eyes and stepped in.....
WHAM!!!! It's the GRAND!!!!!!!

I think the difference is that the GF lobby has a ton of lilies in different arrangements and that is what gives a different scent to it. Lilies are my favorite flower and usually I have a fresh arrangement on my dining room table of them but today of course I have the type doesn't smell. I'm pretty sure if I had some of the oriental lilies or star gazers, yep, the scent would be I-dentical! (My Cousin Vinny, anyone? )

My DD 10-- the one who refuses to step onto WDW property if she isn't staying at the GF-- when she came in, I told her to walk in and smell the air and tell me what she thought. She squealed and said "MOM!! It's the Grand!!"

So there you have it! I'm waiting on my other two kids to come in from school to get their reactions. I'll let you know what they think.

If anyone wants to order a machine---- I have a code to share to get 20% off of it. Brings the total to $159. That's the machine and one canister. A canister will last for about a month. Just send me a PM and I'll share it with you!
I noticed you have a dog, and wanted to let you know Lilies are very toxic to pets. Even if a leaf falls off and ends on the floor where the dog can get it, or the pollen.

I didn't know this and have 2 cats & a dog. A friend bought me a flower arrangement with Lily in it for Easter, and another friend told me about the toxic thing to cats & dogs. The effect is similar to ingesting antifreeze. And by the time they show symptoms it's too late.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 06:29 AM   #2670
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
dreamcruiser - I don't think this is a view from RPC. The angle is wrong, more likely from Big Pine Key. Sorry!
Ah well....my bad~
dreamcruiser is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: